• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Riser wedges

bikerpipes

I have two inch risers I was wondering if the wedges that go under them seams to make any difference or are they a waste of money.

They are supposed to straighten your wrists so they are in line with your forearms. Didn't work for me. If you really want versatility, look at the Heli Bar Horizon. If you have money to burn!

Angus, the wedges go on top of the risers, not below them.
Reason being {if you put them below the risers} the resultant hole angle would be too steep for the bolts to properly line up.

NOTE: I tried the wedges myself and took them off after only 1 ride. Didn't like the angle of the bars.

Ride safe, Ted

Worked perfect for my riding position...have 2 inch risers and I also have the AST relocator plate.  And yes they go under the handle bar bracket not the risers ...

As ferris bueller said ...if u have the means, I highly recommend it...if I had an extra $700 laying around I'd get  the heli bar set up.  But I dont, so risers and wedges work for me...

I guess I'm a miracle of modern genetics... my bike has been fine as delivered when purchased in 2007.. prior to people selling "cures".

MAN OF BLUES said:
I guess I'm a miracle of modern genetics... my bike has been fine as delivered when purchased in 2007.. prior to people selling "cures".

You are just bent over naturally. And you like smashing the boys against the tank!  :D

They make a big difference. About 1 inch higher at the bars. Moved back toward the rider some. Changes the wrist angle(that goes without saying). Now, whether you like em or not, well......everybody different.