• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sequel to Faster due out soon... 'Fastest!'

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
For all you speed junkies out there, here's a link to a short piece on the new release, including the trailer embedded.  Looks pretty good, but of course it's being released in Europe/UK first; Lord only knows if/when we'll get to see it here stateside.  Still praying that TT 3D:Closer to the Edge will get here sometime- it's been out in the rest of the world since April.  :mad:

Enjoy!

tinyurl.com/6c6uv8e

Can't wait, Would love to see it on a big screen but I'm sure none of the theaters
around here would find it profitable.  :'(

Oh well I'll just get the DVD when it's available.

By special arrangement Fastest will be shown at the Harvest Classic European & Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Luckenbach, Texas this Saturday night (October 22, 2011).

It'll be displayed on the amazing Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow outdoor big-screen (it's like a portable drive-in theater!)
& sound system.

WOW .... as if the Harvest Classic charity rally event alone wasn't enough!

8)

:whoo: the dvd for fastest showed up in today's mail. I guess I was
one of the first 100 to order so I got the free sound track cd too.
I just need to make some popcorn later and listen to the big boys
make some serious noise :motonoises:

Mine came today too!  But, I'm not opening it- I'll let the wife wrap it for Christmas since we're on a tighter gift budget than usual this year.  I'll just have to listen to you guys talk all about it and salivate for a few weeks.  ::)

On the other hand, now I have something to look forward to on Christmas. :111:

Krumgrinder,

I did watch it already but didn't want to say anything because I knew you were saving
yours for Christmas. I think I need to watch it again before I post a review  :motonoises:

I think you'll like it  ;)

That's OK, I don't mind a little anticipation... I tend to put stuff I'm looking forward to out of my mind- so time flies by and then it's a quasi-surprise when the day arrives.  But, I appreciate the consideration!  Good to hear you enjoyed it.  >:D

**CONTAINS SPOILERS AND MY OWN QUESTIONABLE MOVIE REVIEW SKILLS**
(You've been warned, and it's been two months since the release, so no complaining now.  ;D)

OK, finally got my neighbor (former 125cc USGPRU racer himself) over on a night we both had free to see the new flick.  While we both enjoyed it, I don't think it was quite as well done as 'Faster'.  I purposefully did not read the SuperbikePlanet review for which Peter posted the link until after seeing the movie, and while I think the reviewer is a bit harsh, I do generally agree with him on most points.  Especially given Rossi's troubles with the Duc this season, and Stoner's/Honda's flat-out domination of most races, the implications 'Fastest' makes about Lorenzo, Stoner and others seem all the more ridiculous.

With all that said, the footage is awesome, and the interviews with all the riders really make them more real and human.  I gotta say I must be getting a little spoiled by the HD camera coverage and cable transmission of the (televised) races these past couple seasons, because the film just didn't wow me the way 'Faster' did way back.  I think Neale is going to need to revisit his storytelling technique from 'Faster', and up his game a bit technologically if he decides to continue documenting the series and riders- which I certainly hope he will.

Hi Krumgrinder,

I've watched it twice so far and it got a little better the second time around. I do think
your right and that "Faster" was better (I still watch it at least 3 times a year). I also
hope that Neale keeps following MotoGP and does another film with some improvements,
He needs to document how the CRT's fair against the factory prototypes  :motonoises:
Please keep Ewan as the narrator though.

I'm sure I'll watch both movies a few times each this coming year and I'll pray for a third
installment which will be even better then the first two  :)