• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Russellville Arkansas Ride April 19-21

wolfenstein

After talking to some SC members on our last lunch ride that showed some interest in making this Arkansas ride. Most said there were not going to be able to make the Texas rides on the calendar so I figured I would do this for April 19-21, 2013  I will be staying at the Best Western. 2326 N. Arkansas Ave Russellville AR 72802. I was able to get a small discount on rooms. They will hold 4 king single rooms for $59 and 5 - 2 bed queen rooms for $62 until March 31st.. If you call to reserve just tell them you are with the Concours Owners Group. Best Western 479-967-1000 . There is a Motel 6 just over the I-40 overpass from the Best Western with rooms starting at $37.99. Motel 6. I-40 At SR # 7, 215 West Birch St Russellville, AR 479-968-3666. If you want to camp Lake Dardanelle state Park is close by. Camping is $19-$30. http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakedardanelle/  If anyone wants to ride a route with me I will meet with the group in front of the Best Western at 8 AM Saturday morning and we should depart at 8:30 AM for a day ride with lunch around noon. Place TBD. If you are not interested in a group ride there are many great roads to explore in the area. I would like to have a get together Saturday night at 7 PM at Colton's Steak House next to the Best Western. Please RSVP if you want to eat with the group. I will call and get a reservation once I get a head count. Looking forward to seeing you there and to riding some of the great twisty roads of Arkansas.    >:D

I sure hate to miss a ride in my on backyard, but I'll be at the RWTW rally in GA. Would love to meet some more s/c guy's, Oh well maybe next time!
Stay north of I-40 the riding is much better there.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Cliff RWTW is a great event and the area riding is about as good as your own back yard.  Enjoy

smithr1 said:
Cliff RWTW is a great event and the area riding is about as good as your own back yard.  Enjoy
Yes, but it still sucks to miss a COG event 50 miles from home!

Cliff  :beerchug:

I would have liked to have made the Moto GP meet in Austin but time, and cost restrains got in the way of that. I haven't done the April Arkansas ride in some time and I am looking forward to riding in that area again. Have a great time in Austin watching the best riders in the world..  :motonoises:

RWTW rally in GA. I haven't been there in a loooooggg time.But with the time I have I wouldn't be able to make that one. That is a great event with some great riding.  ;)

If you plan on making the ride please register. If you are not sure how here it is. On the COG forum click on the COG upper left corner of that page. Go to member area on the next page that comes up.. You will have to log in again. Once that is done go to the April Calendar and click on the Russellville ride to register. Thanks. Brian  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Just got the OK for a weekend away.  Russellville is close to home.  If anyone is riding up on Friday, I would be happy to meet up with you in southern/western AR. for therun in to Russellville.  Will plan to be there for supper Sat. nite.

Jim Leach

My wife and I live in Mountain Home and will be there Friday night and would love to ride Saturday.  We'll  be there for dinner Saturday night. Looking forward to it.

Bruce White

Good chance I'll make this run. Would be leaving out of Okc, Ok on Friday morning if anyone wants to run over there with me.

It looks like I'm going to be heading over from Nashville on Friday.  If anyone wants to meet up and ride together, let me know.

We are a for sure.  Me and gf will be slabbing it over to AR after work on Friday, should be there around 9pm ish.

It depends on how much time you have. I like the ride over Mt Magazine on AR 309 and then swing back to Russellville on 27. You would leave I 40 on 64 that becomes 22 in AR and go to Paris AR and then a right on 309. The ride over Mt. Magazine is nice.

Bruce

I have all day Saturday to ride.  Mt Magazine is the Pig Trail right?........ Heavily patrolled?  I really like Push Mountain NORTH SIDE, and  123 is really fun, but wears me out when I ride it two up on the C14 at any kind of pace.

We are exited to met some C14 owners and really pumped about another trip to Ar.

We live a few miles from Push  Mtn road so we ride it all the time.  Mt Magazine is south of I 40 and the tallest peak between the Appalachian's and the Rockies.  The ride up and over is beautiful and dumps you out south of Russellville. The Pig trail Is north of I 40.  Have fun!

I can not make the event but wanted to mention that a route that has Push Mt. , Mt. Magazine and the pig trail all on it will be an all day ride.  Some of the roads between also may end up being your favorite.  Shoot try to toss in 123 upper and lower and be in heaven.

Some route details would be good for Saturday.  I'd like to ride the first half or so of the day, and then I'm going to have to start making my way to Hot Springs.  If the route is going to be all north of Russellville, that might mean I need to rethink my Sat plans.

Also, anyone going to be getting together for supper Friday night?

We will miss out on dinner and might miss out on the trip all together.....work might not let me leave at 4pm, and if that's the case, we will have to skip this trip altogether.  If I can get off work in time we will be there around 11pm ish......I HATE WORK!!

Just wanted to thank Brian for a great weekend of riding and the company wasn't bad either. Here's a pic of some of the guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 116
I second the thanks to Brian for hosting the weekend.  He ordered up ideal weather and Russellville is a great starting point for riding in Arkansas.  The riding and company were both great.