• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RWTW 2018 Registration is Now Open

COGnosticator

The 24th annual Run with the Wolf Rally will be held September 6th through 9th at TWoS in Suches GA.

As soon as I can tie down some cost I will get this on the calendar, so fear not, it will be held again this year  :beerchug:

All bunkhouses and lodge rooms have been reserved but you can call TWoS and get on a waiting list if you want.  If you are not a camper, there are other places close by for lodging. Wildcat Lodge is 6 miles north of Suches and High Valley is 1 mile east on Hwy 180.

Registration is now open  :beerchug:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=250332&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D09%2D09%27%7D

Hey, let's hold off on the hurricanes this time! Looking forward to the wolf this year. Had a great time meeting everyone at the track last weekend. Didn't get to ride the Spyder on the track, but the wolf is another story . I'm in.  :motonoises:

The 1st RWTW I attended was held in the spring at Wildcat. It was cold, wet & extremely windy.  :'(  Haven't missed one since & don't plan to start now.

See y'all there!  :motonoises:

Cliff  :beerchug:

I just called Jenny and all of the cabins and bunk house rooms are already taken.  :mad: But, she told me that someone who has a cabin is looking for a loft room if one opens up. Whoever you may be, if you are the only one in the cabin, I could split the cost for the cabin if you want.  >:D I don't snore, well at least not like Roman. I don't think anyone snores like Roman.  :rotflmao: I'm a non smoker if that helps and enjoy the campfire like the rest of you. I can camp if this doesn't work out, it's just that the cabins are much more comfortable. Let me know if any of you are looking for a cabin mate.

Always Young said:
I just called Jenny and all of the cabins and bunk house rooms are already taken

She just called me and I am going to start a room to share at the wolf rally topic so maybe you will find someone.

Ken said:
Just registered for this year. Will there be Tee shirts again this year? Will be there anyway just asking.

At this moment we aren't sure, so stay tuned......Great to have you  :great:

SteveJ. said:
In for the first leg of the September COG Trifecta.

Remind me again what the Trifecta is. I know its the RWTW, Something in Arkansa and Spider? I'm heading west in August, but will try and make the RWTW or RWTW and do the Trifecta.

Rico said:
SteveJ. said:

Remind me again what the Trifecta is. I know its the RWTW, Something in Arkansa and Spider? I'm heading west in August, but will try and make the RWTW or RWTW and do the Trifecta.

RWTW, weekend after Labor Day, Spider in Mo the next weekend, followed by the Arkansas at I think it's called Jack's Fish Camp near Mountain View, AR

SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
SteveJ. said:

RWTW, weekend after Labor Day, Spider in Mo the next weekend, followed by the Arkansas at I think it's called Jack's Fish Camp near Mountain View, AR

Would love to Join, but promised I would go see my cousins In Albuquerque and Estes Park. So I figured with the temps, I better do it in August. Maybe hit Yellowstone and Badlands too. Hope to see you all at RWTW tho!

Rico said:
SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
SteveJ. said:

Would love to Join, but promised I would go see my cousins In Albuquerque and Estes Park. So I figured with the temps, I better do it in August. Maybe hit Yellowstone and Badlands too. Hope to see you all at RWTW tho!
Agreed. I'll be somewhere out west until mid August.

Iff'n you want, PM me your phone number.  I'll shoot you mine shortly via PM

Just saw a FB post from TWoS that Hwy 60 has been paved from the Rock Pile to Woody Gap. So all those tar snakes be gone!!

MotoCommuter said:
Just saw a FB post from TWoS that Hwy 60 has been paved from the Rock Pile to Woody Gap. So all those tar snakes be gone!!

Just saw that too a few minutes ago.  About time and can't wait to try it out

I already planned to play hooky tomorrow.  I'll give you a report. (That's about 35 miles from me...)  :nananana:  :motonoises:

ron203 said:
I already planned to play hooky tomorrow.  I'll give you a report. (That's about 35 miles from me...)  :nananana:  :motonoises:

I hate you    :D  It must be nice, 35 miles from my house  is straight roads with farm land all around.  Elevation is 35'  :mad:

COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:

I hate you    :D  It must be nice, 35 miles from my house  is straight roads with farm land all around.  Elevevation is 35'  :mad:

No alligators around here either...  :))

OK. Promised update:

Personal inspection ride of Hwy 60 from the rockpile (a/k/a Tralyta's Grave) to Two Wheels of Suches. New pavement from the rockpile to trail crossing pull off where the road breaks down at the county line. They're putting in new culverts and are still working on the last couple of miles at the top, so if you go that way be careful. They had one lane closed today. The pavement quality is very good. I saw one bump about the size  of a fist in the  northbound lane and there was one minor dip where a culvert apparently had sagged. I saw 2 motorcycles and 2 bicycles in that whole (new) lower stretch around noon today.GREAT riding except you still can't see around the curves.

