• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoodaben Engineering ECU flashing at the National?

DoerOfThings

Former COG IT manager #10111
Hey Steve, I got that email you sent me.

So... are you going to be flashing @ the national?

Mike, Steve said a while back that he will be flashing ECU's in Helen. But, he won't be riding with us. He and his wife were planning on making the trip together in their car. Of course, his plans can change, but that's the last I remember him saying.

Yes, I'll be flashing C-14 ECU's at the National. I have some equipment I need to bring, so either  Daytona Mike will shuttle it up for me in the car and I'll ride the bmw up with my wife, OR I'll bring it myself and  I'll trailer the 14. I just don't want to take a chance with the equipment in the bike... the amount of time I have invested is all memorialised in my laptop, I could lose a year's worth of work.  :-\

I will be flashing bikes with stock and slipon exhausts, as well as those with AreaP exhausts. If you have something other than that, we can try  the files I have to see if one works better.

I will also be doing a tech session on tuning and flashing; I think this is the best opportunity to learn about tuning / flashing before you drop those $$$s.

If you are planning to have me flash your ecu, PLEASE POST IT HERE. I need to have key rights to access the ecu, and have to pre-purchase them. 

Finally, I will also be giving away a flash, or a few, as prizes. Because of things I've seen at Nationals in the past from winners who didn't want what they won, or sold it to someone else, etc, I'm doing this differently. I'm going to refund the purchase price to the winner. Anyone who attends the National and has already purchased a flash, or has me flash on site will be included in the drawing. There will definitely be at least one winner, and depending on how many I flash at the national, there could be as many as 2-3-4.  I think this is a good way to "give back" to those COG members who are supporting COG and Shoodaben Engineering.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there -  :motonoises: :motonoises:  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
...Finally, I will also be giving away a flash, or a few, as prizes. Because of things I've seen at Nationals in the past from winners who didn't want what they won, or sold it to someone else, etc, I'm doing this differently. I'm going to refund the purchase price to the winner. Anyone who attends the National and has already purchased a flash, or has me flash on site will be included in the drawing. There will definitely be at least one winner, and depending on how many I flash at the national, there could be as many as 2-3-4.  I think this is a good way to "give back" to those COG members who are supporting COG and Shoodaben Engineering...

Excellent system. Ensures the ones who actually use it can benefit...

Wish I could take the time to be there...

Jamie

Hey Steve -

Count me in for a flash at the rally.  My C-14 has a Delkevic slip on, but is otherwise stock.  See you in Helen!

Mark

I was originally going to wait until the National to get flashed. But now that I enjoy the flash and know what it can do, I'm glad to have it on the way down. It will be all smiles ripping though PA,MD,VA,WV,KY,TN, and GA on the way down. :motonoises: So unless you can't ship or can't remove the ECU there would be no advantage to waiting until the National?

Put me on the list Steve. 2014, bone stock. Decel Flash w/speed limiter removed, if possible (just for the helluva it.)  :motonoises:

I don't know how you're scheduling, so let me know. BTW-what are "key rights?"

Thanks,
Ron

Software licenses and keys were always are out of control, and are now spreading to devices like IP cameras, and hardware operating on a network.  Can you imagine if you buy a door, and then the company puts a contraption on it that charges you every time it opens and closes?  When the license expires, the door no longer works.  :mad:

Once or twice a year I suffer some type of outage or project delay that is caused just by a vendor screwing up their license key system.  :mad:  :mad:

I have a Green 2015 that needs Flashed at the Rally as well.
My reservations are confirmed and vacation covered. We will be there!

My 2009 had a Guhl flash and stock ain't cutting it. My wife told me that she is "pretty sure I can take you on that C-14"

HELP!!!  She rides a Ninja 1000 with Yoshimura slip-ons  :-\

2015 C-14 with Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-on. Want Enhanced Decel Flash please.

Reading that Canadian Customs thread I am thinking there should be a parade down I 75 from the border to take advantage of this service.

Steve.  I KNOW you have done it, but buy a damn pocket drive and backup at least weekly.

In my business the patrol guys dash cam and body cam are written to two separate drives at end of shift.  All of MY data. From uof investigations, training files and swat call outs is backed up on two drives at the office and one personal drive.   

Went to a training assignment once last year.  Show up and plug the pocket drive in......  Drive was fried.  Thankfully I backed up that course on a thumb drive before leaving.  Plugged in the thumb drive and taught without issue.

Icloud and the like are options...... Call me old fashioned but I like backups I can hold

Have a great time at nationals!

I'm reminded of two sayings from the world of tech.

[list type=decimal]
[*]If it's not in three places, it doesn't exist
[*]paranoia isn't just your friend, it's your only friend.
[/list]

take this free advice for whatever you think it's worth.

Shawn said:
Steve, please put me on the list....'14 with two brothers slip-on.  Thanks!!

Same for me Steve.
Looking to have the Decel flash for my 2009 C14 with two brothers slip-on.

18 ECU's flashed at the National. It was very gratifying to see folks come back from their first ride in the twisties with big smiles ang great stories. We had a nice Tech Session, too. I'd also like to give a huge THANK YOU to Mike Dionne "Daytona Mike" for helping me in all aspects of pulling and reinstalling ECU's and getting the line stacked up. I'd like to thank my wife too, as she probably didn't get the "vacation" she hoped for but took it all in stride Thanks Everyone!  :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:  Steve