• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RWTW 2018 Registration is Now Open

BTW - if we're gonna have 80 folks (and you can remember to do it and can find it), how about bring your COG name tag and lanyard, so we can all better put names and faces together.

(We should have kept the extra lanyards from BTH! Could've been a cash cow!).

Thanks.
Ron

ron203 said:
BTW - if we're gonna have 80 folks (and you can remember to do it and can find it), how about bring your COG name tag and lanyard, so we can all better put names and faces together.

(We should have kept the extra lanyards from BTH! Could've been a cash cow!).

Thanks.
Ron

I have a bag full of lanyards, the plastic holders and paper name tags that go in them that I will bring with me.  Also tickets for the 50/50 and a million release forms, so we have plenty to go around.

If you still have a lanyard and name tag from previous rallies, please bring it with you  :great:

I will see some of you in 6 days  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

I'll bring a large tip sharpie for foreheads of those who forget lanyards...
Makes it convenient 'cause you don't have to look down to see the name.

Jorge said:

If you write it backwards on your forehead you can see who you are when you look in a mirror. Is that awesome or what?
:beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Jorge said:

If you write it backwards on your forehead you can see who you are when you look in a mirror. Is that awesome or what?

Sadly, that might be helpful, after a night around the campfire. :eek:

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:
Jorge said:

Sadly, that might be helpful, after a night around the campfire. :eek:

Kinda my thinkin'.  :beerchug:

Looks like my curse is holding
curse.png

millerized said:
Looks like my curse is holding
curse.png

Don't get too cocky...  an accurate weather forecast 6 days out is about as big as a guess gets.

Still... A bad day at a COG rally is still better than a good day at work.  :)

Hmmm. The forecasts I've been watching are predicting scattered showers/thunder showers with only a 30% chance.  Actually, that's pretty typical of late summer weather in the Southern Appalachians.

I (much as it pains me) have to agree with Marty (can't believe I wrote that), any forecast that looks more than 48 hours out is pretty much a WAG.

COGnosticator said:
Let's start a Go Fund Me page to keep Miller away  :rotflmao:

Last time MOB was at a RWTW, we stayed in the house on the hill, same time Jim allegedley buried his Wind to he wing nuts  :D in the field. But alas no pictures, anyway, it rained so damn hard I didn't think it would stop.

hey, hey, hey..... ::) ::) ::) :mad:

we used to believe it was Jimmie and I that caused the rain, because it was a case of us both being there... but a BRRRRRR ride, and a RWTW we both were at was dry and pristine... then, later on, we found that it was always easier to blame it on WOB (my wife, Dona), as when she started making the event, IT ALWAYS RAINED.... on the way, during, and all the way home.... so.... ain't my fault anymore...
Wish i could come down tho, I miss seeing Jim....( last time I saw him he drove up to my place in a BLIZZARD...)... the rest of you clowns deserve to get wet... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and, I know I saw a picture of the 'Gold Wing Extraction attempts' that someone had...
I also have a Google Satellite pic, somewhere, zoomed in to the major carnnage in the muddy field, that took 4 years to 'heal'.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just kidding, ride safe you crazy loons, and wear your rubbers...  :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao:

this ain't the picture, but I think it's the spot....

Attachments

• stuck bike.jpg
    stuck bike.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 120
50% chance of rain is the Flo-ri-duh weather forecast from  June to October...  They'll
have to do better to keep me away.

Named storms....  That's the line....  Only one off the coast of Africa.

"Houston, We have a go!"

(Bring extra socks and towels)  ;)

Sorry to interrupt for a public service message  :beerchug:

Jim Polito will be in attendance this year, and he would appreciate (from whomever picked up his RWTW shirts for him last year?) getting his shirts from last year.  Whoever picked them up last year stated they would get them to him, but he has not received them yet. 
Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming  :motonoises:

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming  :motonoises:

Alrighty then.

mr t said:
Beer was available at the store RWTW-2017 Jim.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

But the "good stuff" disappears rather quickly.

