• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Screw Size

Shoegoo

Does anyone know the screw size that holds the throttle body butterfly in place? Maybe a possible source. Its for a 2008 C14 ABS.

M3 x .5.
I bought 8mm long. They stick thru about 1mm.
Flange head, socket head. Couldn't find a Phillips head large enough in dia to use without a washer. The Allen socket seems small but I got them tight enough so that when removing them that they made a snapping sound. Final install was with red loctite.
From mcmaster carr.
This is for the secondary butterflies. I assume the primaries would be the same.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I started looking around the house and found screw on an old CD drive that fits. Its long and doesn't have a flange so I'll check out McMaster.

M3 x .5.
I bought 8mm long. They stick thru about 1mm.
Flange head, socket head. Couldn't find a Phillips head large enough in dia to use without a washer. The Allen socket seems small but I got them tight enough so that when removing them that they made a snapping sound. Final install was with red loctite.
From mcmaster carr.
This is for the secondary butterflies. I assume the primaries would be the same.

Checking the size. Are you sure its M3 x .5 , I'm looking at sizes and believe its probably M3.5. M3 x .5 not showing up in McMaster.

1640621079662.png
These have been holding my butterflies since 2015. But you can believe what you want.

Attachments

• 20211227_105519[3989].jpg
    20211227_105519[3989].jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 108