• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rim bent

Ed said:
Anyone know if a zx1400 front rim will fit the zg1400 .

generically yes... but year is significant...

difference in part numbers is due to colors of rim.
also, ABS ring differs at a certain point also, not specifically relating to rim/ring interface, but slot count in the actual sensor rings.

My 2006 ZX14 rim is exactly like my 2013 C14. Even the spacers are same. All you need to do is swap over the ABS ring to the ZX14 rim and rotors if you need to and off you go.

I bought a pair of over-sized rotors from Brake-Tech for a ZX14 and slapped them on my C14.  My stock ZX14 rims are bronze color, my spare wheels are black like my C14.

That's good to hear . Hit a rock with my 08 and bent it on one side . Found a 2016 front rim for less than it would cost to fix the bent one . Its black but I don't care about color . So sounds like this rim will fit ? I don't have ABS, so would it matter if the bike it came off of had ABS ?
Thanks for the replies .

I need a front wheel for my 2014 Concours.  Mine is leaking air at about five pounds a week.  Any suggestions.  Thanks, BillyJ  423 877 0505  Hixson Tn.

Pin-point the leak with soapy water.  A wheel consists of a rim, a tyre and a valve.  It's unlikely to be the rim.

+1, check to see if there's leak. Also if you're in a cold climate area its normal to lose PSI for a bit but not weekly like you're experiencing.

What's the mileage on your front tire? I notice when I push the limits on certain tire brands air doesn't hold like when its new.

The valve stems schrader valves can leak. Check to see thats it tight in the valve stem. I have a small tool that I use to loosen and re-tighten.

The soap suggestion is a good one.

gpd323 said:
The valve stems schrader valves can leak. Check to see thats it tight in the valve stem. I have a small tool that I use to loosen and re-tighten.

The soap suggestion is a good one.

that ^^^^^^

I don't think I've ever had a bike tire rim leak, ever...

but I've seen many a bad schrader valve... I change them every tire change, they are cheap... Like $4 a dozen or so...
I also goober a bit of "spit" on my fingertip, and swipe it across the end of the valve stem, whenever I top a tire up with air... if a valve is leaking you will see it quite easily. You'll get a goober bubble... :rotflmao:

Were you riding where roofers were working? Small nails will sometimes stay in the rubber and the tire will lose air at the rate you describe

One time my tire was losing air slowly like you describe, I looked the tire over and over until my finger got cut on a piece of staple (the home size) and when I pulled it out bingo. Visually it was near impossible to see.

gpd323 said:
One time my tire was losing air slowly like you describe, I looked the tire over and over until my finger got cut on a piece of staple (the home size) and when I pulled it out bingo. Visually it was near impossible to see.
BillyJ said:
I need a front wheel for my 2014 Concours.  Mine is leaking air at about five pounds a week.  Any suggestions.  Thanks, BillyJ  423 877 0505  Hixson Tn.

I always use a scotch brite pad to clean the inside of the rims well, were the bead seats. Any little debri or corrosion will keep the bead from seating well. Just another reason to mount your own tires.

A shop sure want take the time!

I agree with the others and doubt you have a leaking wheel. The first PR-2 rear I had put on seemed to loose air all the time. 2-3 pounds over night. The TPS worked and I never aired tires so often in my life. Soapy water would not show any leaks on that tire, wheel or valve stem. And I squirted the heck out of it with that soapy water.

I have not had a leaky tire since that PR2 which had no apparent reason. Every tire I have had installed since that first PR2 have all held air without loosing any over night. Maybe after a week I might have to add air. Good luck, Tim