• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Save the Date SW Regional

OMoaC

Sept. 16,17,18 2016. So far we've been to Cedar City UT., Prescott AZ., Graeagle CA., Cortez CO., and Yreka CA.. So now were heading back...To Cedar City Utah! We are working on the event posting and finalizing lodging now. I checked with the Town and Country we stayed at before but found the rates a bit high. We've found a place at the south end of town that is currently being renovated at a much better rate. We will be following the Yreka model for a no cost rally. No reg fee's. Tshirts may be sold preorder only at cost. No Swag Bags, Badges, Banners, Stickies and no printed route maps. We have contacted the dutch oven folks that catered the last RRR for bids. The banquet will be provided for members and a small price for non members TBD. Registration will be REQUIRED for planning and insurance purposes. I'd really like the Members feed back on this. Which type do you prefer? Stay tuned to this thread when we get the calendar set and finalize these last few details. If you missed the first don't miss the return. Can we call this the quad R now? Return to Red Rock and Rally?
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

No Stickies? Oh man...  never really liked 'em, but I've grown accustomed to the ones you've made. I need more for my windshield.  ;D

Swag bag? Yeah, no brainer since most of it gets tossed anyway.

Badges? Got a half dozen, I'll bring my own.

Banner? Meh. Only if it's given away as a door prize at the end of the rally.

Maps? Don't we all have GPS nowadays?

But no Stickies?  :(

No Stickies? Oh man...  never really liked 'em, but I've grown accustomed to the ones you've made. I need more for my windshield.  ;D

Right! Them little things are like crack. The first one is free  :)) I may reconsider for you JP :beerchug: Good point about the badge holder though. BYOBH/lanyard (Bring Your Own Badge Holder) and mayhap we can have an insert made.  :great:

Finally the dates are official!  Now I can plan all my vacation time at work!

I'm in!

:great:

Hummm.... I have a few routes in mind one close to 400 if I remember right? So 3 days huh?

im in. I like the low cost rally, great food and fun. I would order a t shirt. let me know if I can be any help

Forgot to say I'm up for whatever level of rally is planned.  If low cost, I'd buy a t-shirt.

Anyone gonna ride through Death Valley on the way there or back?

Dagnabit!  My vaca time is booked from here on out.  Unless I can come down with an extended illness, I'll have to pass on the RRRII.

I sure liked the first one, I'll see if I can fit this one in too!!!

:)

Sounds great. Now I have an incentive to get to work on my bike. I've ridden in that area in years past; some great roads and parks to see.
Got it marked on my calendar, just gotta' get a "kitchen pass". Present situation doesn't allow that discussion just yet [ family member killed April 1 in a motorcycle accident].

Sincere condolences. It creates extra pressure for you as everyone is now worried about you as well.  Hang in there.

Heck, depending on what is going on, I might just ride back out west to attend. I have three irons in the fire that need to cool before I can commit to the gypsy life, and not sure yet how long they will take to cool.

I'm in.

Looking forward to riding new roads in an area new to me and meeting a few more COGgers.

(photo by Stubby, stolen (linked to) from the 2013 Cedar City RRR thread - it's not mine)

DSCN1146-M.jpg

Have the caterer locked down. Rays dutch oven from the 1st event. He did a great job and his stuff was MYT TAST (Mighty Tastey). Should have the lodging locked up by this weekend. Calendar posting in the next few weeks.
C U in CC for the RRR Part Duex
Mark

MikeB said:
notsluggo said:
Unless I can come down with an extended illness, I'll have to pass on the RRRII.

I can arrange that.  >:D
Go fund me account for a non debilitating disease lasting 3 to 5 days for a CO Bruce? Hmmmmmmmmm......... Well, maybe the great parking lot prankster may not strike this year?

Old Man on a Connie said:
MikeB said:
notsluggo said:
Unless I can come down with an extended illness, I'll have to pass on the RRRII.

....maybe the great parking lot prankster may not strike this year?

For the life of me, I don't know where you ever got the idea that I was the heated-grips-knob prankster.  There were two other Bruces there - and each carried a similar sophomoric mind-set!

notsluggo said:
MikeB said:
notsluggo said:

....maybe the great parking lot prankster may not strike this year?

For the life of me, I don't know where you ever got the idea that I was the heated-grips-knob prankster.  There were two other Bruces there - and each carried a similar sophomoric mind-set!
:)) :)) :)) If the glove fits you must..............no wait, that doesn't rhyme. Let me work on that.

Since I will be in full gypsy mode by then, and my V A fight over back pay will be over, I am very likely to attend. I'll try to pay attention to when its time to register.

Good seeing SW people at Bun Cooler so far this weekend. Wish the beard would grow faster.  :rotflmao:

Sorry Folks. Got wrapped up in other stuff. Thanks for the reminder  :great:
Here's what I've got. Lodging is open for reservation. The 3 room typres as I understand them are standard, Pool View and Pool side.
Arrival
Friday 9/16/16
King Beds - 10, 3 room types
Two Queen beds - 30, 3 room types
Departure Sunday 9/18/16
Stratford Court Hotel
18 S Main Street
Cedar City, Utah 84720
Reservations call: 435-586-2433
stratfordcourthotel@gmail.com
They have more rooms available if needed. This property is at the south end of town. Mention Concours Owners Group with the dates for the rate. I hope to have this on the calendar soon.

I'm in.  So are my friends J & R.

