• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Same old bike, new member

bigbaldy331286

I've owned my 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 non ABS since new. Its been a great bike. Have lurked on and off for years and finally decided to join up. I've done tons of farkels to her. Some of the bigger farkels are Ohlins forks and shock, Brembo clutch and master cylinder, 320mm BrakeTech ductile iron rotors, Speigler clutch and brake lines, full AreaP exhaust, Cordona speed shifter, Rostra cruise control and tons of other stuff. Can't wait to gleen some knowledge from you all.

Attachments

• 20220520_172245.jpg
    20220520_172245.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220520_172508.jpg
    20220520_172508.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220520_172541.jpg
    20220520_172541.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220520_172547.jpg
    20220520_172547.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220520_172613.jpg
    20220520_172613.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 94
Welcome, it would appear we may learn something from you as well. I certain there will be some who are very interested in the upgrades and mods you've made..

Welcome, it would appear we may learn something from you as well. I certain there will be some who are very interested in the upgrades and mods you've made..
I'd be happy to help. I've done quite a few little mods that make life easier. Used to work for a privateer AMA Superbike rider. Been wrenching on bikes and cars for years........

Welcome to the group and I see you are already addicted, and it has been good - LOL.

Not many have taken the plunge into the quickshifters as you and I - I use a Healtech and only for upshift, supposedly can use for down as well but only in higher gears.

See you around.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome to the group and I see you are already addicted, and it has been good - LOL.

Not many have taken the plunge into the quickshifters as you and I - I use a Healtech and only for upshift, supposedly can use for down as well but only in higher gears.

See you around.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Clutchless downshifts only work correctly if you have a drive-by-wire system so the system can auto-blip the throttle. My 2016 BMW S1000rr has that stock. Since my bike has old school tech, it only uses the shifter for upshifts. The Cordona has lots of adjustments which make it really nice. It uses a strain gauge so you can adjust the pressure of your foot to engage the system as well as cutout time. I've been playing with it for a week now trying to figure what works best for my left foot and the bike. I use GP shift pattern.

It seems the the Healtech wants to cut rpms when you really want to raise them to match rpms on the downshift. Can you disable it on the downshift? I'm not familiar with the newer Concours or yours if they are drive by wire.

Mark

Hello Mark,
Yes Healtech cuts ignition based on a strain, delay (shifter pressure build-up) and ignition cut - all of which can be tailored per RPM.

Downshift I have never tried. No Concours machines are drive by wire from the factory and neither is mine. The electronics package limitations are a bummer, so much potential left on the table.

Wayne