• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rostra; Dip Switch Settings

hisport

Bicycle
Is there a consensus on the correct Rostra cruise control dip switch settings for the C14?

I've read (I think) all the old forum threads (which generally no longer have working pics). There seem to be a number of recommended (then in some cases, changed) switch settings. And, the Fred Harmon schematic has yet another set.

Love to know what works best. My (Rostra actuator as installed) is tough to get to, so experimenting with various combinations is not v practical

Thanks!

HiSport said:
Is there a consensus on the correct Rostra cruise control dip switch settings for the C14?

I've read (I think) all the old forum threads (which generally no longer have working pics). There seem to be a number of recommended (then in some cases, changed) switch settings. And, the Fred Harmon schematic has yet another set.

Love to know what works best. My (Rostra actuator as installed) is tough to get to, so experimenting with various combinations is not v practical

Thanks!

there are a number of install instructions various members have shared, and Murph is kind enough to post links to them all, on his site... might want to read them all for the Rostra...
here;

https://www.murphskits.com/kb.php

Thanks, MOB. Yeah, I've read the two Rostra links on Murph's site. Brian Felice's is the only one with dip switch settings (the other Rostra link is pretty slim)

Discussion on this forum about the PID loop gain setting (differing from Felice setting). And, Fred Harmon's differs with VSS signal input setting (sq wave vs sine wave). Felice (excellent post) does mention in preface that his install didn't function as well as it could.

Anyhow, all this info is pretty old. I wondered if the dipswitch settings had evolved into a consensus

I put a CCS 100 cruise control into a 3.3L westfalia a couple of years ago and spent (wasted?) a lot of time getting the dip switch combo sorted (and the switches were easy to get to)

HiSport said:
Thanks, MOB. Yeah, I've read the two Rostra links on Murph's site. Brian Felice's is the only one with dip switch settings (the other Rostra link is pretty slim)

Discussion on this forum about the PID loop gain setting (differing from Felice setting). And, Fred Harmon's differs with VSS signal input setting (sq wave vs sine wave). Felice (excellent post) does mention in preface that his install didn't function as well as it could.

Anyhow, all this info is pretty old. I wondered if the dipswitch settings had evolved into a consensus

I put a CCS 100 cruise control into a 3.3L westfalia a couple of years ago and spent (wasted?) a lot of time getting the dip switch combo sorted (and the switches were easy to get to)
on both my hayabusa and concours 14, I run the following:
1-down
2-up
3-down
4-down
5-up
6-up
7-up
8-down
9-down
10-up
11-down
12-down

Many thanks, Freddy and Mabupa!

I found Harmon's (excellent) schematic in an old issue of Concourier, but now see that it has been revised (particularly to include a second relay for the Rostra "engaged light" switch pad). Funny, because I've been going in circles trying to decipher all the old forum threads referencing two relays. Harmon's earlier, published schematic does show an LED engaged light circuit, but no second relay. I am using an old Audiovox CCS100 switch pad left over from another old project...believe it is the "standard" grey switch pad

I have set dip switches to the old Harmon schematic; will confirm whether same as new schematic. I'll report here...

(In searching through the old forum threads trying to sort things out, I saw many pages of argument about whether a simple throttle lock would suffice. My opinion is NO, for the C14, though maybe yes on older, lower powered bikes. Works fine on my old Moto Guzzi, and sorta' OK on BMW 650)