• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sadly, I am parting out my 2012...

RUBY2012

Hello everyone, my 2012 tweaked the frame (I think) two weeks ago. So I bought it back from the insurance agency. (to many goodies on it that will go on a new one) The saddlebags are already spoken for. It is the Candy Arabian Red color. the right mid fairing and bottom fairing are toast. The right mirror is intact but scratched. The OEM muffler, windshield, seat and numerous other parts are good. PM me if interested in anything. Never posted pics on the forum and don't intend to. I am straight up as many members will tell you. I am just north of Atlanta. PM me and then we can talk on the phone.

Thanks, Bill

What shape is the upper right fairing cover, like the panel that has the locking storage on left, but the one on the right.
Mine has a few small cracks around the bottom mounting screw.
Thanks,
Jorge

Hi Jorge, it is fine...no cracks. I think I met you at the Wolf in 2016? Anyhow PM me with an offer. They go for around $60.00 new. Things that are gone.....Both side cases, both mirrors. Still have a slightly scratched mirror from previous tip over. Things that are good..Stock seat, wind screen, whole clutch and brake assy., passenger rests, rider foot rests, fuel tank, radiator, rear rotor, left cowlings, center cowling, stock exhaust and numerous other parts. Let me know.

Bill

hi; i need a engine for my 2008 14 abs. how many miles on yours,did you own it long? oil changes ? how much for it? please let me know. thanks jeff

hey bill i am looking for the left side plate that the foot peg bracket and shifter assembly mounts to it's black. Glenn

jeffsbig12 said:
hi; i need a engine for my 2008 14 abs. how many miles on yours,did you own it long? oil changes ? how much for it? please let me know. thanks jeff

I'll let Bill fill you in all the details. I will vouch for him maintaining it properly & having the valves done by SISF when due. I would not be afraid of it.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Hi Jeff, bought the bike new in May of 2012. it has 73k on the engine. valves done by Steve at around 32k, synthetic oil changes every 7500 to 8000 miles. Please PM me for my phone # and I will give you all the info you want. I have slowly been taking it apart and selling some items. Right now it is just sitting in my garage. 

Do you have the stock rack, or Phil's rack? I'm interested in Phil's rack if you do have it. Let me know, Thanks!!

Tinsailor said:
Maybe we could put ours together and make one. The black and red could start a new style.

You'll need a logo

Go Dawgs!

main_logo.png

If you have the left side top cover (where the glovebox is) I would like to buy that and the center cover too.....

i had a no speed fall over and the left frame cover plate [the one the footrest gets bolted to] cracked. it's been welded but i'd like a replacement.
the Big K part is apparently 14092-0089-18R

Hi Rick, sorry but that part has already been sold. Looks like your not the only one who has this experience.

Bill

Hey Bill,
Do you have the top windshield brackets and hardware? Also did you sell the right side top cover opposite the glove box?

Attachments

• A2D407C9-8E0C-4A07-B386-361EE4512678.jpeg
    A2D407C9-8E0C-4A07-B386-361EE4512678.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 126
Bill,
Thanks for the headlight! Looks like I'm back looking for more though. You wouldn't happen to still have the KIPASS module and fobs would you? My lone fob was run over and now I'm dead in the water again.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

Just curious, was it so damaged the passive ID chip won't activate the kipass when held next to the switch extension?

Yeah, one of the integrated chips on the board is completely missing. Believe me, I tried that first knowing how much of a headache having no active keys (active/passive) is. She's dead in the water. Unfortunately when I bought her as a brand new '13 back in July the dealer only had the active fob for me and not the passive backup. I had been meaning to get another passive as a spare but hadn't done it yet. Learning my lesson about that now the hard way.

Hey Brian, do you have any bad luck left???  :mad:  Yes I have all the items you are looking for. The ECU has the Sefsick flash on it. Please call me and we can discuss this. You will probably need to take it to a dealer who has KDS.

Bill

It's the controller just forward of the ECU on the right which is the KIPASS module. Single harness connection I believe. That and any fobs you have will get me what I need to get it going again with a little dealer help to associate the KIPASS controller with the other modules on the bike.

I can only hope I'm using up that bad luck to save someone else the nightmare...

Bill,

I am in search of a left side saddle bag lid. Depending on your price I could take the entire thing off your hands. That is if it is still available.

Dan

Dan...the saddlebags were the first to go. I think I may have the painted part of the bag with some scratches from a driveway tip over, I will check when I get home and let you know.

Ray...I have the rear shock assy. It was not damaged in the slide. Make me an offer.

Thanks, Bill

Have you still got the TPMS from the wheels?  The code will still need to be on them and looking for the 2010-2014 models that the battery can be replaced.... 1 of mine died.

Hi Derek, yes the sensors have been safely removed from the rims and are sitting on my workbench. The batteries were getting weak and the tires had to warm up before they would work. Please send me a PM so we can talk.

Bill

Bill, If the clutch/brake master cylinders/perches/levers are available I'm interested??

I don't think anyone asked. How did you tweak the frame?