In case you're wondering (Jerry) the  roads all the way to Blairesville and over to Clayton were nearly deserted, but lots of cars from Blairsville to Hiawassee.

I DID see  two sport bikes just about rear end a farm tractor and trailer between Wildcat Lodge and the Fish Hatchery and one Harley was across in my lane about the same place. 

Two Wheels of Suches is on their summer (March - November) schedule which means no breakfast or lunch on Friday or dinner on Sunday. 

Thanks for the update.  I plan on being there the Wed of the Cumberland rally and go up there on Thursday.  Reid and Kenny should be along also.

Sure thing. I had the best Western omelet I've ever had at Hole in the Wall in Blairsville for lunch. If you haven't eaten breakfast there, make it a point to do so. See you in Tennessee!

ron203 said:
Sure thing. I had the best Western omelet I've ever had at Hole in the Wall in Blairsville for lunch. If you haven't eaten breakfast there, make it a point to do so. See you in Tennessee!

I have eaten there on a few occasions for a COG gathering.  Great place to eat  See you in  a couple of weeks :great:

Rode 60 yesterday.  Great ride.  Stopped in at TWOS for a rest and food.  What ever you get there will be great.  But what ever you order be sure to get their onion rings, they are the best.  I know it has been reopened for a while. The new owner has been very good for the place. Scouted out for and picked my tent site lol.
It was crowded yesterday.  Several riding groups there and more scheduled through the rest of the riding season. Plus ours scheduled days.
Ride safe.  See yall there.

If I missed it, any info on tee shirts? Will there be any?

Hey knuckleheads, I'm on Cape Cod again until the end of October, but since the rally has a big piece of me in it, I'd sure like to make it. I'd fly home to get the bike and ride up. It will be a tight schedule with little gear, so I'll need a place to sleep (I love you Roman, but no ). If something opens up, please text me and I'll get back to you. Usually up with the late crowd, by the time I turn in I can sleep on any surface or condition. Too busy fishing for strippers to frequent the COG site, so if anything turns up, please let me know.
                                                  GESTURE
                      Three five two 201 6189 :-* :-* :-*

Hmmmm. IronButtAl. That name rings a bell. Is he the guy that used to be really active with us, then, one day he just VANISHED? Didn't say goodbye, KMA or anything, just disappeared?  Are we sure this is him or has someone hacked his account? ::)

IronButtAl said:
Hey knuckleheads, I'm on Cape Cod again until the end of October, but since the rally has a big piece of me in it, I'd sure like to make it. I'd fly home to get the bike and ride up. It will be a tight schedule with little gear, so I'll need a place to sleep (I love you Roman, but no ). If something opens up, please text me and I'll get back to you. Usually up with the late crowd, by the time I turn in I can sleep on any surface or condition. Too busy fishing for strippers to frequent the COG site, so if anything turns up, please let me know.
                                                  GESTURE

I might have extra gear, tent, sleeping bag and pad. If interested, let me know when your heading up. I'll be up there either Wednesday evening or by Thursday. I could possibly drop it off the weekend before as well. i also might be bringing gear for Cliff and Jimmie, so adding a little more won't be an issue.

Hi Al
  I have tent etc that you could use, but you'll have to swing by the house and pick it up.
      {I live in Houston}....  :13:
    NOTE: The little guy is holding up the wrong fingers... <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Ranger Jim said:
Hmmmm. IronButtAl. That name rings a bell. Is he the guy that used to be really active with us, then, one day he just VANISHED? Didn't say goodbye, KMA or anything, just disappeared?  Are we sure this is him or has someone hacked his account? ::)

He does exist. I saw him at Cliff's.

On TDY near Sisters OR.

im in , paid up and everything, about time i got to riding instead of limping.  cant wait to see everyone.

I may make this. I was going to stay in Wisconsin until October, but since I'm going to Bushnell FL to open the Escapees SmartWeigh scale at Sumter Oaks RV on the 20th of September, a stop at Twos would be just about right. I'd still need to kill a week or so afterward.

Gypsy JR said:
I may make this. I was going to stay in Wisconsin until October, but since I'm going to Bushnell FL to open the Escapees SmartWeigh scale at Sumter Oaks RV on the 20th of September, a stop at Twos would be just about right. I'd still need to kill a week or so afterward.

There are worse places than No Ga/West Carolinas to kill a week.

On TDY near Greenville CA, next stop near Tahoe.

IronButtAl said:
                                                  GESTURE

registered, really looking forward to it.  it would be great to see ya Al.

