• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sargent World Sport Seat Low Profile CFX/Black welt $250.

gilbysan

Guys, I am putting my old seat on the Connie that goes to the insurance company so my Sargent World Sport Low seat is up for sale. It has been a great seat for me. It does not make you feel like you are sliding forward and squeezing your gonads and all that. I have ridden 1000s of miles on it and there is no sign of wear on the upholstery at all, which is amazing. Of the 5 different seats I rode on, this was the keeper for me. The seating surface looks like carbon fiber with black welts (the bead that ties the pieces together.)

I am 5'9", 160#, and this seat allows me to sit flat footed plus a bit when stopped. It also has a nice little compartment under the seat which I made a little jig that holds two 1911 mags if that is something that is of interest to you, it goes with the seat or you can pull it out and put something else there.

20200713_164447.jpg20200713_164507.jpgWS-571-19_800- from website.jpgWS-571-19_UNDER from website.jpg

$250. plus shipping to your zip.

Take care!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

firedaniel,

It look like it will take $78. to your zip. I have heard that if I wrap it in plastic and put the label on it, they will send it and it is the cheapest way to get it to you.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks!

Gilbysan

Heathcreek,

I just responded to your shipping query for the 3 Cee Baileys...

The seat is still available.

Got the quote for the Cee Baileys. I will let you know shortly if we will pull the trigger. Anyway you could tell me shipping for the seat? 64015

Yes it is. It just never had anyone sit on the back section, lol.
It looks like a nice seat and I am very interested. You and I are about the same size. Did you compare this to a Corbin? What do you suppose the shipping will be? Please put me at the top of your list.

HeathCreek,

You are at the top of my list and please, I am ordering farkles for the new bike and my wife will want me to replace the funds with sold stuff I cannot use.

My son had a Corbin on his '15 Connie, we are about the same weight but he is 2" taller, go figure. I did not find his comfortable for my riding position and style. He says it worked well on long stretches but low speed handling was problematic compared to the stock seat. Also tried a Seth Laam with the same effect. Its just a really personal thing like, what is the best riding boot except more so.

Also tried a Kaw Touring Seat and it was the closest to this Sargent Low that I have. And a stock seat that was modded to lower it and get the rider to not roll forward. It was ok, but I did not like the seating material it was too sticky and never got around to covering it. Crap I need to find a home for that too!

Lemme know...

Heath Creek,

Looks like UPS is the best bet at $57.xx if I did it right. That is if I wrap it in a thick plastic bag and wrap it up a bunch with a label on it, like how tires are sent...

If you want to do it and also want the 3 shields, lemme know and I will figure out a better price for the whole deal.

Thanks!

I’ve been looking for a seat like this for a long time. My size, dimensions are exactly the same as yours and with my current seat I’m never as comfortable as I should be at stops.

I DON’T WANT TO BUMP ANYONE AHEAD OF ME, otherwise, I WANT IT IF STILL AVAILABLE. Let me know please.

Best to text or call me at 360.305.0109. I live in B’ham, WA.

ED

HeathCreek,

You are at the top of my list and please, I am ordering farkles for the new bike and my wife will want me to replace the funds with sold stuff I cannot use.

My son had a Corbin on his '15 Connie, we are about the same weight but he is 2" taller, go figure. I did not find his comfortable for my riding position and style. He says it worked well on long stretches but low speed handling was problematic compared to the stock seat. Also tried a Seth Laam with the same effect. Its just a really personal thing like, what is the best riding boot except more so.

Also tried a Kaw Touring Seat and it was the closest to this Sargent Low that I have. And a stock seat that was modded to lower it and get the rider to not roll forward. It was ok, but I did not like the seating material it was too sticky and never got around to covering it. Crap I need to find a home for that too!

Lemme know...

I will buy the seat and one Cee Bailey, please! Give me some advice on which one, means we are the same size and all. How do you want to proceed?

Heath Creek,

Thank you! They have to go in two pieces of course. Seat is $250 +$57= $307. I will Pick the best of the two standard Cee Baileys and send that to you. For that shield it is $100 + $65. = 165. The total is is $472. shipping in a box and padded. Do you want the 1911 magazine carrier in the seat storage spot? Either is fine I can pull it out or leave it in, your choice.

Please send the funds to my PayPal: cloudofsparrowsdesign@gmail.com. Name is Bob Gilbert, phone is: 425.246.9789

Thanks much! I will get them ready to go.

I’ve been looking for a seat like this for a long time. My size, dimensions are exactly the same as yours and with my current seat I’m never as comfortable as I should be at stops.

I DON’T WANT TO BUMP ANYONE AHEAD OF ME, otherwise, I WANT IT IF STILL AVAILABLE. Let me know please.

Best to text or call me at 360.305.0109. I live in B’ham, WA.

ED
Ed, Heath Creek was a bit faster on the keyboard, but if things do not work out, you are next in line. I will reply to your note either way so you don't have to wonder. Bellingham would have been an easier delivery...

Take care!

Heath Creek,

Thank you! They have to go in two pieces of course. Seat is $250 +$57= $307. I will Pick the best of the two standard Cee Baileys and send that to you. For that shield it is $100 + $65. = 165. The total is is $472. shipping in a box and padded. Do you want the 1911 magazine carrier in the seat storage spot? Either is fine I can pull it out or leave it in, your choice.

Please send the funds to my PayPal: cloudofsparrowsdesign@gmail.com. Name is Bob Gilbert, phone is: 425.246.9789

Thanks much! I will get them ready to go.

Funds sent, my friend. Shipping details should be included with the Paypal transaction. Let me know. Do you think we should insure it?

Heath Creek,

I will insure it on our behalf. It is Friday, I am heading out of town for the weekend and will be back on Sunday so will get the items out to you on Monday or no later than Tuesday for sure, OK? I will send you the tracking info once they are at the UPS office.

Also, the hooks that hold the seat to the bike. I am going to remove them and put them in the windshield box in a padded bag since they are sharp and I don't want them to pierce the plastic wrap, just so you know.

Thanks much!

Bob Gilbert

Heath Creek,

I will insure it on our behalf. It is Friday, I am heading out of town for the weekend and will be back on Sunday so will get the items out to you on Monday or no later than Tuesday for sure, OK? I will send you the tracking info once they are at the UPS office.

Also, the hooks that hold the seat to the bike. I am going to remove them and put them in the windshield box in a padded bag since they are sharp and I don't want them to pierce the plastic wrap, just so you know.

Thanks much!

Bob Gilbert
That sounds great, Bob. Thank you!