• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

See New Post For Beat The Summer Heat Social....

motocommuter

All, a new thread has been created for the Beat The Summer Heat Social, please post there.

http://forum.cog-online.org/southeast-events/beat-the-summer-heat-social-june-28-30-2019/

===========================

We have been holding this rally the end of July up at Iron Horse Resort, but this years National Rally is that week and it is considered bad form to hold a competing rally during the National rally. Plus many of us will be at the Nationals as well.

We did not want to push it into August as that is getting to close to RWTW, so we are considering holding this rally June 28 - 30, 2019. We have not contacted Iron Horse yet as we wanted to get a feel from the SE membership if the dates would work for most. If Iron Horse can't accommodate us, we could possibly could hold it at Blue Ridge MC. Another thought was to incorporated a tour at Barber MC Museum and have a host campground with in riding distance. But Alabama in the end of June is not necessarily "beating the summer heat".

So, what say you COG members??

1. June 28-30 Iron Horse Resort or Blue Ridge MC.
2. June 28-30 Barber with Camping with in riding distance.
3. Just skip it for 2019.

I advise to skip it.  Perhaps do a "non-rally rally" that's only a meet on Friday, ride on Saturday, go home on Sunday. No registration, no fees, just show up and hang out. Saves vacation time, saves money but still gets us out of the daily grind.

Ranger Jim said:
I advise to skip it.  Perhaps do a "non-rally rally" that's only a meet on Friday, ride on Saturday, go home on Sunday. No registration, no fees, just show up and hang out. Saves vacation time, saves money but still gets us out of the daily grind.

I like the non rally rally idea too.  I should be riding again by May so I am up for most any weekend gathering.  BRMC has quite a few bunkhouses for those that don't want to camp too and a restaurant on site. 

As far I know, those dates work and no, as fun as a Barber tour would be, that'd be more like "Embrace The Heat."

"Non-rally, rally"is ok with me.

Nothing wrong with a non-rally rally.

When we did the Kamping in the Keys a few years ago the only thing "organised" was the camp fire and I collected all of the camping fees as the KOA wanted one person to pay to get the non-profit discount.

Ok, the Beat the Heat “Social” will be June 28-30 2019. I’m up to moving it this year to BRMC. Not that I don’t like Iron Horse, but just for a change in scenery. Let me know your thoughts on changing it this year to BRMC.

MotoCommuter said:
Ok, the Beat the Heat “Social” will be June 27-30 2019. I’m up to moving it this year to BRMC. Not that I don’t like Iron Horse, but just for a change in scenery. Let me know your thoughts on changing it this year to BRMC.

You got my vote

Never been there but I've heard good things about it. I'll defer to you guys. Move it.

I'd suggest dropping back to 28-30, saves some folks a few $$.  Who's taking it on to put on the calendar and to define the Non-rally rally?

Ranger Jim said:
I'd suggest dropping back to 28-30, saves some folks a few $$.  Who's taking it on to put on the calendar and to define the Non-rally rally?

Ok, updated to June 28-30, 2019. I’ll take on the responsibility of being this years Beat The Summer Heat Social Director. I’ll call BRMC before I put it up just to let them know we will have a small group there.

ron203 said:
Never been there but I've heard good things about it. I'll defer to you guys. Move it.
You'll like it.

Iffn I go I'm surely gonna arrive a day or two before. Way cool riding in different directions.

SteveJ. said:
ron203 said:
You'll like it.

Iffn I go I'm surely gonna arrive a day or two before. Way cool riding in different directions.

Us as well, maybe Wednesday or Thursday so I can get a good spot by the river.

MotoCommuter said:
Ranger Jim said:

Ok, updated to June 28-30, 2019. I’ll take on the responsibility of being this years Beat The Summer Heat Social Director. I’ll call BRMC before I put it up just to let them know we will have a small group there.

Thanks Kurt, I'll be there for sure.

MotoCommuter said:

:great:  Y'all can help me celebrate my 70th birthday  :-\  on June 28th    Remember, no presents  needed  :))

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

:great:  Y'all can help me celebrate my 70th birthday  :-\  on June 28th    Remember, no presents  needed  :))
Awesome.

Edit to add: Yes, I misspeelded won werd.

I made the 1st. two, I'll plan to make this one also. Gotta be there to buy Jerry a beer anyway.  :beerchug:

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

We shall see.... >:D

Not sure if I can make it or not. Planning to ride the Trans-America Trail from the AR-OK border back to NC (Andrews, NC to be specific) during the two weeks prior.  :??:

Ranger Jim said:
Not sure if I can make it or not. Planning to ride the Trans-America Trail from the AR-OK border back to NC (Andrews, NC to be specific) during the two weeks prior.  :??:

Not to get off track here, the TAT crosses AR about 15 miles north of me. The TAT Shack is just a hour or so north west of here. Stopped by there a couple weeks ago for the 1st time.

Now back to our regular programming!  :)

Just Cliff said:
Ranger Jim said:

Not to get off track here, the TAT crosses AR about 15 miles north of me. The TAT Shack is just a hour or so north west of here. Stopped by there a couple weeks ago for the 1st time.

What programming?? This is a non-Rally rally page, after all!
We'll see about attendance. Have a bundle expected to arrive at my son's house in that time frame.....

Volcantour said:
Just Cliff said:
Ranger Jim said:

We'll see about attendance. Have a bundle expected to arrive at my son's house in that time frame.....

And that will happen regardless if your there or not.

MotoCommuter said:
Volcantour said:
Just Cliff said:
Ranger Jim said:

And that will happen regardless if your there or not.

You have now earned the right to explain that to my wife. Be ye glad you live at least an hour away.  :)

Well Tom. You are neither a doctor nor a trained mid-wife; even your ability to boil water and/or carry towels is somewhat suspect. You would (mostly) just be in the way.  :rotflmao: ;)

Ranger Jim said:
Well Tom. You are neither a doctor nor a trained mid-wife; even your ability to boil water and/or carry towels is somewhat suspect. You would (mostly) just be in the way.  :rotflmao: ;)

You are implying that logic is a consideration. You too may now have the same opportunity to explain this to my wife. Thank you so much.  Have your protective gear handy.

Volcantour said:
Ranger Jim said:

You are implying that logic is a consideration. You too may now have the same opportunity to explain this to my wife. Thank you so much.  Have your protective gear handy.

:popcorncouple:

Ranger Jim said:

Tom also brews up some decent beers, as do you. So there is that.  :beerchug: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Ranger Jim said:

Tom also brews up some decent beers, as do you. So there is that.  :beerchug: :beerchug:

There indeed is that. Five varieties on tap, three more in the works. Thirsty?

Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:
Ranger Jim said:

There indeed is that. Five varieties on tap, three more in the works. Thirsty?
Why yes, yes I am. It's a bit too brisk for this Flowriduh wimp to be riding up in that neck of the woods, though.  :'(

Well iml a little embarrassed, but as a newly transplanted yankee, can you tell me where iron horse and the blue ridge mc is located. 

konehead said:
Well iml a little embarrassed, but as a newly transplanted yankee, can you tell me where iron horse and the blue ridge mc is located.

Nothing to be embarrassed about (at least until you forget to put down the kickstand in front of a group...or do a bad job of telling a silly joke DAMHIK).

Iron Horse is located in Stecoah, NC (http://ironhorsenc.com/)
Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is in/near Cruso, NC (http://blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/index.htm)

There ya go...Google and learn, padawan...