• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RevIT Airwave 2 Riding Pants 2K miles test ride

gilbysan

I bought the RevIT Airwave 2 riding pants in white for my trip to Laguna Seca.  I intended to use them over bicycle riding shorts with Gel inserts which by the way really help on those long days. 

The pants did very well.  Lots of air flow, they come with adjustable knee pads, waist, two front pockets, and were long enough in standard length to not ride up and expose ankle flesh when wearing short boots.  They held up well.  As you know with the Connie when moving and it is raining, you dont get very much water on yourself.  So we rode the first day all in rain down the WA and OR Coast and the pants and Connie kept we warm and dry.  By the time we got back a week later the lowest part of them was a bit dirty, other than that they were golden.  I noted that unlike jeans they do not stick to my legs when things get hot.

If anyone is wondering why white vs. black?  My fellow riders in black riding apparel either leather or fabric were baking as we got further south.  I was nice and comfortable, plus it matches my jacket, lol.

Very happy with the purchase.
Cheers!
Gilbysan

Forgot to mention that I found a place in the Netherlands that sold them for $146. USD.  Chromeburner.com  Also got an EU rated equivalent to the Shoei RF1200 which is called the NXR, model Rumpus in Blue for $381. vs. $589. All with shipping included to the US and no Customs duty because it is less than $700.
All in all a great deal and price.  Delivered sooner than expected and just as advertised.
Cheers!
Gilbysan

Great review Bob! Funny I just bought the RevIt Airwave 2 jacket a month ago and love it! I was considering the matching pants but ended up with a Klim in a light tan color, ie something not absorbing the heat but also wanted pants I could wear around at work. I also do the same thing wearing bike shorts under the pants on longer rides- works fantastic without having to worry about any soreness. :)