IronButtAl said:
                                                  GESTURE

NO??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
I am very disappointed.  :'( :'( :'(
Actually I am preparing a brand new and improved SNORING  performance!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Alrighty then, here comes another Floridjit. No ^$#@$@ hurricanes or other ride-cancelling BS this year!  :motonoises: :great:

I'm in. And like Paulie said, let's not order up any of the windy stuff this year and screw up the riding calendar again.

MotoCommuter said:
Ya know, it was kind of nice last year, hurricane cleared out a bunch of the riff raff. 😎

Feelin' the love Kurt....  Feelin' the love...  :19:

IronButtAl said:
                                                  GESTURE

:great: :great: :) :) :) :bravo_2: :1rij: :cheer: :campfire: :-*

Mcfly said:
IronButtAl said:
[Snip]Too busy fishing for strippers to frequent the COG site [/snip]

:hee20hee20hee:      :dance:      :57:

Need to do a COG rally in Cape Cod to fish for some "strippers". Didn't know you could fish for them, but I'm sure a pole is involved as well.

Don't hold your breath on Al being at RWTW, I checked with him on his request for camping gear and he said he was staying up north until November.

MotoCommuter said:
Mcfly said:
IronButtAl said:

Need to do a COG rally in Cape Cod to fish for some "strippers". Didn't know you could fish for them, but I'm sure a pole is involved as well.

Don't hold your breath on Al being at RWTW, I checked with him on his request for camping gear and he said he was staying up north until November.

You CAN fish for them, but it involves dollar bills and no hook. I read about it.

worncog said:
MotoCommuter said:
Mcfly said:
IronButtAl said:

You CAN fish for them, but it involves dollar bills and no hook. I read about it.

I'll have to take your word on the "dollar bills and no hook" as I am not familiar with this type of thing.

MotoCommuter said:
worncog said:
MotoCommuter said:
Mcfly said:
IronButtAl said:

I'll have to take your word on the "dollar bills and no hook" as I am not familiar with this type of thing.

I have seen this first hand.  You'll go through a lot of bait...  Usually
end up with a worm in your hand.  :-\

MotoCommuter said:
Mcfly said:
IronButtAl said:

Well hell I have a  nice pole for this type of fishing. When will this Riiidddeee  take place 'asking for a friend' :-\ :beerchug:

As of this moment we have 60 people signed up.  This Friday, August 24th I have to give TWoS a headcount for the Saturday meal so they can have enough food for us.

If you are on the fence go ahead and sign up if you can. After Friday I can't guarantee a spot for you on Saturday  :(

We have a unique gift for the first 100 to sign up, thanks to Ron Simmons  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
As of this moment we have 60 people signed up.  This Friday, August 24th I have to give TWoS a headcount for the Saturday meal so they can have enough food for us.

If you are on the fence go ahead and sign up if you can. After Friday I can't guarantee a spot for you on Saturday  :(

We have a unique gift for the first 100 to sign up, thanks to Ron Simmons  :beerchug:

I'm not sure if Jorge and I have signed up for Saturday but mark the both of us.  Thanks.

Irene

funsize said:
COGnosticator said:

I'm not sure if Jorge and I have signed up for Saturday but mark the both of us.  Thanks.

Irene

Will do  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:

Hi Jerry, please add one more for the Saturday dinner,  Thanks  Greg T.

:'(
Sorry folks. Best pack your raingear.
No...the REAL raingear.
And life rafts.
Call Noah and let him know he's on call that weekend, too.

Unless something really stupid happens that keeps me home, y'all can plan on a repeat of RWTW 200X and 20XX songfests and tropical depression style 'moisture'.
Again, sorry. I'll apologize in advance.
LOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOL
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And count one more for both Friday's dinner and Saturday's breakfast.
Fire in the evening...uh....um...yeah, bring lots of gasoline and magnesium, you're gonna need it.
(fire....yeah....riiiiiight!)

Notice the 'AREA' block on the left :-\...
....I AM home.

Victor Salisbury said:
Ohhhhh, noooooooo  :-[ :-[ :-[ :truce: :truce:

:nananana:
:rotflmao:

Stay home    :nananana: :nananana:  :))

i just got blown out of the wolf,  It was decided that I have OSHA training the 6th and 7th. and the following thursday-friday as well so that puts me out of the spider ride also. FML.

Max said:
i just got blown out of the wolf,  It was decided that I have OSHA training the 6th and 7th. and the following thursday-friday as well so that puts me out of the spider ride also. FML.

Did you tell them how you cant miss the Wolf.  Tell them to set up a webinar and promise them you will get 4 others to watch it with you. I just did mine last Thursday but I will do it again with you :beerchug:

millerized said:
:'(
Sorry folks. Best pack your raingear.
No...the REAL raingear.
And life rafts.
Call Noah and let him know he's on call that weekend, too.

