• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Riding Routes near Williamsport, Pa. National

I have made gpx files from the first link Jason provided. The wine tour I started from RC hotel the others I started from a point that was closest to the hotel. On the waterfalls I added an extra waterfall at Taughannock Falls State Park. If you are that close you should go see it also.

This is my first time I have tried to post gpx files. Let me know if it worked. I used Garmin Base Camp with the routing set to fastest.

Jeff

Attachments

• Marie Antoinette from 6 & 220.gpx
    297.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Scenic Vista from Laporte.gpx
    312.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Waterfalls from Troy.gpx
    236.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Wine tour.gpx
    294.5 KB · Views: 129
2019 Keystone National COG Rally Sample Ride Routes are Available Online

Review sample ride descriptions, download GPX files, and paper route sheets here:
http://concours.org/national/2019-national-rally/riding

2019RideRoutesMap.jpg

When you download and use any ride, route or GPS file provided, you do so with the understanding that the Concours Owners Group (COG) cannot assume responsibility for your personal safety when using these sample routes. If you choose to use these sample routes you do so voluntarily, based on your own assessment of your abilities, the route conditions and facilities, and therefore assume all risks. You release and hold harmless COG, its officers, agents, and members from any and all injury and/or loss to your person or property that may result from using these routes or participation in this event. You understand that the routes available for your use are samples of possible routes in the event area. They are provided without any guarantee of accuracy, road quality, or safety. As with any route provided, we recommend following the route on a map first, and decide if you wish to alter the sample route. This way you will have a better idea of where you are going and have more fun doing it. By downloading any of these files from the COG website you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this statement.

I downloaded the routes and I'm trying a new nav system on my android phone this year. It's not free but the couple of times I've used it were really good.

www.myrouteapp.com
https://navigation.myrouteapp.com/en

It's made by the folks that made Tyre. You can custom make routes and import for navigation. It even tells you how far the next gas station is.

I'm hoping to eliminate the Garmin by using this. I paid for 3 years of navigation ($130) and 1 year of "gold" membership on the route maker ($35). Not terrible and it's an experiment to see how it really functions for me. I did one route on the fly a few weekends ago and it really was impressive.

gsjay said:
Has anyone tried these GPX files that Jeff made?

jason

I just downloaded the Waterfall route to my desktop and opened it with Basecamp and sent it to my Zumo 595 and everything looks fine to me. 

Steve, I will report back shortly

OK, back  LOL

I was able to download the routes and all the restaurants and other items you have saved.  Great job by somone and thanks for the work

COGnosticator said:
Steve, I will report back shortly

OK, back  LOL

I was able to download the routes and all the restaurants and other items you have saved.  Great job by somone and thanks for the work

:great:  Thanks. Good to get another set of eyes on it.

Kudos to gMitch for many hours of work.

For anyone looking for Dual Sport riding near the National there is a large section of the Mid Atlantic Backroad Discovery route just west of Williamsport. Starting near Jersey Shore, Pa.

https://ridebdr.com/MABDR

jason

Hey Jason,  Any chance my rally pack will have paper road maps?  Most years we get ones free from the host state.

smithr1 said:
Hey Jason,  Any chance my rally pack will have paper road maps?  Most years we get ones free from the host state.

we're working on it but the PA State Road map is a very elusive crittter...................
The link above is easy, and only cost you a stamp for 4 maps.

jason

So if you see my ridden states map you see a lot of white in the New England area.  Any chance you guys can make a route that would catch as many states up there as possible?  I had PA but nothing north or east of there.  It would be nice to hit as many as possible when we are in the area.

smithr1 said:
So if you see my ridden states map you see a lot of white in the New England area.  Any chance you guys can make a route that would catch as many states up there as possible?  I had PA but nothing north or east of there.  It would be nice to hit as many as possible when we are in the area.

Bob,
I'm sure one the NE guys could help you put a route together to catch NY & NJ.............
Volunteers?
tks
Jason

Have you noticed on the schedule that the car museum at Eagles Mere is opening for us on Wednesday at noon? You can catch the Skymed presentation after breakfast and still have lots of time to get to the museum. If you like Hot Rods you won’t want to miss this museum

gsjay said:
Have you noticed on the schedule that the car museum at Eagles Mere is opening for us on Wednesday at noon? You can catch the Skymed presentation after breakfast and still have lots of time to get to the museum. If you like Hot Rods you won’t want to miss this museum

The museum got rave reviews by spring fling rally attendees who visited there a few years ago. A really nice collection of cars and planes.

Many thanks to local COG member George Griffith who arranged the special opening of Eagles Mere Auto Museum for COG. This is a note from him...
"The museum is happy to have us back and will be open from noon, on Wednesday, July 24 Wednesday for as long as people show up. The admission charge will be $8.00 per person, paid at the door. Just mention COG. The only thing they ask is when parking please use something under the side stand to prevent sinking in to the pavement. The Eagles Mere Inn and the Sweet Shop will be open in town that day, and some other local businesses too. Lets really try to support some local businesses that day if we can to show our appreciation for opening the museum just for us."

[smg id=1658]  [smg id=1661]  [smg id=1684] [smg id=1687]

I have in 2004 but plan on riding PA 144 while at the national and if anybody riding with me want to go there, I will be glad to take them

32252504.0001aDSCF0146.jpg

Watkins Glen, NY is a day ride from Williamsport.

https://parks.ny.gov/parks/142/

Note to most Coggers.
Ride to the top of the Glen and walk down to the bottom. Shuttle bus back to the top!

1000's of steps!

jason

Another great destination is the Elk Visitors Center.

http://elkcountryvisitorcenter.com/

I want to be honest you. You won't see any Elk out in the middle of the day. You have to be early in the AM or later in the evening when it cools down.......

But the visitors center is really neat!

jason