• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Shoodaben Mountain Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

joer53

Just wanted to add my two cents concerning the Shoodaben Mountain Premium flash.  Turnaround was about a week, removal, shipping and install all simple with good instructions from Steve.  I rode 178 miles yesterday with the new flash.  When I reset the average fuel mileage on my bike it was reading 40.4 MPG.  When I got home, it read 40.0.  I'm not sure how good an indicator this is of any  fuel mileage change as I rode home into a 35mph wind from the northwest.  The first difference I noticed when I rode down the driveway is how smooth the throttle transitions during shifting are.  This impression carried through the entire ride and especially in some tasty twisties I rode.  The flash certainly made me feel I had much better throttle control.  I did a couple of higher rpm runs from stop signs in rural areas and felt, as usual, that this machine delivers all the power I could ever use and then some.  I'm very pleased with the investment.  I went with the Mountain Runner Premium because I figured I'd probably use premium fuel anyway, and should I get in a situation where premium was not available, I can always ride at half throttle or less until premium is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.