• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sena SRL2 in Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet

motocommuter

Ok, so purchased a Shoei Neotec 2 helmet and was thinking about installing a Sena SRL2 which the two are made for each other. But, I spoke to Jerry H and he did not like how the SRL2 handled the connections to his Phone/SR10/GPS (I have a similar set up), he said it kept dropping the connections. I also just found out that you cannot recharge the SRL2 while in use (it will shut the unit down while charging), unlike the Sena 20 or SMH10. My Sena 20 only lasts 6 hours now but I just plug it into a battery pack and recharge while riding. The 20s started out lasting 10-12 hours but slowly started to last less and less, which is my concern with the SRL2, it might start out fine but slowly degrade.

So, for those that have a Shoei Neotec 2:

1. Do you use the SRL2 and if so, do you like it? Does the battery last all day?
2. If you use another Sena, which one and does it mount to the Neotec 2 in a convenient fashion as you have to mount it behind the built in SRL2 connection. Any issues?

Mark Cargile has a Sena 20 mounted to his neo tec 2, he name on this forum is Shredder if you want to drop him a note and ask questions, i plan on doing the same as he did!

I had the same short battery life on my Sena 20S and didn't want to upgrade just yet, so I found this YT link which shows how to replace the battery. Pretty easy to do => https://youtu.be/vzzTNr96BWA

Got tired of keeping the 20S connected in use while riding and now the battery life is back to normal at 12+ hrs with the new battery.

But that battery he links isn't available anymore, nor this one which I just bought.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0767CVZPX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The model # refers to the battery size, just find a similar battery with the correct dimensions and you should be good to go. I may get the NeoTec 2 soon or similar as my NeoTec 1 is showing signs & years of use. Whatever new helmet I get, I'm also going to get the new Sena 50S.

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I have the Neotech2 with the SRL and LOVE IT! 

No the battery does not last all day (but I ride long days sometimes).  When traveling solo, I will often plug in while riding.  Looks dorky, but works.  When traveling with the wife, we usually has more stops, so i will often charge at our stops.  Either wall plug if indoors, or I also take a battery pack.

I also have the Sena 30k.  But it is mounted on my 3/4 helmet.  Connects up just fine with either my SRL or wife's SRL.

The only SRL issue I have had is when I connected it bluetooth to my HD GPS.  But there is so much to unpack with that statement, I will just leave it alone ;)

On another note, the Shoei is the most comfortable helmet I have ever owned (Arai, Nolan, HJC, KBC, Bell).  Compared to a wired connection, the sound quality suffers, but cutting the cord is liberating.

I do have issues with mine  as long as the GPS isn't on works great  I should read the directions one day to see if I need to do something like what one to turn on first ect

We ended up getting the 30K dual pack,as my wife’s SMH10’s battery was lasting less then 6 hours. The SRL not being able to be used while charging was a no go for me.

Don, did you connect the GPS with the GPS pairing option? There is the second phone connection and then a GPS connection as well.

MotoCommuter said:
We ended up getting the 30K dual pack,as my wife’s SMH10’s battery was lasting less then 6 hours. The SRL not being able to be used while charging was a no go for me.

Don, did you connect the GPS with the GPS pairing option? There is the second phone connection and then a GPS connection as well.

Beats the hell out of me Kurt  I keep waiting to run into that special person.  When I was at your place last year I asked you about it :beerchug:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
MotoCommuter said:

Beats the hell out of me Kurt  I keep waiting to run into that special person.  When I was at your place last year I asked you about it :beerchug:

Don, when you were here I did not have a BT capable GPS so I did not know. Kay got me a Zumo 595LM for Christmas. Once I got it, I inquired with Jerry Holland who said there is a GPS connection option in the Sena 20s and up. So I checked the manual and low and be hold it does. There is the main phone pairing, second phone pairing (which you can pair a SM10 or SR10) and then a GPS pairing, so you can pair up to three devices to your Sena.

You may want to re-pair your GPS using the GPS option. Maybe that will correct the issues you are having.

I also have the 30k, but Sena is going to offer a 'buyback' upgrade to the 50s.    Anyone know anything else about this.  According to Sena that will occur next week.

Yea received the email about the trade-up. see image attachment. But I have a 20S which won't apply, so I bought the 50S anyway for the 2nd helmet for the wife.

Attachments

• tradeup.JPG
    tradeup.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 167