• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Wings and Wheels

I've ridden over several times to East Wenatchee to check out an event of old cars. I go over on saturday on October 1st, usually I get nice weather. Dan P and I are meeting at the Pancake House at Snoqualmie pass at 9am to eat and ride at 10. The plan is to run over Blewett to Wenatchee and check out the cars, vendors, junk food and do a off season ride without as much pesky waving at the summer only riders. Return via Stevens or Snoqualmie as which is more convenient to your house.

Probably too late in the year to make it a really long ride and return via 410.  I'll have to settle for Blewitt/Snoqualmie in reverse.

Charlie,
Yeah coming back late over Chinook is nerve wracking with the forest rats.
I 'm with you that return route  ;)

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Probably too late in the year to make it a really long ride and return via 410.  I'll have to settle for Blewitt/Snoqualmie in reverse.

It's off season on traffic even if the weather holds. Let's say we arive at noon and hang around for 2 hours we could start the way back and have time to take backroads or head downriver and then do Chinook. I would do Stevens and some sideroads, or try a recommended bbq spot in Cashmere. This would be saturday, not sunday. Post it when the details are worked out.

motovetro said:
It's off season on traffic even if the weather holds. Let's say we arive at noon and hang around for 2 hours we could start the way back and have time to take backroads or head downriver and then do Chinook. I would do Stevens and some sideroads, or try a recommended bbq spot in Cashmere. This would be saturday, not sunday. Post it when the details are worked out.

I'm all for it.  Do you want me to post it on the calendar when it's all sorted out, or do you have an in to do that?

Go ahead and post it, could be weather dependant on which day, but have had good luck with it. Saturday as it stands now. The MC Show will be at the same location as last year, I have not personally confirmed it yet. As for a Resurrected Resolution Run on New Years, I haven't decided. I'll see what others are doing and may do a tag-a-along. Suggestions and new planning thread maybe.

Here's a link to the calendar.  I couldn't get the form to put you down as the event leader.  I gotta see if I can fix that.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=152176&mo=10&tDate={d%20%272011-10-13%27}

Looks okay except note my return will be Stevens, others may do Snoqualmie if convenient. I can find my way either route. Iwill throw in some side roads to keep a little interesting. Ramble on Dan.

Charlie, Chinook will not be closed until late Oct. I've closed the pass twice a few years ago with both feet working as skids.

Roland, sorry to miss another ride. I'll be in Southern Oregon celebrating a Granddaughters 3rd Birthday.

Pignut said:
Charlie, Chinook will not be closed until late Oct. I've closed the pass twice a few years ago with both feet working as skids.

Don't you just love that last ride of the year in certain spots?  :-\

I just replaced the star springs in my clutch, so I should be good to go.  One looked intact but was cracked through in one place, and the other one was in five pieces.

See you there, it's getting close to that time of year that runs over the pass is rare. Considering breakfast or Mt. Baker sunday depending on the weather.

Good job Charlie (belated)
I was not aware that the post 93's had a possible star spring weakness.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
I just replaced the star springs in my clutch, so I should be good to go.  One looked intact but was cracked through in one place, and the other one was in five pieces.