• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Scuff Protectors for C1400?

rtk1958

Hey All,

My 2010 Concours 1400 is just 2 weeks old now and there is already significant scuff marks showing on each side of the faring where my knees touch while riding.  The textile on my riding pants is a little on the abrasive side.

Anyone know where I can find some scuff protectors of some kind? 

Thanks in advance,
Todd

I bought clear 3M adhesive paint protector film on ebay.  I cut it myself to the shape I wanted.  It was pretty cheap compared to the precut kits.  I used it to protect the top of my saddle bags.  Works well for me.

For the tank and fairing - Tech Spec snake skins.  Looks nice too.  For the bags - 3M film professionally installed and learn to mount the bike like a horse.  I bought the one's Kawasaki sells as an accessory and paid a tint shop to install them.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/products/st_kawasaki.html, p/n 62-2500SS
Kawasaki saddlebag guards p/n 079TPT-0006