• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Short Notice ride around the Lake

OMoaC

Gonna test Steve's new flash running around Lake Mead on Sunday Jan 8 if anyone wants to dance. Lemme know.  :motonoises: :great:

Um, well, let's see... It was -12 when I left the house this AM (in my truck) and the streets were not cleared yet of the snow we received Wednesday eve.

So.... a ride around a lake in warmer temps?  Sounds delightful.  Sorry that I won't be making it.

What time are you heading out old man?

I have to do my own test ride and had planned to head towards Death Valley.  With my grip heaters out I'm not sure I can brave the pass in the morning.

Last time I road over to Vegas to ride around Lake Mead with you, I was caught in major traffic jams, had to beg for lodging in the Sierras, was attacked by hoards of bunnies, got dingy from sleep deprivation, got caught in a high Sierra storm that included wind, rain, torrential rain, sleet, snow, hail and I swear frickin ice cubes, and to top it all off played cat and mouse with wild fires & road closings.

And this time it's in the middle of winter? I'm out.  :truce:

But seriously, if your looking for adventures, OMC puts on good ones!  :great:

CaffeineMan said:
What time are you heading out old man?

I have to do my own test ride and had planned to head towards Death Valley.  With my grip heaters out I'm not sure I can brave the pass in the morning.
Looking to meet up in Boulder City around 9a for Bfast at the place Wandring and I tried to crawl to for the Bark at the Moon but we kept losing count when using our fingers trying to get to 10  :)) Supposed to be in the 60's.

I tested my tires thru Shoshone and Death Valley Junction and they are A-OK.

How did the flash test go?

CaffeineMan said:
I tested my tires thru Shoshone and Death Valley Junction and they are A-OK.

How did the flash test go?
Awesome. Highly recommended! Never got above 50 but no wind. Sun broke through a couple times. Only a couple cars OTR.  :motonoises: :great: