• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoodaben Engineering's UPDATE / UPGRADE / EXCHANGE policy

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
    Although I have been effecting this policy for more than 2 years, most folks don't seem to know about it, so let's get the word out!

My flashes have been available as of this writing, for 3 years. I have continued to develop new tuning strategies and my current flashes are the best I have ever offered. I appreciate my customers, and want y'all to have the most up to date flash available. To that end I offer updates and upgrades to the original purchaser.

I define an "update" as a previously released flash that is being "freshened up" with meaningful new features.

I define an "upgrade" as a new flash that is almost completely different from the flash you currently have.

I define "exchanges" as changing the flash you originally chose for another available at the same time.

UPDATES are FREE just pay the cost of shipping, generally 25.00.

UPGRADES are 75.00, and include shipping.

EXCHANGES are FREE ONE TIME, just pay the cost of shipping, generally 25.00

Current available updates for  :  FULL AREA P EXHAUST FLASH

the Original Flash  can update to THE CLASSIC

Current available upgrades for the Original, Decel and Evolution flashes would be MOUNTAIN RUNNER, CLASSIC, or THE FULL AREA P SYSTEM flashes.

Current exchanges would be between MOUNTAIN RUNNER and CLASSIC.

If you are not the original purchaser, but wish to upgrade or update your current flash, contact me.

Please visit my website, Shoodaben Engineering, for more details and contact information.

Thanks for all your support!

Steve

Hey Steve, still lovin' my decel flash...it came in handy once again on the BTH trip! :motonoises: :great:

I'll send ya PM about an upgrade.

Hi Steve, I have your Mountain Runner flash on my 16 Connie. How much to do the same on my 08 which is giving me some issues with the secondary flies?

speedracersworld said:
Hi Steve, I have your Mountain Runner flash on my 16 Connie. How much to do the same on my 08 which is giving me some issues with the secondary flies?

Email me at Steve at shoodabenengineering dot com and we'll discuss the options. Thanks, steve

The Decel flash you did for me was great.  :) Its a way more fun now than from original.

Thanks again

Jeff Barrett

Hi Steve. Couple years back you flashed my 2013 C14. At the moment its in for repair. Just under $4900 damage to the main wiring harness, several sub harnesses and other components. On my lsat visit to check on progress they mentioned they would get it running and check for possible computer damage to ECU. What are the possible damages and could it need to be re flashed if they do anything to it?

the
Hi Steve. Couple years back you flashed my 2013 C14. At the moment its in for repair. Just under $4900 damage to the main wiring harness, several sub harnesses and other components. On my lsat visit to check on progress they mentioned they would get it running and check for possible computer damage to ECU. What are the possible damages and could it need to be re flashed if they do anything to it?

The dealership has no access to the level the flash is in. As far as they are concerned, either the ecu works or it doesn't. Used ECU's are cheap on ebay, or if this is an insurance job they'll buy you a new ecu, and then once you get the bike back you can decide if you want to get the new ecu flashed.

Sorry I didn’t get back about possible ECU damage. Thankfully no damage. But wondering if there’s an update on my flashed ECU or a new one that’s better than one I’ve got.
Thanks

Sorry I didn’t get back about possible ECU damage. Thankfully no damage. But wondering if there’s an update on my flashed ECU or a new one that’s better than one I’ve got.
Thanks
Take a picture of the label on the bottom of the ECU and email it to me through my website, shoodabenengineering.com . I'll let you know what you have and what is available.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Well my Connie C-14 and I have been together for 3 years, and this will be our 4th riding season - my love for her remains unchanged. She is a 2011 and her former original owner said he sent her to Florida on a pallet for exhaust and ECM work. I do not know who or where, and I also have no reason to doubt him because the guy has quite a stable of top tier bikes and plenty of money to play with them. So what do I need to do to get a Mountain Runner flash before the season starts? She runs well, but I think she will run better with your fine work installed. Not to mention I will officially know what she has installed.

This what I know: 2011 C-14, 34k, looking at her tubes I would swear they are titanium due to their tan to yellowish coloring (I worked with quite a bit of Ti in the USAF as an aircraft structure guy) but their design is exactly like all other C-14s I have seen. There is a two brothers carbon fiber slip on muffler that is only loud when you crank the throttle a bit, but beyond that it is quite tame in the lower rev ranges.. I have no issues with her mileage or daily performance, but she definitely doesn't lift the front wheel rolling on like some I have seen. Just steady acceleration until 6k and then she has a more aggressive acceleration. Not much in the way of lower end torque at all.

That's what I know. Tell me what you think and be sure to include the details so I can get the right flash.

And thanks for all that you do for the Connie!

