• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RIP Bruce Reed

dougt

Bruce Reed, longtime COG member, SC AD and AAD, passed away this morning at 4:51am after a series of heart attacks yesterday and throughout the night.

For those that don't know, Bruce was a diabetic.  I went on many a ride with him and he always told me where his insulin was in case something happened.

At Bruce's request, there will be no funeral.  Bruce decided to donate as much of his body as he could to science, so they will harvest as many good organs as possible.  Due to the diabetes, his kidneys were already shutting down and his doctors wanted to start dialysis, which as was typical Bruce, he refused.

Those that knew him, know that he was a gruff, tell it like is is guy, but he was always there for me if I needed anything.  He taught me so much about the Connie.  He will be missed.

That is sad news.  Ride on Bruce.  He was the first person I knew with handicap motorcycle plates.  I will see if I have any great stories but now I have to work :(

Sorry to hear about Bruce. :'(

He made many contributions to COG and shall be missed.

If anyone here has pictures and/or remembrances for the newsletter, please send it ASAP.

Ride free Bruce........ :engel016:

Craig