Plenty of Bud Light, though. Not that there is anything wrong with that... :beerchug:

Getting better.
Maybe Georgia is getting used to the fact that I'm coming?
Maybe neither Rich or his wife are coming?
Maybe it WASN'T me the whole time?
*(yeah, who am I kidding)
Untitled.png

Just an FYI the store on the corner has a large walk in cooler now, so plenty of beverages for us.  Most domestic brands in case and 30 count packages then some of the forgein brands and some craft beer.

millerized said:
Getting better.

it wasn't you Jim...
wasn't me, or even Dona, now that I look back at photos....
I think it was THIS GUY....
yeah, that's my story, adn I'm stick'n too it...

BUUUUUUUBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAA

Attachments

• bubba.jpg
    bubba.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 127
millerized said:
Getting better.
Untitled.png

I'll be arriving Friday/Saturday after spending 4 conference-filled (and forecast rainy) days on the Georgia coast. What's a little more rain?

Still under 50% for most of the weekend.
I still haven't seen the gofundme total yet, so I'm still coming.
Only YOU have the power (and $$$)  to keep me home.
It's still gonna rain, and I'll still have your money, but at least you'll know you tried.

Untitled-2.png

Registration is closed on the COG website,  I assume us procrastinators can register on-site? If so, see you folks Thursday!

chamberlincalls said:
Registration is closed on the COG website,  I assume us procrastinators can register on-site? If so, see you folks Thursday!

Yes, any late comers can register at the rally, but if the head count goes over 90, you may not be guaranteed a plate on Saturday.  Right now we are at 82, but have had a few drop out so it should not be a problem.  Come on down  :beerchug:

My bag is packed, the bike is set and ready to go.  I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning.  I am sooooo looking forward to this weekend.

Irene

Just got back home from the 24th Annual RWTW. Had a great time seeing some old friends and making some new ones.  Despite having Jim Miller (AKA: Rainman) on site the weather was pretty cooperative. There was a substantial turnout of attendees as well.  Many thanks to Jerry Holland for serving as the rallymeister and to the entire Two Wheels of Suches crew for their work.  :great: :great: :great:

It was a great RWTW.  The weather was great except for a couple of hours last night.

TWoS told me they fed 76 people last night.  Here is a picture of the group.  Looks like everyone had a great time except for maybe Grasshopper  ::)

Heal soon Phil

168092606.q8QOjuoC.RWTW_2018.JPG

Had a most excellent, if all too brief, time at the Rally this weekend. Twas good to see older friends and to meet new ones. Glad we all made it safely with just one dinged foot making its presence felt. And that all wallets remained safely with their owners...even those that strangely appeared over the weekend and needed new homes...

Thanks to the Southeast team for another fantastic RWTW!

Great rally :great:, great people :great:, great time :great:.  The staff at Two Wheels were awesome.
Great food available all weekend, and an awesome job with the banquet.

Thanks to all our musically inclined members for playing some great music
At the campfire in the evenings!  I had a blast singing along with everyone.

Departed TWoS at 8:30 am,  even with breaks and lunch I made good time. (584 mile ride :motonoises:)
Kickstand down in the garage at 6:00pm.  Connie got me home, purdy quick too.
I just made it down I75 before a vicious looking line of storms moved in.

After running a few tanks of gas through it, the problem started sounding
mechanical.  Time to tweak the valves and do a thorough once over on the
top end.  :truce:

I have to make time for the 25th RWTW next year... this is an event that really can't be missed!

Awesome report Marty!!  Maybe you could draw on all that C-10 expertise down there, whether they ride C-10's or not and do a killer Tech day (and get YOUR bike fine tuned).  :popcorncouple:

Another awesome (RWTW) rally!  Can't say enough about the COG folk, but I will try after I get some work done.  Got home in about 10 hrs..  It was HOT, but not much rain or traffic (relatively speaking of course).  Another great performance by Connie, but she did throw 3 F1 errors at me in about a 5 minute span.   

ron203 said:
Awesome report Marty!!  Maybe you could draw on all that C-10 expertise down there, whether they ride C-10's or not and do a killer Tech day (and get YOUR bike fine tuned).  :popcorncouple:

The HOA might not appreciate us ‘biker gang’ folk parked all over the place.  I really
don’t have the space to do one, as much as I’d like to.  Perhaps COG can rent me an
air conditioned facility with lifts and tools to accomodate such an event...  >:D

Mcfly said:
ron203 said:

The HOA might not appreciate us ‘biker gang’ folk parked all over the place.  I really
don’t have the space to do one, as much as I’d like to.  Perhaps COG can rent me an
air conditioned facility with lifts and tools to accomodate such an event...  >:D

HOA's can be such a drag... Maybe your favorite local dealer would accomodate you.  ;D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TetPdmjka3KNuush7

A few of mine from the weekend. REALLY nice to have a break even with out my Connie. Squirrly knobbier be danmed!

