• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Return to Hohenwald IV (Social)

Tinsailor

Return to Hohenwald IV (Social)   
April 3rd to 5th, 2020   
at the Nachez Trace Wilderness Preserve     
1363 Napier Road, Hohenwald, TN 38462   

We've moved this up a little earlier in the year,   
so we don't conflict with other Rally's close by or the Holiday's.   
This area has some of the best roads in this part of Tennessee   
and the Shiloh Battlefields are not far away.   
Other destinations, we’ll tell you about when you arrive.   

To help the costs down we've decided to make this a social event.     
So, you'll need to contact the Campground   
and make the arrangements that you like:   

Tent Camping   
$29.13 for 1 night   
$55.45 for 2 nights     
$83.13 for 3 nights   
*Shower house is close by.     

Deluxe Cabin   
(Sleeps 4 & with TV)     
Friday-Saturday 2 nights $256.77   
Thursday- Saturday 3 nights $372.57   

Theme Cabin   
(Sleeps 6-8 & 2 bathrooms)     
Friday- Saturday 2 nights $349.03   
Thursday - Saturday 3 nights $507.82   
It seems I remember the cabins just have 2 beds,   
so if you’re going to sleep 4, you better be good friends.   

Supper will be provided Friday & Saturday night.   
Entertainment by “Kenny” Saturday night.   
Donations are appreciated. 

JUST A REMINDER THIS IS A “SOCIAL” AND NOT AN OFFICIAL RALLY, SO EVERYONE 
IS ON THEIR OWN TO MAKE THEIR ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE CAMPGROUND AHEAD OF TIME.

Registration is FREE and there will be a $10.00 charge for each guest(s). 

Contact Sandy at 931-796-3211.   
*** Mention you are with the COG for these rates. ***

I called and got a cabin, yay!  BTW, they will give you a bigger discount if you are military or a veteran.  Looking forward to meeting some new folks. :motonoises:

Ranger Jim said:
You are requiring folks planning to attend to register, right?😳

Yes. His support staff (ME) hasn't gotten it on the event calendar yet. Work got in the way today, but maybe TOMORROW!!! 

Please register --> all.

Thanks all.
Ron

The guy Tim referenced as "Kenny" did a great show last time. Highly recommended.

This event is on the calendar. I reserve the right to tweak it  :D  if Tim and Jack find something wrong, but registration is open. Y'all come.

Ron

My wife (Marina) and I will likely come up for Sat to join y'all for the full day. We're doing a partial CA coast ride in late March, so the funds and time off (from work) will curtail our being able to stay longer.

That's great. Make sure to sign up so you're in the "head count" (Tim/Jack be along to tell us more.)

Is there a certain area that folks are camping at, site numbers? Two(or more) tents per site or one tent per site?

Are you tenting or RV'ing? Inquiring minds want to know... (when to un-winterize my TH). ;D

ron203 said:
Are you tenting or RV'ing? Inquiring minds want to know... (when to un-winterize my TH). ;D

Tenting off of the bike. Staying at Mr. Sills place on the way up followed by a few days(week?) at likely Suches or Kickstands on the way back.

The big seasonal trip will kick off later in April, about the 20th, heading west in the Roadtrek with bike in tow.

Un-winterize? Does that mean you have to winterize it first?  :eek: :beerchug:

Cool. I went up the interstate last time so I could do Mont Eagle Mtn, but this time I think I'll cut across from Rome, too.

ron203 said:
Cool. I went up the interstate last time so I could do Mont Eagle Mtn, but this time I think I'll cut across from Rome, too.

While I would normally avoid the interstate I need to go through Manchester, TN. I'm having a new Terry Adcox seat made up and wanna swing by his place on Friday for pics and fitment. Build date is not until May, he's a bit backed up. We(Tom and I) haven't planned the remaining route yet but I do know that it will not go through Nashville.

I'd love to make it but that early means I may have to shovel the bike out of the garage to head out. ;D

Tinsailor said:
We’re about 3 weeks out now. Make your plans according.

Tim, I just registered my cousin Rocky, he said he would attend but if something comes up and he does not, I'll cover his food costs.

Made our camping reservations. we should be there mid afternoon on Friday.

SteveJ. said:
Tinsailor said:
We’re about 3 weeks out now. Make your plans according.

I'm out. Some stuff came up.