Unless something really stupid happens that keeps me home, y'all can plan on a repeat of RWTW 200X and 20XX songfests and tropical depression style 'moisture'.
Again, sorry. I'll apologize in advance.
LOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOL
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And count one more for both Friday's dinner and Saturday's breakfast.
Fire in the evening...uh....um...yeah, bring lots of gasoline and magnesium, you're gonna need it.
(fire....yeah....riiiiiight!)

Well, MOB won't be there (will he?), so it won't be as bad. Maybe...I hope...  :??:

OMG! I should've read this entire thread before I signed up. Last I was was Miller was just thinking about coming. :c002:  Guess I'll pack my entrenching tool. :truce:

Got something for ya Jim....you pick which one:
LS-51-LL-2T.jpg

or
ETA-XDBC-60-SP-2T.jpg

Or would you prefer to just use the wing to put in more furrows?
(and Eddie....Richie wasn't there the last time I came down...and it Rained. All. 5. Days. I. Was. There.
Just something to think about.

Ranger Jim said:
OMG! I should've read this entire thread before I signed up. Last I was was Miller was just thinking about coming. :c002:  Guess I'll pack my entrenching tool. :truce:

Attachments

• LS-51-LL-2T.jpg
    LS-51-LL-2T.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ETA-XDBC-48-2T.jpg
    ETA-XDBC-48-2T.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 99
HA! Not bringing the 'Wing so no furrows . :p  Besides, that supposed event never happened as there are no pictures! :-X

Let's start a Go Fund Me page to keep Miller away  :rotflmao:

Last time MOB was at a RWTW, we stayed in the house on the hill, same time Jim allegedley buried his Wind to he wing nuts  :D in the field. But alas no pictures, anyway, it rained so damn hard I didn't think it would stop.

Maybe I should rethink this and trailer the bike behind the Roadtrek. Or just leave the bike at home.  :'(  :beerchug:

Just Incase you missed the posting in the other thread, but the Friday night dinner will not be happening. TWOS restaurant will be open for your eating pleasure.

TCARS

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
MotoCommuter said:
Just Incase you missed the posting in the other thread, but the Friday night dinner will not be happening. TWOS restaurant will be open for your eating pleasure.

TCARS

I'm a bit simple..  We will not be having Friday dinner yet we can have dinner at the restaurant  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kurt was planning a cookout with some leftovers from the Spring rally, but that won't be happening now. Dinner is ON at the restaurant. :) 

SteveJ. said:
Maybe I should rethink this and trailer the bike behind the Roadtrek. Or just leave the bike at home.  :'(  :beerchug:

Twisty mountain roads must be awesome in the Roadtrek.    :pokestick:

Just registered
Been away to long from all my COG buddies.
Work, life, family and injuries have taken there toll.
Getting over broken collar bone and 14 cracked ribs.
Wouldn't be 100% but at our age who is.

SandShark said:
Just registered
Been away to long from all my COG buddies.
Work, life, family and injuries have taken there toll.
Getting over broken collar bone and 14 cracked ribs.
Wouldn't be 100% but at our age who is.

Happy to hear you're gonna make it Bill! :great:

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

Twisty mountain roads must be awesome in the Roadtrek.    :pokestick:

Awesome would not be the first thing that comes to mind. Let's see, 9-11000 lbs powered by a 5.7 gas engine in an eighteen year old van. Nope, awesome ain't the word.  :beerchug:

See ya up there, Marty. Leaving/arriving on Wednesday. Fresh rear tire, chain, and sprockets(again) are on and it's ready to go. Yeehaw!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

What's all this squawking about wet-gear / weather??

Sure I see a tropical event moving up through florida this weekend, but doesn't look like its SUPPOSED to descend on N. JawJa until maybe Sunday of next week??

Is this the naysaying work of the Florida guys who might have to ride through it??

gr

ghostrider990 said:
What's all this squawking about wet-gear / weather??

Sure I see a tropical event moving up through florida this weekend, but doesn't look like its SUPPOSED to descend on N. JawJa until maybe Sunday of next week??

Is this the naysaying work of the Florida guys who might have to ride through it??

gr

It's an inside joke Nate.  James (millerized) has tended to bring bad weather with him when he makes a showing at rallies.

RWTW was always near and dear to Fais' heart (he got engaged there for gosh sakes).  Does anyone know what his status is...any chance he'll be there?  I've tried texting him, but no reply. 

I am not on FB anymore, but I heard thru the GV that he is selling everything (bikes included) and moving to Italy.  Anyone have more info.?

connie_rider said:
Last I heard he was planning to move to Europe.

Ride safe, Ted

Yep, he is moving to Florence Italy.  Friends with him on FB and he keeps posting pictures of beautiful scenery, and Ewa  ;D

He is coming back soon to get rid of all his not needed stuff

We have 71 signed up so far, and I know 9 people who will register at the rally making that 80, so weather permitting, we should be pushing 100 people this year  :beerchug: