• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Short Review - REAX Ridge Textile Pants

gilbysan

Coggers,
I wanted a lighter pair of waterproof winter riding pants (no quilted liner) that would keep me dry in the Seattle winter.  I noted that on the Connie except for my knees, my legs did not get very wet when riding because of the faring coverage but could feel the cold riding in jeans when the temp was less than about 55 degrees.
I bought a pair of REAX Ridge (Cycle Gear) pants to see how they worked and am very happy with them.  I am 5'9", slim at 155# take a 32" waist and 32" inseam. They are probably 33-34" inseam as they come which is just right when seated on the Connie; they cover my legs and boots just right.  They fit snugly over my jeans, which is perfect for me.  They come with both hip and knee pads which I removed, and the knee pad carriers are adjustable. The material is impregnated with their waterproofing stuff and they are pretty easy to get in and out of because of the large zippers located on the inside of the lower legs.  There are waterproof zippers for everything and vents on the front and back for those times when needed. 

No leaks of air or water and they keep me comfortable so far down to the low 30s when riding.
I highly recommend them to anyone who want a euro cut type over pant that does not have a quilted liner.
https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/reax-ridge-textile-pants
Safe Riding!
Gilbysan