• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride Routes near Vancouver, WA.....National

Great start on those locations! In addition to the above, there's the following:

- Rowena Crest Viewpoint
- Goldendale Observatory (which I'll add to our PacNW science ride idea)
- Sherar's bridge
- Evergreen Aviation & Space museum (with the big Spruce Goose)

SO Excited to see next year's National will be in our back yard.  The last one I was able to attend was the 2013 National in Idaho Falls, ID

I much prefer to head east and avoid traffic, generally have superior vistas, and usually get less rain (though it can get a tad warm).

My 'around the block' ride usually consists of one of the following three routes.  They might be a bit long for some riders if your start/stop point is Vancouver, WA, but I figured I'd list them anyway.  Maybe folks can take part of them in on their ride out to the National?  I've TinyURL'd them all so they aren't 500 characters long.

#1 - Klickitat loop:  https://tinyurl.com/Runn3rb0yRide1  (104 Miles / 2h 35m)

#2 - Antelope-Fossil-Condon:  https://tinyurl.com/Runn3rb0yRide2  (251 Miles / 5h 47m)

#3 - Mitchell, & Spray:  https://tinyurl.com/Runn3rb0yRide3  (403 Miles / 8h 8m)

The ride times are probably estimated longer than actual.  There will be almost zero traffic on these routes unless something highly unusual happens.  Rides #2 & #3 have plenty availability for gas, and several of those stops have options for non-ethanol!  Most sections of the #2 and #3 routes can be ridden (*cough, cough*) above posted limits.  Not that I'm condoning speeding.  The majority of the miles on these routes have nothing but wide open spaces, plenty of corners, and no lack of amazing views. 

Jami and I will be able to go on one ride at the 2020 Nationals. After spending this last weekend at the coast celebrating Jami's 21st birthday again, here this is what we want to do on Wednesday, June 17th, grab a quick breakfast, kickstands up @ 08:00, and do a Coast Rip

Run down the Washington side to go over the bridge into Astoria, OR.
8353674333_67bc4d6031_b.jpg

Run down through Seaside, Cannon Beach, Manzanita, Garibaldi, to Bay City for lunch at The Fish Peddler in Bay City. Yes, lots of pictures along the way.
rfl_27128.jpg

After lunch run through Tillamook and out to Cape Meares. Get off the bikes and take a short walk to the lighthouse.
Cape_Meares_Lighthouse_OR_5500.jpg

From there check out Cape Lookout and if there is interest stop at the Tillamook Air Museum.
Camp_Meriwether_Cape_Lookout_State_Park.jpg

museum-107w-1.jpg

Then run East towards Rally Central and stop for dinner at the best burger joint in Oregon, Helvetia Tavern.
1-DSC017962-1024x561.jpg

They have motorcycle parking. :great:
photo0jpg-104-700x525.jpg

After a Jumbo Burger and fries we hightail it back to Rally Central. :motonoises:

If we ride to Tillamook Oregon I would like to recommend  Highway 26 to Highway 53 the turnoff is at Hamlet quick stop then on to the Miami Foley Road at Kendra's River food and lodging and on to Bay City and then on to Tillamook. On the way back a good place to eat is the beach bite at Garibaldi.The total mileage one way is 121 miles. The downside is highway five and Highway 405 through Portland to Highway 26. If we ride from Vancouver to Astoria to Seaside and to mohler and then on to Tillamook it's a total of 172 miles.However we do miss the Portland traffic and we get to go through seaside.

Gumby said:
Jami and I will be able to go on one ride at the 2020 Nationals. After spending this last weekend at the coast celebrating Jami's 21st birthday again, here this is what we want to do on Wednesday, June 17th, grab a quick breakfast, kickstands up @ 08:00, and do a Coast Rip

Run down the Washington side to go over the bridge into Astoria, OR.
8353674333_67bc4d6031_b.jpg

Run down through Seaside, Cannon Beach, Manzanita, Garibaldi, to Bay City for lunch at The Fish Peddler in Bay City. Yes, lots of pictures along the way.
rfl_27128.jpg

After lunch run through Tillamook and out to Cape Meares. Get off the bikes and take a short walk to the lighthouse.
Cape_Meares_Lighthouse_OR_5500.jpg

From there check out Cape Lookout and if there is interest stop at the Tillamook Air Museum.
Camp_Meriwether_Cape_Lookout_State_Park.jpg

museum-107w-1.jpg

Then run East towards Rally Central and stop for dinner at the best burger joint in Oregon, Helvetia Tavern.
1-DSC017962-1024x561.jpg

They have motorcycle parking. :great:
photo0jpg-104-700x525.jpg

After a Jumbo Burger and fries we hightail it back to Rally Central. :motonoises:

This looks like a ride we'd like to make.  :motonoises: