• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride the Ribbon

2linby

Check your calendars!
8)

Soon to be posted is the NWCOG famous Ride the Ribbon!  This year we'll be in John Day, Oregon. Well of course it is in Oregon!!!
I'll be contacting the Dreamers Lodge Motel for rates and reservations for Labor Day Weekend 2011.
But don't wait for me!  Call them and book your room(s) now!  Rides to be decided between now and then, but for anyone who has been there before, well what can I say!
No fees, everyone is welcome, a Saturday night dinner to be announced. Central Oregon has so many options for rides it is incredible!
So mark your Calendars for this upcoming Friday September 2nd, Saturday September 3rd and Sunday September 4th 2011 for the best riding, roads and of course riders in the Northwest!
Ride the Ribbon is alive and well!!  ;) :)

Dreamers Lodge Motel
144 N Canyon Blvd
John Day, OR 97845
(541) 575-0526

For those campers in the group here is a link to the Grant County Fargrounds just up the road a piece.  http://www.grantcountyfairgrounds.com/rv-park.php

That was a good spot that time we had it in John Day. Next to food and drink, and the DQ. I checked the Ride With Us map. There is a Gold Wing rally at the fairgrounds the same weekend. Book early if they are using the same motel.

Camping information:

http://www.grantcountyfairgrounds.com/rv-park.php

BTW the Dreamer Lodge is filling up so GET YOUR RESERVATION IN ASAP!!!

$63.00 for a single

Looky here at what I just found.
  http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=145553&mo=9&tDate={d%20%272011-09-12%27}

I just planted the seed for a weekend without family ties by asking my wife if she wanted to camp in a tent Labor Day weekend, knowing full well the answer would be "NO!" :hee20hee20hee:

FYI: Camping can be challenging in the summer in John Day, last time I went on the RTR was in JD 2007?  it was hot hot hot and the tent area was close to the river with skeeters.
I wuz in the motel.

danodemotoman said:
FYI: Camping can be challenging in the summer in John Day, last time I went on the RTR was in JD 2007?  it was hot hot hot and the tent area was close to the river with skeeters.
I wuz in the motel.

Just making sure everyone has options, I am not making any recommendations, just stating the options.

danodemotoman said:
I wuz in the motel.

I'm doing the "Dad pays college tuition" thing, so if I can make the trip I'll have to do it on the cheap. :03:

danodemotoman said:
I wuz in the motel.

+1 this. Tent was a friggin sauna.

Options are good.
I am not critizing.
Just stating the known. :sign0137:

2linby said:
danodemotoman said:
I wuz in the motel.

Just making sure everyone has options, I am not making any recommendations, just stating the options.

I remember one year is was frosty in the mornings. I'm surprised no T-Shirt for this one. I'll bring some magic markers and some old Harley shirts.