• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE-BBQ chicken in Rockton, Wisconsin

ZG/ZN Kim

Hey fellow NC Coggers, another RTE in Wisconsin? Yes, when Jeff asked me to be a AAD, the intention was to have more events, so if people wanted to participate they would at least have the opportunity.
So I have been rolling out the events, it is up to you to participate.
This RTE(Ride Then Eat), we will meet just west of Madison in the AM, and ride some very good roads over to Rockton. The meet up location is at the Kwik Trip located on Mineral Point Road/Pioneer Road. See the COG event calendar for the address.
This is a SUNDAY ride, hopefully we will meet up with fellow Coggers from MN or IA, cause I heard they like chicken too.

connie_rider said:
Hope you have a good turn out!!
To danged hot/humid down here for a RTE now..

Ride safe, Ted

You are kind of in a "proverbial winter". Winter like us, but just the opposite in temperature. We are supposed to have our first 90 deg day tomorrow(6/29).
You like chicken, get out of your comfort zone and come on up! August 25th gives you plenty of time to plan your trip.

I've never been....drove past the bar many a time even stopped once but never eaten  their Chicken.  Heard nothing but positive about it from many others.  Looking forward to the event Kim!

OK, who is in for some riding, and some finger lickin' good chicken? I will ride up to Rockton and check things out, and post any additional chicken , sorry, information

OK, chicken will be served on Sunday 8/25, chicken is usually ready 12:30 PM +/-. Cost is $10.25, includes 2 sides(beans and mac salad). Their normal menu is another option if you are not a chicken fan. Our ETA will be 12:30 to 1:00.

OK, they did say that I should call ahead with reservations, because they have run out of chicken more than once. So please register or PM me.

I will be riding up the Kwik Trip meetup location on County S, this week, to see how the construction is coming along. Will post a update then.

Have to be honest; I didn't realize that Coopers even does Chicken?
  ie; I eat beef when I go to a BBQ place..

Ride safe, Ted

I did my pre-ride the other day. Mineral Point Road/County S is still under construction, you will need to ride around the signs, no big deal.
My route will take us through Dane, Iowa, Richland and Vernon counties. Stops at the Old Mill Dam and Boaz. Approximately 130 miles. I will be solo on the C14.
Weather looks good, looking forward to a nice ride and some good chicken.
I will phone in the reservations on Saturday.
Ride safe

6 chicken dinners have been reserved under the name Kim Neises. I and a couple/maybe 3 other will arrive 12:30-12:45. A couple of you are riding straight to Rockton, if you cannot stand it any longer get a chicken dinner using Kim Neises, sorry you will still have to pay for it.
See you there. Everybody have a safe ride.

Kim

You know what COG is all about? It is about today, a good ride to eat chicken. Rode with the Wojik brothers, good guys, and a newby to me;Marcos.
I stopped after a real twisty/up/down road(county X Western Richland County), to see how everyone was doing. Marcos's smile filled his full face helmet, it told the whole story, even though he did admit later to a couple pucker moments. :-\

Got to break bread with Mike, but only had a chance to speak briefly to Cary, who took a wrong turn somewhere in Central-Wisconsin

Thanks to everyone who participated.