• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Santa Cruz Mountains RTE - July 15th - Bay Area & Coast

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
The Santa Cruz mountains & forests, lush and often cool in the summer, seem like the perfect place for a July ride.  So everyone pick your favorite routes in and through the twisty, curvy roads and meet up at Boulder Creek Pizza & Pub  for some tasty chow and awesome rider company.

Where: Boulder Creek Pizza & Pub, 13200 Central Ave Ste B, Boulder Creek, CA 95006

Date & Time: Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 1:00PM meet for lunch (start your ride whenever you want)

Boulder Creek Pizza & Pub on the Map

This Ride-to-Eat affords you the chance to ride your own path or link up to ride with a few friends, but meet with COGgers from some other local regions.  The pizza place is under 2 hours from the Bay Area, San Jose and Monterey and only 2.5 from the Central Valley. (anyone that wants to join me on my route is welcome, see it at the bottom)

So many great roads in the area it's almost impossible to choose; Skyline Blvd (35), Hwy 9, La Honda, Glenwood, Empire Grade, Bear Creek, Big Basin, Pescadero Creek, San Gregorio (84) and of course coastal Hwy 1. Even Hwy 17 is interesting when there is lighter traffic.

Come enjoy the forest scenery, tall pines, great roads, good company and tasty food.

Boulder Creek Pizza & Pub web site

Yelp review and photos

My Probable Route: I'll be coming from Modesto via slabs and bridges if anyone wants to join for that portion. But for the fun part, that starts closer to the Bay Area, San Mateo. I plan to start at 10:30AM at Chen Valia Meeting Spot (intersection of 92 & 35 between Upper & Lower Crystal Springs Resv.s)

Intended Route from Chen Valia Meeting Spot to Boulder Creek

My entire route with Freeways from Modesto

I'll be there, or as Mark liked to say at OtP when I was typically the one to volunteer to hike to see a sight while he hung back to photobomb tourists and chill -- I'll be your Huckleberry.

I'll confirm before the ride, but will probably ride up Hwy 1 and cut through the mountains to meet you at Chen Valia.

See you then.

Dan

A double dose of OtP for the Cent Cal folks!  :great: :beerchug: Now don't believe what Dan tells ya. I was in the middle of an ice cream cone and it was melting down my wrist. Gotta have priorities.

SantaCruzRider said:
I'll be there, or as Mark liked to say at OtP when I was typically the one to volunteer to hike to see a sight while he hung back to photobomb tourists and chill -- I'll be your Huckleberry.

I'll confirm before the ride, but will probably ride up Hwy 1 and cut through the mountains to meet you at Chen Valia.

See you then.

Dan
Awesome. It will be great to meet you in person. And I look forward to hearing your OtP adventure stories (and maybe a couple embarrassing secrets about OMC).

I'll watch for you at Chen Valia

Fantastic ride today today with four of us turning out for 150+ miles of Santa Cruz Mtn twisters, plus some Hwy 1 stretches for a couple gentlemen.
Was great to meet my neighbor Mike for the first time, as well as new C14 owner Craig of San Mateo.
Three cheers to SW AAD Keith for putting this together and slabbing it all the way from Modesto. He probably won't be home for hours -- but good on you brother. You're shaking things up!

Finally made it back home about 8:30PM - but what a great day.
Weather = beautiful
Roads = fun and fantastic
Food = tasty and plentiful
Company = the best

I met three awesome guys today Dan, Mike and Craig. Couple of long time COGgers and 1 new guy.

Group shot courtesy of Craig

scm_tressle.jpg

scm-craig.jpg

scm-pizza.jpg

scm-trees.jpg

scm-train.jpg

I'm thinking about a loop that covers Mt. Hamilton to the north and Mt. Madonna County park to the south with little twisty side roads like highway 152 between Watsonville and Gilroy, Metcalf Road in Coyote Valley, Uvas Rd in Morgan Hill (never been on).

That would be relatively convenient and central for most of us who where on the last ride. I am open to suggestions for places to eat from Dan and Mike.

That sounds like a great loop. Depending on the final route, I can throw out some lunch suggestions.

Once you nail down the specifics: start time and spot for meeting up, route, etc...,  let's lean on Craig to get the ride posted to the calendar.

You should also start a separate thread in the SW events area so people see it's a new ride!  Good for you for planning this.