One minor complaint:  When R called to reserve a room, the person on duty today (Sat.) had no clue about Concours Owners Group and said he had to "email the manager".  WTF?  Now when I called, I got someone who knew what was going on, so maybe I called during the week?

He's gonna call Monday and try again, but maybe OMoaC needs to call and straighten them out.  ;D

When I booked yesterday Daniel was able to look it up on the computer system no problem (but little slow).  Newer person maybe?

50 miles from my house....I think I can make this one..duh. Hell yes!! I put 250 miles on my bike up there today. Beautiful ride with temperatures in the 80's on the hill but 90's in downtown Cedar City. 102 by the time I got home in St. George. Yikkees.. In September though Cedar City should be mid 70's to low 80's so no problem. See you guys there.

Hey JR,

I don't believe their is camping at the Stratford Court itself but 1.5 miles north, also in Cedar City itself is a KOA.

Stratford to KOA

I don't know of any camping specific plans and we'll need to get that info from the planners - who are at the National so may take a few days.

Be great if you can make it!

KOA would be fine. Run With The Wolf ends 11th so I'd have to roll with the wind to make it. Gonna provisionally plan on it. Even though right now I can't see more than a week ahead.

Gumby said:
Booked the room and registered. See y'all in September.

JLo wants a t-shirt. ::)
Kewl. Gonna bring the wing?  :)) I'll figure out a shirt for JLo  :great: :beerchug:

Kewl. Gonna bring the wing?  :)) I'll figure out a shirt for JLo  :great: :beerchug:
I'll work on Jay, he just might be ready for a good ride on the Wing by September.

Don't put yourself out on the shirt thing, that women has enough clothes! 

Gumby said:
I'll work on Jay, he just might be ready for a good ride on the Wing by September.

I am still waiting for No Sac Left Behind.. Yreka Ca 2015 tshirt :D :beerchug:

Texaz said:
New member here.  Is anybody traveling up to Cedar City from the PHX area?

Texaz, i live in Tucson and will be heading up, possibly with a few others. I'll keep in touch as it gets closer and let you know what the plans are.  Dan

Jlo said:
Gumby said:

Chica, That s some funny Shiite there. Gimme a design and let's C. I lost like 6 bucks in that damn pool.  ;)

Jlo said:
Gumby said:

Chica, That s some funny Shiite there. Gimme a design and let's C. I lost like 6 bucks in that damn pool.  ;)

I will start working on it..  Yes you lost a few quarters but made for cheap entertainment.. :D :beerchug:

Jlo said:
Jlo said:
Gumby said:

I will start working on it..  Yes you lost a few quarters but made for cheap entertainment.. :D :beerchug:
Tis True.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6UQXx98KU

WANDRNG said:
Gumby said:
WANDRNG said:
Arrive Friday 9/16/2016 -- Depart Sunday 6/18/2016  :017:

:beerchug:
The rally central hotel has a Hot Tub Time Machine.

Hey WANDRNG you still looking for a long ride for Friday? I know some sweet side routes to Mikes loop that I led a group on last time down there. Could make it down there in time to show you if your a wanting too?

Stubby said:
Hey WANDRNG you still looking for a long ride for Friday? I know some sweet side routes to Mikes loop that I led a group on last time down there. Could make it down there in time to show you if your a wanting too?

Hey Stubby - I probably won't be making it in early as I may join a couple of riders make their way from the coast and their plan is to arrive 5 ish on Friday. I'll keep you posted.

CCRRRII T-Shirts Now Available

Orders must be placed on or before August 29, 2016

Since the rally is free, the shirts must be purchased separately. They are offered at cost. No one is making money.
Details and ordering: www.wanderingbackroads.com/cedarcity/

Hanes Beefy T in Smoke Gray with a large full color back graphic and a left pocket COG logo graphic on front. This is a high quality 100% preshrunk, 6.1oz heavyweight T-shirt. Made with ringspun cotton for added strength and softness. graphics front and back are added using a full color digital printing system allowing for detail and unlimited colors.

Available in sizes Small to 3X

• We need a minimum order of 15 and the price goes down a bit with each extra shirt. The savings will be passed on to you.
  • All orders will be delivered at the RRR on Friday (we will not ship)
  • There may be a couple of extra available after the cut off date - but don't count on it.
  • You must pay for the shirts in advance. They are not included in the regisration (since it's a free rally)
  • The shirt mockups pictured are close but not exact. There may be some slight differences between the finished product and what you see on this page.

Great Job Keith and thank you. This is true, these are being sold at cost. I will be buying one. If we can get the sell over the 20 price break let's get 1 for Burkey!  :beerchug:

The 2016 shirt is based on Mike's awesome original design! He did a great job originally.

Great looking shirt....I will need to get one to go with my Original shirt!

Great job putting this together!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :great:

Folks Pleeze Pleeze Pleeze make sure you register for this event. We need to plan for the banquet dinner. I DO NOT want to miss someone that has not registered. Help us help you!  :great:

Red Rock 'n Rally T-shirts now available in 4X and 5X

But only in a Heather Gray 70% Cotton, 30% Polyester Blend shirt. It's a lighter slightly textured gray compared to the Smoke Gray of the all cotton for other sizes. They are on the order form.
[size=8pt](If someone want to change there order to go up a size let me know)

Size/Order Form: http://wanderingbackroads.com/cedarcity/[/size]

I just saw this and will be in PHX on the 13th getting repairs done on my toy hauler. I could unload the bike and leave my rig there. PM me. Let's see if we can work something out.