Thanks all who made and make this happen each year. #24 in the books, #25 on the horizon.

Mike

Another Great time with all you COG nutjobs!

Of course I'm talking about you, Marty.  :)

Aside from getting my a$$ handed to me on War Woman road by our friend Rob from Canada yesterday, it was a great bit of riding and camaraderie.  I learned two things this weekend: Canadians can ride like men possessed and they can also drink alot of beer, and still get up early the next day.  Bravo Rob.  :motonoises:

Who can forget Doug magically "beaming-down" a whole wheel barrel of firewood, or his dog that decided on taking a little moonlight dip in the creek at 2am, and scaring me half to death??  Oh, and not to mention almost getting taken out by a Black Bear on Richard Russel. (i have 3 witnesses) Good times.

And who the hell WAS that Nurse from Hattiesburg, MS, driving a white BMW, that just SHOWED up to randomly camp with us at o'dark thirty on Saturday night??  If you have to ask, you went to bed too early.  :nananana:

Many thanks to Guitar Larry and Country Mike (yes, those are your names now!) for providing us with entertainment and much appreciated perpetual sing-a-long 'round the campfire.  I forget the name of the other guy who was playing guitar, but thanks to you as well! Patricia (or OTHER Patti) gets mention for back up singing too.

I appreciate everyone who tolerated my loud mouth, bad jokes, and cigar smoke (Irene) and being part of a great group.  :beerchug:

Glad we didn't have any major accidents this time around, except Phil and his minor ankle-dragging event.
....Knuckle-dragging notwithstanding......

See you all next time!

Nate

*no wallets were pilfered "accidentally" in the writing of this excerpt*

Attachments

• TWOfireiii.jpg
    TWOfireiii.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 125
  • TWOfire.jpg
    TWOfire.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 108
  • TWOfire2.jpg
    TWOfire2.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 122

Thanks for the pictures Mike. I hated to miss the event, but the pics gave me a good idea of what I missed. GOTTA make it next year for the 25th.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Mcfly said:
ron203 said:

You're welcome to use my place Marty, have everything but the AC. I do have fans though.

It's just up the road a little!  :nananana:

Cliff  :beerchug:

Had a great time with all the folks at RWTW. As stated before cant say enough good things about the TWO staff. My first time camping in about 7 years. Probably reserve a room for next year. And bring a cover for the bike. After the Saturday night drenching took all day Sunday for the turn signals to start working correctly. The lights came on but no blinking. Anyone else have that happen?
Aganin had great time, great rides. Thank you to ALL who maade it happen.

Ken said:
Had a great time with all the folks at RWTW. As stated before cant say enough good things about the TWO staff. My first time camping in about 7 years. Probably reserve a room for next year. And bring a cover for the bike. After the Saturday night drenching took all day Sunday for the turn signals to start working correctly. The lights came on but no blinking. Anyone else have that happen?
Aganin had great time, great rides. Thank you to ALL who maade it happen.

Finally got to meet you, neighbor (you're about 25 miles from me). Hope to see you around.

Nope, bike was soaked, but all okay. You're right. Cover next year, especially if the "rain makers" are in town.
Ron

IIRC, this was the 4th one for me (might have been 5th, not sure) but once again you both welcomed a 'northerner' into your group AND let me leave with more than I came down with. ;) (suckers....Thanks Harry!!!)

Seriously, the people, the hospitality, the setting, the roads...this is the reason I 'came back' to COG. Even if it is just a fleeting 1yr 'thing', SECOG events are the finest of everything. And the people....just plain amazing.

And in return, I only brought a tiny bit of rain...just to make sure you fire ring party all night folks had enough time, energy and aspirin to make it home the next day. (and for the one guy who was bad mouthing me about the rain...but we let that slide...mostly...this time)  :))

While I'll still maintain the moniker "rainman' if you'd be kind enough to let me, I'll refrain from making the event into another Jim Culp Farmall/John Deere/hog up the airfield bad enough planes can't land but the trench can be seen from space, sogfest for the next few decades. Take that title from me, well...this weekend should be an indication of what I can bring :-\ (sorry guys...Eddie told me to show off a little, blame him)

1358 miles total trip. 13hrs down (thanks google maps you turdbandit) and 11 back (thanks Tropical Storm Gordon). Trip down was uneventful, even with google's 100mi detour back NORTH for some reason. Trip back was 5hrs of solid rain up I-81. Thanks to the big barn door on the front of the wing, my pants didn't get but a little water on the hems, and a few drops from blowing over the top. Stayed dry without any issues. SIRIUS free weekend kept the hair metal uninterrupted the whole time, although my neck is a bit stiff from headbanging the whole time.

My only disappointment of the whole weekend was my favorite hole in the wall secret barbecue place must have gotten a favorable review locally...standing room only, no parking and only one motorcycle in the lot. Line out the door, well...I waits for no meal. (intersection of 52 and 115 for those lucky enough to live close). It's better than I've found down there, even the 'favorite' haunts of others recommended to me. Hopefully I get another week long trip later, as Saturday's are definitely NOT favorable to fast service. It was reported that it would be an hour for my order/food...I passed. And cried. (yeah...it's that good) https://www.facebook.com/Farmhouseproduceandbbq/

The trip back was a little tense in pouring rain, surrounded by trucks passing each side, numerous attempts to tag my front tire 'passing' (sorry about the broken window...send me the bill :nananana: shouldn't be tailgating a motorcycle dropping spare sparkplugs and lugnuts) and several standstill traffic accidents (one caused by one of the attempted 'taggers'...who seems to have gotten 'tagged' by someone who wasn't putting up with it...luckily all traffic 'events' were in Virginia BEFORE the rain.)  A semi decided to make another lane on the right side of the guardrails and a double good tag team a bit later clogged things for about a mile. Luckily, all lanes opened after the 20min crawl as things were pushed over to the side and the road littered with oilsorb. Didn't look like ambulances were involved, but the driver was being questioned heavily by the popo. I yelled 'i have video if you need it' as I drove past...but no takers.

Again, awesome event, put on by awesome people, attended by awesome people in an awesome area. Just one more word to say....AWESOME!!!

Just Cliff said:
Mcfly said:
ron203 said:

You're welcome to use my place Marty, have everything but the AC. I do have fans though.

It's just up the road a little!  :nananana:

Cliff  :beerchug:

A Southeast Tech day in South Central.... sheer genius Cliff!  :great:

Nope. It got parked after it's maiden voyage and hasn't seen asphalt since. Too heavy for the 'wing. It's controllable with the electric brakes, but just not practical. (It's just a +400# tent platform with storage.) I can carry everything the big box has in it in ZORT (= zombie trailer) for #200 loaded. 
Didn't even tow the Zombie trailer. Packed as light as possible and still maintained a sufficient comfort level to not sleep well either night.  ;D

connie_rider said:
Jim (Millerized) wondering if you brought your motorcycle camper with you?

Eide safe, Ted

This was my first RWTW rally, but it won't be my last. The folks at Two Wheels of Suches were great, good food, nice campground, the works. I especially enjoyed the Saturday fun ride with Jerry & Jerry & Ken & a couple other guys whose names I don't remember. It was a blast! Got to ride in some rain on the way home, but it was a small price to pay for all the fun.

Rastus said:
This was my first RWTW rally, but it won't be my last. The folks at Two Wheels of Suches were great, good food, nice campground, the works. I especially enjoyed the Saturday fun ride with Jerry & Jerry & Ken & a couple other guys whose names I don't remember. It was a blast! Got to ride in some rain on the way home, but it was a small price to pay for all the fun.

