• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seattle International Motorcycle Show

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
The 2011 Seattle International Motorcycle Show is Dec. 16th, 17th & 18th.  It's in the Convention Center this year, where the fourteen dollar parking fee is one dollar less than the entry fee.  Another place to park is only ten dollars :a102:, but if you ride a motorcycle in you park for free in the Convention Center garage.  If COG members want to get in to the show for free, we have a few time slots available.  Follow this link for more details.
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,30618.0.html
Saturday at noon we'll be doing lunch at Von's Roast House on Pine Street between 6th & 7th Avenues http://vonsroasthouse.com/menu.html
Come joins us.

I was posting this as an event to the calendar.  Can someone help me understand why it is a new thread in "Forum Rules"?

Charlie, Don't waste your time posting in the forum event calender. I don't think most of the folks can see it anyway. If you want to post in on the COG calender, go to the cog-online calender, and post it there. I'll move this to an events section on the forum.

Cap'n Bob said:
Charlie, Don't waste your time posting in the forum event calender. I don't think most of the folks can see it anyway. If you want to post in on the COG calender, go to the cog-online calender, and post it there. I'll move this to an events section on the forum.

Bob,
  That's where I usually do it, but this time I figured I'd try one more place.  That'll teach me.

Looking at the Convention Center calendar, on the same Saturday as the Cycle Expo there is also the King Cty 2011 Annual Property Tax Foreclosure Auction auction going on in another part of the building and a seminar on  Evidence & Expert Testimony Best Practices. 

Choices Choices Choise.

The Dude said:
Looking at the Convention Center calendar, on the same Saturday as the Cycle Expo there is also the King Cty 2011 Annual Property Tax Foreclosure Auction auction going on in another part of the building and a seminar on  Evidence & Expert Testimony Best Practices. 

Choices Choices Choise.

Now I ain't no expert but it sounds like the best practice and choice for the County is to collect the evidence so it can be auctioned off!  I mean after all it is "King" County.

'As I recall' attending the MC show in 1999? it was at the Convention center on one  (3rd?) floor and other events were on another floor.

The Dude said:

Choices Choices Choise.

I was at the show last night.  The new venue's layout is much better the old facility.  The only thing missing were attendees.  Cycleworld did a great job of promoting but then they are in the publishing business. Seems that ever since Progressive took it over, promoting the show has become an afterthought.

The club connection is part of Allstates rider connection area.  The MSF schools took the counter facing the front doors.  We took the back counter which faces the area where they had rider talks and demonstrations.  This turned out to be a really good spot. At the conclusion of the each of demonstrations the audience would come over to our were COG was established. 

There were some very nice bikes. 

The show was quiet at times but last year at Quest it seemed lightly attended except for a few hours on saturday. It is tougher finding free car parknig than at Quest. A change of venue was nice though, what is difficult is predicting if it is safe enough to ride to the show because of the weather sometimes, especially if you live inland it can get icey. There were plenty of volunteer spots left. I am surprised no one else(other groups took advantage of this opportunity. Even Jack and his son(these are not the droids you are looking for) could have gotten stinkin' badges.  So what's next?  Anybody in the Montana area or so got any ideas. Maybe a new thread for weekend mini rallies after the 1st. There is a restaurant off 128th and I-5 in south Everett fot a New Year's ride if the weather is okay.

Saturday was better and had a good crowd.  The new venue is more spacious. Parking, for bikes, was free and plentiful.

Nice to see everyone at the luncheon.

A few pics of some of the COG volunteers at the Rider Connection desk
L-R Charlie Gary, Dan Paulsen, Roland Vetter, Dave
2540853890033639341S600x600Q85.jpg

Mitch Von
2902071920033639341S600x600Q85.jpg

Dan Paulsen
2173540990033639341S600x600Q85.jpg

Would be great to have some names to go with the faces in the photos above...