• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RWTW 2020

COGnosticator

Hopefully this Covid crap will be out of here soon and I can start making plans for the 26th Annual RWTW, when I know for sure it can be done I will post up in another thread about the rally.

Everybody stay safe out there and hope to see y'all soon. 

Thanks Jerry. The weather here in N.Ga is 73 and sunny today. I'm so looking forward to RWTW. It'll be another good time!
Thank you!

Does anyone know if the Beat The Heat get together in July is still a go or not? I was going to try and make it between surgeries if it is still on. More so, I'm looking forward to the  RWTW rally in September. Thanks.  :beerchug:

Run With The Wolf at the Two Wheels of Suches campground Suches Georgia. It is usually scheduled for the Thursday thru Sunday after Labor Day. Keep a eye on the Event Calendar for information.

Clay said:
What is RWTW?  Where is it at?
It's four(or more) days of awesomeness held (officially) starting Thursday after Labor Day. Some folks come early and/or stay later. Usually 60 to 130 of your close personal friends that you may or may not know, yet. This is pretty much a camping affair although they have some camping cabins and a lodge. Those accommodations are already spoken for. Campfires  and frivolity prevail. Excellent riding in the No GA mountains.

And it's very frugal.

Clay, RWTW is a fun event. If you are a camper at all, you'll enjoy it.
Low keyed, with lots of good conversation, and someof silly stuff also! Expect one of the best campfires :great:
The riding is as low key, or not, like you want it. There are enough groups for all riding tastes and paces that anyone is sure to find a group at the right pace.
Riding is awesome, and the scenery beautiful.

Clay,

In regards to riding groups, there is not a formal process to join a riding group. You will have to talk to others and initiate joining a group. Talk and meet people before hand, the evening before or the morning of and inquire where they are going and how they ride. If your not sure, find some of the AADs or Ron, our AD and we can steer you to a group. Many of us know each other and how they like to ride. Some ride 300 - 400 miles a day with their hair on fire, only stopping for fuel and eat Cliff Bars for lunch, other like to ride 150 - 250 miles at moderate pace and enjoy a nice lunch. No right or wrong, just different.

It may seem cliquish but it is not, you have to put your self out there and talk to people, we don't know if this is your first rally or not or if you just like to ride by your self. When approached, most will welcome you and tell you their plans for the riding day and how they like to ride.

RWTW is a lot of fun, you will meet lots of people from the SE and other regions, hope to see you in September.

Come on out Clay, it's a good bunch. Don't confuse folks visiting with friends with cliques. They're just visiting, or whatever.  ;)

Hope to see you there.

Ron

Pretty doubtful. I have a Model T Ford outing every Sept/Oct that we go to.
It's called the Texas "T" Party. {ie; Not the Texas Tea Party}
This years "T" Party is scheduled on the last weekend in Sept.
  Takes about a month to get the car ready to go.
  Lots of brass to polish/re-polish and a 100 year old car always has something to work on before a Rally..

If it's cancelled, I'll be at the Wolf.

Ride safe, Ted

Ken said:
I have Thursday through Saturday nights paid. If TWO's is open I will be there. LOL

They are open now, I hope they can stay that way.

I will be up there this coming Saturday to Monday  :beerchug:

As soon as I get confirmation about the cost for the Saturday night meal (supposed to be tomorrow 6-17-20) I will have the rally on the calendar, so hopefully tomorrow.

I'm w Kurt on that one. Those who feel there are cliques are ppl afraid to put themselves out there. This is the most welcoming group.  :beerchug: