• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sacramento COG Lake Berryessa ride, 4/9/2011

gfinca

Crotch Rocket
Message from Buddy:

April 9, we're going to be riding around the Lake Berryessa area. The meeting place is the Black Bear Diner at 2700 El Centro Road in Sacramento, 95833. We'll meet for Breakfast at 8:30 and then shoot for a 9:30 rollout. If you decide to just show up for the ride that's OK, just meet us before the rollout.

What about a meetup time and location closer to the Lake? I might be inclined to ride up, but I'm coming from San Francisco and it makes more sense for me to not ride all the way to Sac.

I do not.
Feel free to PM me, no promises I can make it, but I have yet to meet up for a SAC ride so I'd really like to make it.

Figures...a ride that I should be able to make and I'm on-call.  :-[

I'll try to make the next one.  :)

Breakfast sounds good, not sure how far I'll ride but I may make it to Sac in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

I'm planning on being there, plus Buddy and his wife, at least, so I'm sure you won't be alone  ;D

Well, four including you since Buddy's wife rides, but yes, based on past rides, there will probably be a few more than I mentioned, I just don't know who they are.

I have nearly 100 miles to ride, and I'll proably need to fill when I get there, but I'm coming. I'm really looking forward to meeting a few more COG members. If by chance plans change I'll post here before 7am. I'm on my red C-14 and don't make me look too bad out there. However I know its not a race, I'm looking forward to a nice spirited ride with good people.

I'll let someone else post up names, but we had a female rider go down today. Mark's wife. She's at Santa Rosa Memorial and was taken by life flight. She has so broken ribs and some other things. Looks like she's gunna be alright.

Brent,

Thanks for the update, I just got home.  Great to hear she's going to be OK.  I'm bummed it happened, but it could have been a lot worse.  Thanks for leading the way to Santa Rosa.

I also need to get Mark's e-mail address if someone can PM it to me.
I have pics I promised I would send him instead of posting here.
I wanted to get his ok before I post them.
I will post some early ride pics though.

50.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

The bike that went down was the red 650r in this pic.

55.jpg

56.jpg

Heal fast rider.

How is the rider that went down?  Great i hope.

on another note, anyone interested in doing this ride again?

Sacramento to clear lake then into Berryessa from the back side is a nice ride too. 

I saw and spoke to Melody about 3 weeks ago, and she is making an amazing recovery.  I went to the monthly COG dinner in Sac, and she came with her husband Mark.  She is still dealing with pain, but is getting around and has a great attitude, so I think she will make as near a complete recovery as is possible from such a bang-up.

Just catching this topic.  Sorry to hear rider went down and glad all is OK.

If another activity is planned, PM me if help is needed getting the event listed in the online calendar.

i know this was months ago , ill be looking for the next one , i never road with a lot of concours guys . im all ways trying to keep up with my sportbike buddies ,

Buddy is the guy to get in touch with. You want to be on his email list. But it ain't easy, I'm still trying.

According to Buddy, it looks like there is a Berryessa ride tentatively planned for late Feb/ early March.

GF-in-CA said:
According to Buddy, it looks like there is a Berryessa ride tentatively planned for late Feb/ early March.

Thanks Gary - is there another thread to watch for more info?

If it happens, and assuming Buddy doesn't post something, I'll post a heads up in this section as to the date and time.  :)