• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride report Maine to Oaxaca Mexico (99 Concours)

Castineman

Tricycle
I made it!  The bike ran beautifully!  Only mishap was a broken speedometer cable! 

Entered Mexico at Brownsville.  Had all paperwork ready.  Go early, no lines.  Got lost in Matamoros, I didn't want a GPS.  Maybe not a good idea.  The Northern part of Mexico was no fun.  Once I got down towards Veracruz things eased up.  Fast  travel can only be done on the CUOTAS or toll roads, otherwise it can be slow and somewhat rough going.

People were friendly and I wish I could have stayed. A good job opened up back home so I returned early and didn't make Guatemala as planned.  I'm thinking of trying again this year.

I have tried to download my complete ride report but it never goes through.  Its 11 pages long with pictures so maybe it's jus too long for the forum.  Any ideas how to upload it would be great.

Let me know if anyone else is planning a trip like this I'd like to talk to you.

Geoffrey
nobscot57@gmail.com

Sounds amazing! :great:
Hope you can download the whole trip. Hey, no GPS means you have to talk to the locals, more fun! How long was your trip?

Traveling into at least deep Mexico is something that more and more is intriguing me. Possibly this coming winter.

I'm already figuring on spending some time in the US southwest this winter with Roadtrek and bike. No reason I can't arrange for a month or more of Mexico mixed in on just the bike.

Most likely the pictures are the reason that your ride report won't post.  I usually open the picture on my PC and use the snipping tool or a similar image processor to reduce the file size. 

Also, try posting it a day at a time in seperate posts with the smaller pictures.  Hope that helps.

I can't wait to see it!

If you use google products (gmail) just upload it to google drive, put it in your public folder, right click and select SHARE. You can get a link that you can place here, and we can all ready it. Maybe even help format it for posting here on the site. I WANNA READ IT!!!!!  :)