• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rode 3 Nice Bikes today

nickrides

I rode the 220 mile San Juan Skyway today with 3 friends on 3 different Bikes. My 2014 C-14 , a 2009 FJR and 2016 Kawasaki 1000 Ninja.
Got on all 3 bikes. All 3 are very nice! The 1000 Ninja Was surprising nice to ride. Ran them all up to 120+. If I was blindfolded I don't think I could tell the FJR and my Connie apart, except the FJR is a 5 speed. The Ninja had barbacks and lowered pegs which helped alot, and a aftermarket Much larger than stock windscreen.
The Ninja had the best suspension IMHO, really planted and super rock solid in the corners at speed. It's so light and nimble compared to the other 2 but I don't think I'd like it on a long day or multiday tour. It would be a great track bike.
All three had plenty of power and alot of fun!
Nick
2014 C-14

Rode three of my bikes the last three days. Temps mid 40's with some rain.
Wed, the HD VRSCR. This model of the VROD is very diff from other models. More ground clearance , 4 deg less fork rake. Ergos more liked a R6. Yes that means not forward foot controls. Not a s[ort bike, more like a standard.
Thurs, rode the Suz '03 SV1000N (naked bike) very sporty ergos that I will modify by raising bars and lowering pegs. Stock suspension was likely pretty good for that time period with front/rear fully adjustable.
Riding naked bikes this time of year you have to have a Strong desire to ride and then add rain.
Fri, rode the Triumph Trophy SE. The full fairing and windscreen was much appreciated.
2-3 hr rides each. Even is some rain better than no riding. Gerbing heated insoles, gloves and jacket adds temp comfort.

Last edited:
Nice set of rides.... I really enjoyed riding the first 2 years of V-rod...for the engine only. C-Clamp position sucked but that motor with aftermarket pipes was a hoot. Took one for a test ride and almost felt bad bringing it back with peg feelers ground down and a righteous drag mark on the right side of the radiator cowl The very next year they came out with your model that could actually explore the tire edges and motor's potential. SV1K is a fun ride too, wish it had upgraded suspension, my coworker has a 2005 SVS with Dale Walker Holeshot pipes, sounds so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Nice fleet!

Wish I could ride but we have a layer of snow that arrived today, meaning salt is coming out on the roads.

I winterized and stored my 4 bikes a couple weeks ago, always a sad end to each riding season in the North (Michigan).

We are left with eagerly looking forward to March or April to pull them out of mothballs and ride once again.