• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Reverse fliectomy?

JerBear

Steve, it is my intention to try one of your Flashes for my C14.  I have the secondary flies for the throttle bodies that I removed (but saved) many years ago.  You told me they would need to be replaced before a flash would be fully helpful.  Is there any words of wisdom IE orientation (positioning on the plates) or locking fluids for retaining screws that I should use? 

If you'd prefer, PM me and this is not urgent I'm planning to do a TB synch next month so I'll be in there anyway.  I may as well put them back in.  Also you have several types of flashes don't you?  Perhaps I can talk with you about he type that would benefit me the most. 

Jerry

Had to replace my flies when I got my ECU flashed by Steve. After I replaced got a DTC about the secondary butterflies, (wish I could remember the code number) sent Steve PM he called me back quickly and over the phone we got the problem solved by shutting bike off and restarting a few times. 
    Found code #62

Stuff some paper towels between the secondary and primary throttles to catch an errant screw if one gets away. Not to much, you'll need to pull it out once the fliy is back in. I dipmy screwdriver tip in rtv silicone to help it hold the screw. I also use red locktite on the threads. Finally, be sure not to let the fly crowd the walls of the venturii. If it does, the throttle shaft will drag and not close. this will show up as a constant high idle.

I do have several flashes for the concours, and it's best to email me at Steve@shoodabenengineering.com  with your phone # so we can discuss options. Thanks, Steve

I have a similar issue with my Z1000. I want to flash it and the previous owner gave me the butterflies but no screws.
Anyone know what size these little screws would be??

Well Steve the Flies have been re-installed and the movement seems seamless and full.  Took it out for a spin and it seems to run very well.  I am going to wait until June per your other thread regarding your personal time needs w/moving and such.  I'm hosting a tech day where my Throttle body Synch will be done May 11th and early June be contacting you regarding the flash of my ECU.  Is email or phone or PM the best way to contact you?  I need to check out your different products and decide.  At this point i believe the Mountain Runner may be the direction I go but perhaps another makes more sense?

Jerry

Jerry, I'm currently moving and should close on selling my old house this week. In a week or so I should be ready to flash again, and I will simultaneously release 2 new flashes for the Concours 14. More power than anyone has seen yet, it will be available in Mountain Runner and also in a more "race" or aggressive style flash. Check my website shoodabenengineering.com and email me through the site when you are ready. Thanks, Steve