• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rostra install and valve service-Thanks Matt!

ujmryder

Hey all,

I just wanted to make a post about using my Rostra cruise control on my trip to Barber. The cruise control worked extremely well. Started out in some rain and just for piece of mind I just tossed a sandwich baggie and a rubber band over the control module. Somewhat ghetto but it worked fine. I will occasionally have some numbness in the hands but I was fine this trip. I'm sure if I was having the issue the cruise would be a godsend but what really made it awesome was being able to maintain a steady speed. I kind of suck at that and my speed tends to creep up a bit over time if slabbing it. I think it really helps the other riders behind me as well. Small bumps in speed were nice to have and being able to decrease the speed was nice as well. Took a bit of practice to get smoother results and had to get used to a slight delay in setting speed but once you did a few times you knew what to expect. Really a fantastic addition to the bike!

That being said it would not have been possible to have this (i.e. I do not have the skills) without our very own Mattchewn1! Matt was good enough to take on the cruise install as well as a valve adjustment and coolant change as well. Matt was awesome to work with and let me know the status of the work with words and pics. Oh yeah, he fixed a couple of other issues while he was doing the work. Great work and great craftsmanship not to mention a damn good price.

Oh yeah, the Britten was even cooler in person!

Attachments

• britten.jpg
    britten.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 100
Matt does great work. Rode my 2010 from Boston to his house in Maryland (940miles roundtrip) a little more than a year ago to have the valves adj, sync the throttle bodies and link my front TPMS to KIPASS. Matt had all the valve shims, gaskets and the MOB cam sensor o-ring, the OEM was leaking on my bike. As soon as he started the bike up after doing all the work I could tell it was running smoother, and I thought it was running pretty good before the work...only had 27K when I brought it to him. The bike just purred, ran so smooth all the way home and still does of course.