Ride safe, Ted

Sorry for the late reply gentlemen. Here we go.
Ted...still have the clutch and brake items. No Damage and still on the bike (frame)
Bob...still have the radiator and cowlings from the front (need to know exactly what you need so I can check) Radiator is undamaged and was protected by a guard.
Skoonz...sorry but I sold the seat.

Fell free to call me 470-214-2456
I am in the Atlanta area

Do you need them because after you passed me at Jennings you didn't know how fast you were going and wore out the brakes???    :))

No, I want to install them on my C-10 so I can pass you with it next year.  :nananana:
{Actually  :truce:} Another guy impressed me so much with his C-10 ride that I wanted to give the C-10 a try...

NOTE: Previously I changed brake calipers and want to install Radial style master cylinders on my C-10.
              Saw your post and though, the C-14 set up might be a possibility.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Didn't realize this was you...….

So sorry for your loss. I don't mean to joke about your misfortune but I can't resist:

How much for the OEM muffler? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can feel the puke welling up in the back of my throat just hearing about your bike. I am so sorry to hear about your bike.  :'(

I'm just happy no injury precipitated this part out.  :great:

You shopping any of the fine deals I have seen on a replacement?

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for your thoughts. Everything is fine and always wear your protective gear. I replaced the 2012 with a leftover 2017 from Talledega Cycle sales in July of 2018. There are still parts left if you need something. I still have the frame, motor, etc. in my garage and i'm getting tired of it. (plus other goodies)

Bill

Bill said:
Hi Jon, thanks for your thoughts. Everything is fine and always wear your protective gear. I replaced the 2012 with a leftover 2017 from Talledega Cycle sales in July of 2018. There are still parts left if you need something. I still have the frame, motor, etc. in my garage and i'm getting tired of it. (plus other goodies)

Bill

Hi Bill,

Great to hear about the 2017, but you'll always miss the 2012. It's like loosing a dog. You can replace it, but you'll always care.

Having another motor is pretty tempting. But I also need to consider the cost of getting it across the country to blistering hot Southern Cal.  :??:

Take care,
Jon

Daytona_Mike said:
Bill said:
Hello everyone, my 2012 tweaked the frame (I think) two weeks ago.
Thanks, Bill
Holy sheet... Sorry to hear Bill..  I assume you are ok..

Hey Mike, yes I am ok. My gear took the beating. Slow wreck and didn't hit anyone.
Bill

Hey ruby, i know u said saddle bags were spoken for. Could you put me in touch with who ever bought them. Im.looking for a left side bag latch assembly, and if the person who's getting ur bags, doesnt need one of their left side latches id be interested in buying which ever one they werent gonna use. Thanks

Bill,
Thanks for the headlight! Looks like I'm back looking for more though. You wouldn't happen to still have the KIPASS module and fobs would you? My lone fob was run over and now I'm dead in the water again.

Thanks,
Brian
Sorry Brian, the FOB and KIPASS module have been gone for sometime now. Good luck with your search.

Bill

Hello everyone, my 2012 tweaked the frame (I think) two weeks ago. So I bought it back from the insurance agency. (to many goodies on it that will go on a new one) The saddlebags are already spoken for. It is the Candy Arabian Red color. the right mid fairing and bottom fairing are toast. The right mirror is intact but scratched. The OEM muffler, windshield, seat and numerous other parts are good. PM me if interested in anything. Never posted pics on the forum and don't intend to. I am straight up as many members will tell you. I am just north of Atlanta. PM me and then we can talk on the phone.

Thanks, Bill
Are the handlebars still intact? Could use left and right. just the bars.

Yes, the front fender is good condition and has a Murphs fender extender on it. Candy Arabian Red. Let me know.

I need the boot that goes over the headlight wiring plug and seals water from getting in the headlight plug area. mine has torn... Do you still have that?

Thanks for your reply.. You wouldn't happen to know of anyone else selling a black right mirror or where I can get one without going to a dealer? Much appreciate your help...........

I was hoping to stay away from paying full retail............. Thanks for the suggestion..... If you happen to know of anyone trying to get rid of theirs, please let me know. THANKS

Thanks, Bill
Have a straight sidestand?

Sorry, my reply is so late. I have been on vacation. Yes I have the kickstand undamaged and still on the frame. You can call me at 470-214-2456 so we can make sure of what you need.

Bill

If you have the various air, coolant, radiator and similar hoses/tubing with all the clamps (including the little plastic ones) I'm interested in the lot.

If anyone is interested, I have the motor, carbs and the frame intact with around 83K on it and the valves where done by Steve Sefsick at around 30K with the shim map. I want to get it out of my garage. first $250.00 can have it. You pick it up. (it is from a 2012 and is in North Atlanta)

Bill

Thanks, Bill
Hi Ruby I am sorry but are thr saddle bags available.

Thanks, Bill
Hello Bill. Put together a laundry list of your goodies so we can see what you have for sale...Sean

FYI - Ruby2012 hasn't been on the site since last November. You might have better luck reaching him via PM.