• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Return to Hohenwald IV

I registered, but likely can only make it Sat., only due to work. Not far for me from north AL area. Needing to save vacation time off for our other SE events, following this one.

Just made my reservation, I’m in Thursday to Sunday my wife will join me Friday and Saturday hopefully I’ll still be on the Connie lol the new bike bug is getting worse.

Shiloh is pretty interesting, I believe I’ll go with you. I havnt been there in a number of years.
I've been to all the big ones in Va, I live close to Atlanta, have been to the ones near Chattanooga and up on Lookout Mtn. I'll be interested in seeing what is there. The one at Chickamauga (day trip from the National Rally) has a HUGE arms collection on display. Looking forward to it. I guess Shiloh is part of the "Western front" (?) that took place before the Union armies swung east to Chattanooga and promptly "blazed" a trail down to Atlanta and Savannah.

Hey, this sounds like a great get place to get together. I haven't been to this one yet, but, now that I'm officially retired, :D, I have time to attend. I would be trailering the bike up, sorry, but I'm looking forward to riding the area. Before I sign up, I have a couple of questions. Is anyone renting a cabin and if so, do they need a room mate to share the cost? I'm a young at heart old fart, don't smoke, don't snore (according to the wife) and keep to my side of the bed :oops:. I know most of you guys anyway. I could tent camp, but I'm getting lazy. I haven't talked to the wife about this yet so I don't know if she would be interested in coming. I doubt it though. Anyway, just a shout out to see what happening.

Coming April 22-25 is the Return to Hohenwald ride in social. Come on Thursday or earlier in the week and enjoy your stay at the Natchez Trace Wilderness Preserve 931-796-3211. Call to reserve a spot. They are giving us special rates for tent camping or a cabin so mention COG when you call. Enjoy the great roads in and around Lewis County where there are plenty of hills, hollers and curves. You can travel to Shiloh; tour the battleground and museum and eat great catfish at Hagy’s Catfish Hotel. The campground is next to the Natchez Trace Parkway where you can ride north to Lieper’s Fork and tour a distillery or just walk around the quaint town and enjoy good eats at Puckett’s. If you go to the end you can eat at the Loveless Cafe. In Columbia there is a vintage motorcycle shop to explore S & G Cycles and plenty of places to eat. Go east to Lynchburg and tour the Jack Daniels distillery. There are great restaurants in Hohenwald where you can enjoy American food at the The Junk Yard Dog or Lewis & Clark, Mexican at the Casa Grande and Rio Colorado, or Chinese at the Rong Garden. We will have maps of the area so you can plot a course. We’ll keep a campfire burning and dinner will be provided Thursday night at the campground. Friday night you’re on your own and Saturday will be the BBQ banquet with your choice of brisket, pulled pork or chicken. Kenny Durham will entertain us around the campfire. Please let us know if you are going to eat with us! We need to know how much to order. Contact Jack McVickers or Tim Curtis for more info.

Sounds like a good time. Made my reservation. See you on Friday! Whoee!!

Alright, the wife wants to come! :love: Our 30th is on the 4th so this will be a good trip to celebrate. ;) I just booked a basic cabin for us at the COG rates with Jan and got the confirmation. It should be awesome spring time weather for riding up there. I'll be trailering it up as we both don't fit on the bike with all that needs to come (extra essentials) plus she wouldn't ride that far. :rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I have ridden the Natchez Trace south end to north end. Great ride. Looking forward to this get together. I made my room reservation today and registered. Will be getting there Thursday and leaving Sunday. Ron I’d like to make the ride with y’all Saturday

I’m going to be in the RV area but I’ll come over to the fire Friday night with my chair.

I would love to be there as I know the coffee is always fantastic. But, April in Cleveland usually means snow on the ground still, sorry. Maybe if global warming rears it's ugly head, I may venture out.

Alright, the wife wants to come! :love: Our 30th is on the 4th so this will be a good trip to celebrate. ;) I just booked a basic cabin for us at the COG rates with Jan and got the confirmation. It should be awesome spring time weather for riding up there. I'll be trailering it up as we both don't fit on the bike with all that needs to come (extra essentials) plus she wouldn't ride that far. :rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
I barely fit on the bike with all my camping stuff.;)

I would love to be there as I know the coffee is always fantastic. But, April in Cleveland usually means snow on the ground still, sorry. Maybe if global warming rears it's ugly head, I may venture out.
Dave, try to make it if you can, it’d be good to see you again. I know the weather were your at can be questionable that time of year and for that matter, it is here too. It’s always a crap shoot with this stuff.

Arriving Friday along with Mr. Sills.

Can someone tell me if reservations are required for the tenting area? TIA

Well, there goes the neighborhood LOL Looks like me and Reid will be there on Thursday. It will be my first Hohenwald rally so go easy on the newbie LOL

Hey y'all, we just signed up for the event all weekend and are very excited to get out and camp and ride some backroads.
I'll bring my banjo along for some backup, don't mind adding to the entertainment one evening, we've a old timey family band CampbellsCalamitySoup.
This is our first event, e're about to make the call for a tent site, see y'all there!

About a 50% chance of rain on Saturday, not too bad-I've got to check and make sure I've got my rain gear on the right bike. LOL.

Everybody remember to bring your camp chair for the campfires and a little cash for tipping Kenny. We'll also "pass the hat" for the community meals, too. This'll be fun.

37 registered as of yesterday. Sweet!!! (I SO need a ride. Also-don't forget the Mississippi RTE on May 15th).

I'll be coming up Thursday and hitting the RV area, but I'm working "remotely" on Friday from the campground Library. See you there.

Ron

As much as I hate to, I am going to cancel my trip this time. I have been chasing an oil leak since I did a valve check over a month ago. I was hoping the 4th time was the charm but not so. I got the bike torn down trying to find where it is coming from. I know I won't find it before Thursday.. Y'all have fun and I know you will. see some of you down the road

Time to buy a DIFFERENT bike. We'll just have to talk about you (in your absence)...

Twas a cool event in many ways, for sure. Good riding and good friends with a bit of wind, rain and cool temps sprinkled about. April has always been a bit twitchy weatherwise.
Thanks to Tim and Jack for hosting us!

Yep. Well said, Tom. Kenny played some "cool" tunes at the Barn, but hung in like a trooper. He's looking forward to performing at the National Rally. But the real story was the FOOD. Wow!!! Pretty good riding, too. I got home about 5:00 pm after a leisurely drive. Thanks Jack, Gwynn (Mrs. Jack), and Tim. Lots and lots of work went into this. They fed us and managed our "mess." What a great job. Thank you folks.

Yep. Well said, Tom. Kenny played some "cool" tunes at the Barn, but hung in like a trooper. He's looking forward to performing at the National Rally. But the real story was the FOOD. Wow!!! Pretty good riding, too. I got home about 5:00 pm after a leisurely drive. Thanks Jack, Gwynn (Mrs. Jack), and Tim. Lots and lots of work went into this. They fed us and managed our "mess." What a great job. Thank you folks.
In spite of a few snags and less than ideal weather, that turned out pretty good!

Agree with the thanks to Jack and Tim for the great job. Tim led us on some really fun roads on the return from Shiloh.