Great to meet you Rastus. Come back anytime.
Ron

I too had a great time. I saw a lot of folks I haven't seen in awhile and met some new folks also. As always, great roads, good weather, except going home, good facilities and good people, thanks Jerry. BTW, I think I talked to too many people..........  ;D

Hey everybody! Annie and I had a great time! Been awhile since coming up for the first rwtw about 4 years ago, and a very poignant experience for me since having the kind of few years no one wants to have. Nice to know the group is as great as ever...lot of laughter, a lot of stories, and a lot of riding going on! which is what I expected and hoped for since I was really promoting my COG friends as a really fun bunch of people to my new bride Annie (who was so gracious to be picked up in Atlanta). Well she did a bit of seat time, up on the dragon, and to Mt Mitchell (actually almost) but stayed tough (some rain too) riding about 700 miles with me, Greg Taylor, and Tom Boyle. She had never ridden more than 75-80 miles with me before that so I was really proud of her! Think we can make this a yearly ritual, hoping to see ya'll again soon at another COG event! Thanks Greg and Tom and all my good friends at COG for the fellowship... and I JUST WANNA RIDE!!!! Also Two Wheels of Suches Rocks!!! ;)

Rastus said:

It was great meeting you.  I'm glad you had fun at the rally.  It's always a great time getting together with other COG members. 

Irene

Rick, it was great riding with you and Anny and Greg. You've got a keeper there. She hung in there on our rides. We need to get together some time soon down here. Maybe next year I can get my wife to join us at the wolf next year. The riding and the folks at Two's are awesome.

Always Young said:
Rick, it was great riding with you and Anny and Greg. You've got a keeper there. She hung in there on our rides. We need to get together some time soon down here. Maybe next year I can get my wife to join us at the wolf next year. The riding and the folks at Two's are awesome.

I hope you can convince your wife to come next year.  Just tell her that there were several ladies at this year's Wolf.  It might entice her to come.

Irene

Hi Irene, It was good meeting you and having a chat. It does my heart good to see more lady bikers on the road. I enjoyed meeting the other Patti as well as getting to see some guys I had met before and meeting some new faces. Coggers are some of the coolest people around, and I look forward to more COG rallies in the future. Planning a ride to California in the next few days, and I hope to detour onto highway 191 in Arizona(the Devil's Highway), for some really great riding, either going or coming home. Thinking about doing an Iron Butt challenge on the way out. MapQuest says it is 1,667 miles to my first CA destination, so I figure I ought to be able to accomplish a Saddlesore 1000, if not a Bun Burner 1500. I'll give 'er hell trying.

Rastus said:
Hi Irene, It was good meeting you and having a chat. It does my heart good to see more lady bikers on the road. I enjoyed meeting the other Patti as well as getting to see some guys I had met before and meeting some new faces. Coggers are some of the coolest people around, and I look forward to more COG rallies in the future. Planning a ride to California in the next few days, and I hope to detour onto highway 191 in Arizona(the Devil's Highway), for some really great riding, either going or coming home. Thinking about doing an Iron Butt challenge on the way out. MapQuest says it is 1,667 miles to my first CA destination, so I figure I ought to be able to accomplish a Saddlesore 1000, if not a Bun Burner 1500. I'll give 'er hell trying.

I'm jealous!  I'm wanting to do an Iron Butt Challenge.  I was going to do one last year but my foot surgery sidelined me.  I think now that the weather is getting cooler I'll plan on it.  Have fun and safe travels.

Irene

Hi all ...  :nananana:

I am trying to find out who drove the KIA Soul with trailer hitch and Florida plates at the rally..  I have some KIA Soul questions in anticipation of a purchase.

Who knows who it was????  ;)

"guitar" Larry G 

12SLAG said:

I am trying to find out who drove the KIA Soul with trailer hitch and Florida plates at the rally..  I have some KIA Soul questions in anticipation of a purchase.

"guitar" Larry G

I believe that was Patti (Riding Librarian).

Shawn said:
12SLAG said:

"guitar" Larry G

A.K.A. the singer of Bobby McGee at the RWTW among other places.

Shawn said:
12SLAG said:

"guitar" Larry G

Nah, Patti drives a Scion xB, I believe. Looks kinda like a Soul.