• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Short Arms, very short

rolandgary9539

I have short short arms! This bike already has hand bar risers.
Look at this picture,
A monkey and a football is the best way to describe the gas tank and me.
I do not need to "raise" the bars higher, I need them moved back 2 inches.
I am looking at a Murphy Handle Bar adapter and a 7/8 bar as a solution.
Couple questions,
1. What 7/8" bar to use
2. What to do about the cables/lines?
3. Any tips or warnings?

I know I am only 30 years to this problem, please help out a new old guy!

Attachments

• Paraire Schooner.jpg
    Paraire Schooner.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 129
I haven't done this mod, but suggest you contact Gary Murphy with some of your questions.
Others will be along soon to give details.

Ride safe, Ted

I went the Storz route but any 7/8" adaptor will work. You can use any 7/8" bars. Mine are 30.5" wide with 8" of rise - from an early 80's CB650 IIRC. Only had to have lengthened brake lines.

OEM switch pod electrical wires, Throttle and choke cables were able to be used by rerouting them between the trip tree and tank.

The clutch hydraulic line was carefully bent 90 degrees to provide more length. Now it points up between the front edge of the tank, just left of the steering head rather than straight forward.

You can see how lines are routed in the pics.

C10_Storz.jpg

C10_Storz_PullBack.jpg

If you get a Storz adaptor, I have a setback plate that I made for my C-10 that moves the bars straight back 2".
It's yours for the postage if you want to try it.

Attachments

• 20210117_101336.jpg
    20210117_101336.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 94
If you get a Storz adaptor, I have a setback plate that I made for my C-10 that moves the bars straight back 2".
It's yours for the postage if you want to try it.
I used the Storz adaptor with the Daytona bars from Bikemaster with this setup.