• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sargent World Performance Seat, Regular Height - No Longer Available

GRR125

I have a Sargent World Performance seat that I am going to sell. I love the way it looks on the bike, and find it is comfortable for a couple of hours.

But I have a different seat that I use more, so am passing this on to someone who is looking for one.

Condition is lightly-used, nearly new. It snaps right in to the factory lock, and unlocks with the stove key. Fits years 2008-on per Sargent.
There is a handy document compartment in the bottom. There are a couple of small white (paint?) flecks that I haven't been able to remove.
$300 plus your choice of shipping from Santa Cruz CA.
Thanks, Gary

Attachments

• 20220722_114238.jpg
    20220722_114238.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220722_114258.jpg
    20220722_114258.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220722_114352.jpg
    20220722_114352.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220722_114408.jpg
    20220722_114408.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220722_114536.jpg
    20220722_114536.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 85
Gary, this looks like it's in decent enough shape. I think the problem you may be running into here is that most of the Sargents have been explored ad nauseam and folks have been giving a 2 to 3 stars out of 5 on these saddles. Two suggestions:
1) try the FB resale and GTR1400 or ZG forums (if you haven't already);
2) drop the price like you're trying to get rid of it, as my sense is that the desirability of this only begins to grow at a much lower price point... maybe as a backup bench or a temporary replacement for a ripped OEM.
I've been waiting on selecting a replacement seat for a year and half for my '21. I wasn't willing to pay $600 for the OEM Touring seat after I saw it. Wasn't that big of an improvement over stock. And the Sargents I've seen have been uncomfortable for long trips. So if the price tag on a one-and-done touring sofa seat is going to get up into the big bucks I'm going to finally break down and stop being such a miser... will get momma to give her blessing on me ordering the RDL (Russell Day Long) as a "safety device". "It'll reduce fatigue" will be my sale pitch to her. LOL

Hope you have good luck selling this amigo and can feel good that someone got a good value while you at least got a few bucks back on it.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look into those other venues. It's not long distance seat, but it works well for shorter rides and looks great doing it. After re-dressing it and putting it back on the bike for pictures, I like the way it looks so much I may keep it.

Re "OEM Touring seat ...Wasn't that big of an improvement over stock."
I disagree.

I've had two C14s and the stock seats on both were a disappointing design. I've had the OEM Touring Seat and it is quite a different thing. It's shaped, contoured, padded and covered differently. It's good for all day, every day. Kawasaki should have included it as the stock item.

I just got back from the 4 day Sierra Sidewinder ride and the Touring seat was great for me. My problem was lack of highway pegs to stretch the legs out w/o stopping.

In spite of that, I'm going to sell the Touring seat also, because it is a bit thicker, and makes distance to the ground more than I like. I've tried lowering links, but prefer keeping the stockl ground clearance, so am going to look into getting a custom seat done to my liking.

If you have any interest in the the Touring seat, let me know. I'll probably post it soon.