Jon B

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Well my Connie C-14 and I have been together for 3 years, and this will be our 4th riding season - my love for her remains unchanged. She is a 2011 and her former original owner said he sent her to Florida on a pallet for exhaust and ECM work. I do not know who or where, and I also have no reason to doubt him because the guy has quite a stable of top tier bikes and plenty of money to play with them. So what do I need to do to get a Mountain Runner flash before the season starts? She runs well, but I think she will run better with your fine work installed. Not to mention I will officially know what she has installed.

This what I know: 2011 C-14, 34k, looking at her tubes I would swear they are titanium due to their tan to yellowish coloring (I worked with quite a bit of Ti in the USAF as an aircraft structure guy) but their design is exactly like all other C-14s I have seen. There is a two brothers carbon fiber slip on muffler that is only loud when you crank the throttle a bit, but beyond that it is quite tame in the lower rev ranges.. I have no issues with her mileage or daily performance, but she definitely doesn't lift the front wheel rolling on like some I have seen. Just steady acceleration until 6k and then she has a more aggressive acceleration. Not much in the way of lower end torque at all.

That's what I know. Tell me what you think and be sure to include the details so I can get the right flash.

And thanks for all that you do for the Connie!

Jon B
Do me a favor, takes some pics of the header, and email them to me at Steve@shoodabenengineering.com along with your phone number. We'll pick it up there.
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the private email reply. You're the BEST!

I'm a little bummed that they are stock pipes, but I love my Connie none the less. She will always be faster than Ted's because she isn't red!

No shipments to CA. It looks like living in the People's Republic of California puts a damper on things yet again. This place is a massive no fun zone full of red tape and endless restrictions. Don't be fooled by all the commercials and other tourist propaganda - freedom came here to die long ago. Before the military stationed me here I never believed all the noise from folks calling it "the land of fruit, flakes, and nuts." But once I got here I learned quickly they were 100% right. The happiest day in my life will be when I see that sign at the state line in my rear-view mirror for the last time, and I know I do not have to come back. I'll miss my friends, but nothing else. That is, if I can finally convince my Valley Girl spouse that this isn't the only place on earth and we will not fall off the edge of the planet if we cross the state line - she unfortunately has been drinking the Kool-Aid since birth, has never been anywhere or done anything beyond CA and "believes the hype" no matter how bad things get. All the inmates running this asylum can all have it once we're gone!

So sorry, had to vent but I also filed my taxes last night that didn't help the mood. I am just soooo tired of having my life controlled by pack of a-holes who haven't earned the right to tie my shoes after a lifetime of service to my fellow man. Go mess with someone that has lived their entire life living in the government hammock and living off of the rest of us. Poke them with your sharp sticks! Nope, not gonna start again. But I really hate this place sometimes, yet I shouldn't fog up your thread with it.

Love what you do Steve, appreciate all the work it involves.

Take care man,
Jon

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the private email reply. You're the BEST!

I'm a little bummed that they are stock pipes, but I love my Connie none the less. She will always be faster than Ted's because she isn't red!

No shipments to CA. It looks like living in the People's Republic of California puts a damper on things yet again. This place is a massive no fun zone full of red tape and endless restrictions. Don't be fooled by all the commercials and other tourist propaganda - freedom came here to die long ago. Before the military stationed me here I never believed all the noise from folks calling it "the land of fruit, flakes, and nuts." But once I got here I learned quickly they were 100% right. The happiest day in my life will be when I see that sign at the state line in my rear-view mirror for the last time, and I know I do not have to come back. I'll miss my friends, but nothing else. That is, if I can finally convince my Valley Girl spouse that this isn't the only place on earth and we will not fall off the edge of the planet if we cross the state line - she unfortunately has been drinking the Kool-Aid since birth, has never been anywhere or done anything beyond CA and "believes the hype" no matter how bad things get. All the inmates running this asylum can all have it once we're gone!

So sorry, had to vent but I also filed my taxes last night that didn't help the mood. I am just soooo tired of having my life controlled by pack of a-holes who haven't earned the right to tie my shoes after a lifetime of service to my fellow man. Go mess with someone that has lived their entire life living in the government hammock and living off of the rest of us. Poke them with your sharp sticks! Nope, not gonna start again. But I really hate this place sometimes, yet I shouldn't fog up your thread with it.

Love what you do Steve, appreciate all the work it involves.

Take care man,
Jon
Have a good friend that moved there in his early 20s. After 40 years he couldn't take it anymore. He had snow to deal with now but he says its a great trade off.

LOL I'm in Cali AND I have snow to deal with. We had 7.25 Feet in an 8 day period last month.

I see you scratching your head. I live in the High Desert and work daily in the mountains. It was a banner year for the ski resorts.