• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE North Central Area SE Missouri. Poplar Bluff

DaddyFlip said:
What day? What's good to eat there? It's just over 5 hours for me.

Any day
Don't know more interested in getting some people together for a ride than what's to eat
5 hours would be a long ride for RTE, suggest some place closer?
:beerchug:

Robby1953 said:
DaddyFlip said:

Any day
Don't know more interested in getting some people together for a ride than what's to eat

Well, NOOOO! You said it's a Ride to EAT not a Ride to RIDE  :nananana: I've ridden 9 hours just to eat before.

DaddyFlip said:
Robby1953 said:
DaddyFlip said:

Any day

Well, NOOOO! You said it's a Ride to EAT not a Ride to RIDE  :nananana: I've ridden 9 hours just to eat before.

Okayyy, I didn't realize your level of commitment to good eats, GPink suggested Mammoth Springs AR. What da ya think of that one?
:)

Well, just setup something that is good for YOU and see who joins. Also, you could use the COGMOS tool if you wanted to make it a little more official. If it is truly a ride to eat, then i guess you need a location and a general time to be there for those who would come primarily for the food and hanging out. That's an RTE to me anyway. If it's an informal get together for a ride, then that is different... to my mind anyway.

okay, I'm new at trying to set something up. I'll pick a day try to find good eatery and post up. Thanks for the help to G Pink, Daddy, and Cliff.

Depending on the date... I'd be interested in meeting up, either Poplar Bluff or Mammoth Spring works for me!

Been away from site for a bit, i'm mostly retired now so any date works for me.  Somebody make a suggestion of date ?  :)

djdehne said:
Depending on the date... I'd be interested in meeting up, either Poplar Bluff or Mammoth Spring works for me!

Have you looked to see what route you would take to Mammoth Springs. Maybe GPink and I could meet you part way.

I hadn't really looked at it, my daughter lives down in Dexter so I make the trip pretty regular. I usually just wind up running down 67, although that's usually because I'm in a hurry to get down there to see my grandson... :)

djdehne said:
I hadn't really looked at it, my daughter lives down in Dexter so I make the trip pretty regular. I usually just wind up running down 67, although that's usually because I'm in a hurry to get down there to see my grandson... :)

I hear that; my dad is 3hours one way if i burn the slab, makes a full day just for a couple hour visit as i always like to get home before dusk due to the large deer population in this area.

So it just occurred to me, technically AR is in the South Central region, not that it really matters, I guess...  :-\