• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoodaben Engineering's LOCKDOWN FLASH SALE!

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
      50.00 off on all Concours 14 flashes!

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Steve

Yahoooo!!
Err,,, uh,,, oops,,,,
    Just realized; I already have one.  {drat}  :-[

Ya'll get em' while their cheap!!

Ride safe, Ted

Christmas in April! Thought i would have to wait a year to save $50 ;) Too bad it [the April Christmas] comes along with all the other crap currently going on.

So before I head into my nice, warm 40* garage to pull out my ECU could you explain the ramifications of flashing it with your Mtn Runner flash on a C 14 that is still under factory warranty. I have a 2017
purchased new in Nov of 2018 with less than a 1,000 miles on it. I plan on purchasing the Kaw extended warranty before the 3 year factory warranty runs out.  So any idea what happens if an engine related problem occurs. Can or will the dealer discover the flash? Does it make a difference as to warranty coverage?

I would suspect that if a repair has nothing to do with the engine [brakes, abs  controller, gauges, etc.] Kaw could not legally denied a warranty claim, but as to engine related problems I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts on this or actual experience? Thanks   

1) Why wait? Buy the extended warranty now.

2) Dealers can't see if the bike was flashed...
        So, not a problem...

Ride safe, Ted

WFL said:
Christmas in April! Thought i would have to wait a year to save $50 ;) Too bad it [the April Christmas] comes along with all the other crap currently going on.

So before I head into my nice, warm 40* garage to pull out my ECU could you explain the ramifications of flashing it with your Mtn Runner flash on a C 14 that is still under factory warranty. I have a 2017
purchased new in Nov of 2018 with less than a 1,000 miles on it. I plan on purchasing the Kaw extended warranty before the 3 year factory warranty runs out.  So any idea what happens if an engine related problem occurs. Can or will the dealer discover the flash? Does it make a difference as to warranty coverage?

I would suspect that if a repair has nothing to do with the engine [brakes, abs  controller, gauges, etc.] Kaw could not legally denied a warranty claim, but as to engine related problems I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts on this or actual experience? Thanks 

Dealers can't see it, but more importantly I have flashed just shy of 1000 concours (this sale is going over 1000) and there's never been an engine related failure. I tune, but not to grenade your engine. Steve

Steve, I've got one complaint. You flashed my old Decel flash (circa 2015 to Mtn Runner) last month and now every time I ride it, I can't seem to keep it under 80 on my local roads and have a weird grin on my face. Help!    ;)

Well done, sir!

HI STEVE, thanks for checking in on my question. I didn't mean to imply that your flash would damage the engine, I was actually thinking of a mechanical manufacturing defect on  the part of Kaw in regard to an engine problem. However if the dealer can't "see" the flash then obviously the dealer could not wiggle out of a warranty claim by claiming that your flash had some how caused the engine problem/damage.  By the way i was thinking last night how much insurance should one purchase on the shipment of the ECU when sending it down to FL? I get the impression replacement ECUs are expensive! Thanks 

RyanP said:
What is considered the Classic Flash these day?

as of current; Mountain Runner is the base flash, based on the prior
Classic, the EVO, and also the Decell enhanced baseline..

so, Mountain Runner is newest based flash.. designed for 89 octane.. great improvement over anything prior, and still allows great decell ..

It is followed by the next tier, Mountain Runner Premium, which is a bit more "spicey", but does require running 91 or better octane, to allow full hard runs above "half throttle" : note tho, in an emergency, i.e. you are in b.f.e. and can't get 91, simply resist from "max throttle" and all will be fine until you can add some octane booster, or replace with full 91 or greater.. I have this flash, it is an amazing piece of work, and I have 92 everywhere around me for hundreds of miles..

Top Performance is the "Hammer" flash, designed for all out "rear tire removal", it also requires 91+ octane, but is soo close to the MRP flash, you likely will never see the difference, unless you are truely racing this bike hard... The Hammer also has reduced "engine braking" effect, which the MRP has proven desirable when in mountains, and relying on the engine to slow you down..

meantime, read about them..
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

also this...
http://forum.cog-online.org/shoodaben-engineering/mountain-runner-flash-dumb-question-octane/

:great: :motonoises:

I'm certainly up for better power delivery and smoother overall rideability, but can anyone specifically comment on how Steve's flashes alter the overall engine operating temps and fan cycling?

I've learned to compensate for the stock Kawi's ECU shortfalls to the point of debating dropping the money for quite some time.  But after the last road trip to Central Valley area CA, the temps had the Kawi fan on all the time, and me just cursing under my breath at how hot the bike runs thanks to the ambient temperature during the heat spell.

...thanks in advance.

And btw, I'm pretty much about to pull the trigger anyway!

just do it.. :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I did mine just prior to the National last year.. I rode in 95* temps all day, there and back.. and my bike's temps were pretty much the lowest I had seen, not to mention I jumped up in mpg, by a HUGE amount.

MRP man.. MRP...

RyanP said:
Steve said the Classic is now the Hammer

The hammer started with the classic flash - My updated original flash from 5 years ago - And then vvt changes were made for even more power.

Just as an FYI... My original flash and the flashes it inspired lack any help with the engine braking via the secondary throttle controls.

When I first released that flash 5 years ago, it was the COG guys who wanted more engine braking for mountainous riding and better throttle control, and that's why the Mountain Runner flashes exist. It was strictly as a response to what riders want. Being in Florida, I would not have naturally developed the Mountain Runner flashes, Because flat Florida just doesn't need  it.  However  I'm thankful that the COG guys pushed me to do so, because my customers now have CHOICES and are't stuck with a single flash because it's all I think you would ever need.
  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
RyanP said:
Steve said the Classic is now the Hammer

The hammer started with the classic flash - My updated original flash from 5 years ago - And then vvt changes were made for even more power.

Just as an FYI... My original flash and the flashes it inspired lack any help with the engine braking via the secondary throttle controls.

When I first released that flash 5 years ago, it was the COG guys who wanted more engine braking for mountainous riding and better throttle control, and that's why the Mountain Runner flashes exist. It was strictly as a response to what riders want. Being in Florida, I would not have naturally developed the Mountain Runner flashes, Because flat Florida just doesn't need  it.  However  I'm thankful that the COG guys pushed me to do so, because my customers now have CHOICES and are't stuck with a single flash because it's all I think you would ever need.
  Steve

...and us "mountain hoodgers" like it! Well done.