• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Resistors for Fuel Gauge Improvement,Not For Sale,FREE...

cinnamon

Crotch Rocket
Yes my fellow Coggers free yes I said free resistors with instructions on fuel gauge improvement.JUST NEED YOUR ADDRESS??? The Wizard

Hope I'm not too late to this party, but would like to have a dependable fuel gauge.  You should have my address.

I have placed 2 in each envelope and instructions,if you know someone that needs the 2nd. one please pass it to them.Only so many.  Jerry Gaither

Kelly,BigD,BillD and Arby they are out.

Hey Jerry
If I could have one for my connie and one for my son's, I'd appreciate it.  Hope life is good for you and yours! :beerchug:  I think you've got my address already but if you need it let me know.

Victor and BillD I need addresses,,,,,Rick B.,Ed Martin,and Danny Sanders,yours are in the mail.  These are for us from TJ,to me to you.    Jerry Gaither

Victor Salisbury and Nick Holman(might have last name wrong) I need address's? Mr. Mulder out tomorrow.  Me

Come on now guys, I have 10 or 15 already in envelopes and more awaiting homes. Send me your addresses??  Jerry

Wizard,

Would appreciate a couple of your resistors if still available.

I have sent a PM with my address. Thanks

Sorry been so bed stuck and ER bouncing; Lee, Emery, Chris, Robert,and Oliver I will mail resistors today.    Jerry

Kevin I have more than a few,and your address so out Tuesday after holiday.    Jerry  "The Wizard"

Wizard,

Hope you are feeling better and had a good holiday. Got the resistors, greatly appreciated.
Thank-you. Cheers.  :)  :You_Rock_Emoticon:

If you'd be willing to send one to a new guy, I'd like one. If so, I'll PM you my address...if not, I understand.

Todd the new guy is just your next in line friend,besides we were all him once upon a time.  Jerry"The Wizard"Gaither

The resistor arrived in the mail today. Thank you! It took me longer to find where my wife put the zip ties after "cleaning" the garage than it did to install. Thanks again!

another new guy. If you have any resistors left I would greatly appreciate one. I'll pm my address, just in case you have any more. Thank You!!

I would like one if you have any left. You should have my address from the backrest/ rack I got from you.
Jeff

Got mine yesterday and installed right away. Thanks for the service on these. Rather than just push the resistor legs into the wire connection I removed the connectors from the plastic housing and used a drop of solder to attach them. Afterwards wrapped it up with some self fusing tape.

Hello Wizard:

Do you have any of these resistors left?

If so here is name and address

Stephen Retzke
1 Cote Circle
Raymond, NH. 03077

Thank You

Hey Jerry, I would be interested in the resistor kit if you have more left.
Will pm you.
Thanks for the offer.

Thanks Jerry.

I received my resistor and instructions May 2nd, installation was a breeze. Thanks again for your efforts!
John

Hi Wizard,
I’m a Brit on the other side of the ocean, I’d like one of your resistors, but fear that the P&P and import tax would make it silly! Please can you post the spec for the said resistor so that I can source in in the UK.
Kev.

If you still have one, I'd be happy to to get it and send you whatever the postage cost is. Will PM my info.

Thank you,
                                                                                                                                                      GW

Got it today, with instructions to boot!  Looks super easy to install---thanks so much Jerry!!  :)

K_C_M said:
Hi Wizard,
I’m a Brit on the other side of the ocean, I’d like one of your resistors, but fear that the P&P and import tax would make it silly! Please can you post the spec for the said resistor so that I can source in in the UK.
Kev.

Kev, they're 220 ohm, 1/4 (0.25) watt resistors. They're very small so could probably go in a first class mail envelope and since Wizard is giving them away it doesn't seem like tax would be an issue. But you can probably find them in an electronics store or on Ebay.

Installation instructions here:  http://c10mods.blogspot.com/2011/07/c10-fuel-gauge-modification.html

The Wizard said:
Victor Salisbury and Nick Holman(might have last name wrong) I need address's? Mr. Mulder out tomorrow.  Me
Would greatly appreciate one of those resisters for sure thanks brother Fast Eddie Savage 62 Pecan Run Ocala Fl. 34472

Sorry Eddie, but the Wizard is riding twisties in the afterlife.
The resistor ya need is 220ohm 1/4 watt.

I would never attempt to replace The Wizard, but I happen to have a few 220Ω resistors at hand. Eddie, I'll drop a couple in the mail to you tomorrow.

For the UK people...or anywhere else really! I've just ordered 20 of these resistors, cost a quid, so if anyone wants one, just contact me and I'll send you one FOC 😊

I would never attempt to replace The Wizard, but I happen to have a few 220Ω resistors at hand. Eddie, I'll drop a couple in the mail to you tomorrow.
If you still have a spare 220 ohm resister, I could use one.
Thanks!
Bob

If you still have a spare 220 ohm resister, I could use one.
Thanks!
Bob
Bob, sorry, I've been away from the forum for a little while. Unfortunately, they were misplaced when I moved from Florida to Texas last November. Hopefully you can find some from somewhere else if you haven't arleady.

Bob, sorry, I've been away from the forum for a little while. Unfortunately, they were misplaced when I moved from Florida to Texas last November. Hopefully you can find some from somewhere else if you haven't arleady.

No worries Ed.
I'll get one.
Thanks!
Bob