• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Scheduling calendar events

danodemotoman

COG# 2877 WAAAD
Have been a WAAAD for 20 some years and have scheduled NW area rides in the calendar.
I don't see that I can add to the NW schedule with new forum.

Yep - right now there is no way for AAD's and even AD's to add an event. The system is only a day old. The event system operates on the back end drastically differently. We have to make some code level modifications to get all the features we want. The are a few worker bees coming up with best practices to make sure everything works every time (like the mini-calendars). They will create instructions and probably a touch for training for those that will be adding events, just to keep it all consistent.

For now, if you or any other Member has an event you would like posted to the calendar - I will be happy to personally add it, while the worker bees get the process established for all. Just send me the title, dates, photos and text as you want it and I'll get it up there.

Just roll over my robot avatar and click start conversation and you can send me your event details in private.

Have an amazing day.

Last edited:
Along these same lines, is there a way to see who is registered for an event? We've got one coming up this weekend, and I would like to get a head count before hitting the road.

Along these same lines, is there a way to see who is registered for an event? We've got one coming up this weekend, and I would like to get a head count before hitting the road.
So far none on the new site, but its only been a day :) I'll get you a report from memberize and DM it.

And when someone registers for an event here on the new site, they will be listed (provided they gave permission) on the events calendar details page.
you can see an example on the Spider Ride event page as someone signed up for that ride today - look in the left column for registrants

OK Thanks for fast response.
No events yet.
Hey Dan. No problem.

Did you send me some info to post up? I'm not sure if you meant you hadn't sent it, or I hadn't added it yet. And I haven't seen a message with details.

Thanks

How does a person register for an event? I was just looking at the listing for Ride the Ribbon, and I couldn't find anything that would allow a person to register. I'll follow that by saying I frequently don't see what's right in front of me, so I probably just need a few hints about what to look for.

On the left hand side of the event page you should see Register, click on that and proceed

Attachments

• cog.JPG
    cog.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 126