• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rivco or Murphs install question

Tour1

I put the OEM side fairings on and found the bottom bolt for the tip over bars had to be in place before securing the side fairings.  Mine are the Rivco - Murphs style and I couldn't get the bottom bolt on without freeing up the side fairing completely.
I was tempted to Dremel a slot into the mounting brackets. Maybe next time I will.
I figure if the slot faces down and forward it won't come out or break when used unless the bike is inverted and moving backwards.
Has anybody tried making a slot or seen one done?

Attachments

• Rivco-Murphs-TipBarMount.jpg
    Rivco-Murphs-TipBarMount.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 118