Oh, just wash your hands, wipe down the bike, and come on.... :)

Seriously, sorry you can't make it. :'(

I have a cabin reserved and I'll be there.  My wife WAS going to Disney in Florida with her sister that week, but now that may or may not happen.  If not, she'll be with me.  I believe I've registered both of us.

Squatchmo said:
I have a cabin reserved and I'll be there.  My wife WAS going to Disney in Florida with her sister that week, but now that may or may not happen.  If not, she'll be with me.  I believe I've registered both of us.

Effective close of business this coming Sunday, Disney World will close, so far until the end of March.

Oh, just wash your hands, wipe down the bike, and come on.... :)

The Corona stuff has nothing to do with not going. In fact, heading to the Freak Show up in Daytona this Saturday and still heading to Cliff's in April.

With the Coronavirus floating around, I thought it to be a good idea to remind everyone that high alcohol content liquors are a fantastic disinfectant. Consider this a pubic service message.

Tinsailor said:
With the Coronavirus floating around, I thought it to be a good idea to remind everyone that high alcohol content liquors are a fantastic disinfectant. Consider this a pubic service message.

:beerchug:

Y'all have fun up there.

So with all the disruption of daily normal lives, assuming some of us are normal, how does everyone feel about this rally? I just wants yalls input.

Still plannng to attend both Hohenwald and Cliff's. Count me in as strange, a.k.a., normal bike rider.

Tinsailor said:
So with all the disruption of daily normal lives, assuming some of us are normal, how does everyone feel about this rally? I just wants yalls input.

I'm planning on coming because I don't too close to y'all ANYWAYS...... and besides, as my buddy Phil says, after all this Corona Virus mess, I need a RIDE.

I still plan to attend, if y’all decide to hold it. May end up camping depending on whether Lane attends as he has a cabin reserved. If he’s out, the cabin is too pricey to go solo. I’m fine with whatever y’all decide. I’d really like to see everyone but the new reality (for now) may cause us to reevaluate our plans.

As it stands right now from seeing the comments and who I’ve talked to on the phone this morning we’re still full steam ahead and steady as we go. However, the wildcard in this will be what the campground decides on. As it stands right now, as of this morning, they are operating as usual but that can change as things unfold. So keep a close watch on this thread and Jack or I will post ASAP if something changes.

Hmm...about an hour and 20 minutes via Natchez Trace Parkway.  Been wanting to eat at the Junkyard Dog so....might ride down Saturday.  Any specific ride plans for that day?

This just in........I just talked to Carolyn Strickland the manager and she told me there would be NO fees for cancelations if anyone desires to back out at the last minute. She also said that the campground has cancelled all activity’s that they were doing but that didn’t effect us as campers.

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
Hmm...about an hour and 20 minutes via Natchez Trace Parkway.  Been wanting to eat at the Junkyard Dog so....might ride down Saturday.  Any specific ride plans for that day?

Bruce, we havnt really made any kind of plans for any particular day other than meals. We can always plan out a little something a day or two before hand. Jack and I will be there Thursday anyway and with things as fluid as they are right now didn’t see much sense in making concrete plans on things.

Cool- might ride down from Franklin.  Just as long as I stay away from Calf Killer Brewery.  lol.  Their brews put a hurting on me once.
Cool tour they give though. :beerchug:

That Calf-Killer Brewery tour is absolutely the best, most entertaining brewery tour I've ever been on.  The beer is really good too. :great: :great: :beerchug:

I wouldn't plan on eating out anywhere if TN does what everyone else is doing. Restaurants here in SC can only do carry out or delivery. We may be stuck eating jerky, pretzels and Clif Bars. Or, cooking at the campground. That is, if they don't put the National Guard on the streets and confine us to our homes!

Ranger Jim said:
That Calf-Killer Brewery tour is absolutely the best, most entertaining brewery tour I've ever been on.  The beer is really good too. :great: :great: :beerchug:

+1

Anyone hear if Tennessee has banned group gatherings yet? They're popping up here in Ga.

Don’t know about TN yet but KY has banned all gatherings over 10 people for the foreseeable future. Rumor are for 6-8 more weeks.

I just check the Governor’s web site and unless I’m missing it, things like this are still at the discretion of group organizers. That can change at any time.

trucker said:
Don’t know about TN yet but KY has banned all gatherings over 10 people for the foreseeable future. Rumor are for 6-8 more weeks.

That's the presidentia "guidance" figure.

See the other thread for  details. But it's the right thing to do. :'(

Ron