• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ROX bar risers

Someone posted a pic of them on a Connie a week or so ago. You'll need adapters to tubular bars: Concours Handle Bar Adapters and IIRC he had to use risers under them so the Rox risers would clear the top triple, then of course you'll need a set of regular 7/8" tubular bars. You might also need long brake and clutch lines if you choose bars that raise the handgrip position.

Yes, they will. As WillyP said, you'll need tubular bars and an adapter. I'm using them with a KB bar adapter and EMGO Daytona Touring bars. I had to replace the brake hoses but I was going to a two line setup anyway. I was able to reroute everything else to get enough slack. I ran the throttle cables on the right side of the frame rather than the left. The enrichener cable was a little trickier, but it works OK.

John, if you look at the tips and modification articals highlighted at the top of the accessories threads you will see my set up on page 3 of the killing the buzz artical. These are Storz (similar to the ones Murph sells) with the Rox anti-vibration risers in 7/8 configuration. These are certainly more exspensive than the standard risers but will do wonders for reducing the buzz associated with our bikes. I have two c10's, one with the Rox set up and one without. The difference is night and day. You will not regret spending the extra money for the isolator style risers. Steve in Sunny Florida was working on a one piece set up that accomplishes the same thing. His assesment is similar to mine on the effects of rubber mounted bars. I could not live without the set up on mine, or at least be able to extend the ride time that these allow me to enjoy now. Carpal is a bear.

Amazon has the Rox anti vibration riser listed by one seller at 113.95 with free shipping. That 41 and some change off of retail and less than what I paid for mine. Figures.

AirMonger said:
John, if you look at the tips and modification articals highlighted at the top of the accessories threads you will see my set up on page 3 of the killing the buzz artical. These are Storz (similar to the ones Murph sells) with the Rox anti-vibration risers in 7/8 configuration. These are certainly more exspensive than the standard risers but will do wonders for reducing the buzz associated with our bikes. I have two c10's, one with the Rox set up and one without. The difference is night and day. You will not regret spending the extra money for the isolator style risers. Steve in Sunny Florida was working on a one piece set up that accomplishes the same thing. His assesment is similar to mine on the effects of rubber mounted bars. I could not live without the set up on mine, or at least be able to extend the ride time that these allow me to enjoy now. Carpal is a bear.
Airmonger, I just came across this and tried to locate the page you referred to, but couldn't locate it. Can you redirect me?

John

John, sorry been off line for awhile. The Rox risers are available directly from Roxanne. I haven't paid a lot of attention to this matter since setting mine up. Still happy with them. My 87 Honda nighthawk S bars are the bomb combined with the antivibration risers. I will look around and see if I can find the link.

When the project was under development.

Attachments

• Rox Risers 2.jpg
    Rox Risers 2.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 172
  • Rox Risers 3.jpg
    Rox Risers 3.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 165
As an added note: I removed approximately 1/2 inch from the center of the Nighthawk S bars for my personal preference.

I've been using Rox anti-vib risers on mine for a couple of years.  I started with the regular rox risers but still had too much vibration for my liking.  I picked up a pair of helibars and am going to mount them on the rox risers over the winter.

I have a newer set of Rox anti-vibs on another bike and it does seem the rubber gets hard with age.  It's not a problem yet but I may have to call them and see if the rubber inserts can be bought separately to refresh my older ones.

Keep us informed if the rubber is available separately. I have had my set up for three or so years as well. Want to put a inverted fork on the bike next and that is the beauty of the Storz set up. Should be able to transfer it all over to the new set up.