• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Short Review - RevIt Sand 3 Jacket

gilbysan

Coggers,
Recently I bought a RevIt Sand 3 Jacket.  I have other winter jackets; Sedici Arturo 3 layer (lent to a riding buddy), Fieldsheer Sugo (given to my Son), and recently a REAX Ridge Textile, which I exchanged for the Sand 3.
I exchanged it because although I like the thinner layering of the REAX, I felt cold air on  my shoulders and neck probably due to back pressure from the windshield.  At temps down into the lower 30s it was noticeable.  I did not feel this when wearing the Sedici or Fieldsheer so I attribute it to the thinner nature of the jacket fabrics.  Waterproof it may be, but not quite wind proof in a way that was important to me.  It was worth a try since CG had it on sale over the holidays.  After wearing it on several rides in the cold and wet I decided to take it back and just spend the money on the Sand 3, a jacket I had looked at for some time.

It was a good call.  I am very happy with the jacket.  The fit and finish are excellent as are all RevIt products.  In particular, I appreciate the several fastening systems that you can adjust the fit to your body style.  It is comfortable to ride with it on at all times and although I have not used the venting yet, I feel certain if needed they will be handy.  I came back from a particularly wet ride yesterday and just removed the outer layer from the water proof and thermal section to let it dry on its own and it was quickly ready to put back together again.  Also, this jacket comes with what they call a "destination liner," which looks like those neoprene type shells we all have nowadays.  I have not used it separately but feel certain it will do the job when needed. 

The one thing I do on jackets is add those little pull tabs to any zipper where I might want/need to adjust it when riding with gloves which is always.  Particularly when wearing winter waterproof gloves.  Just a short section of nylon lacing about 3 inches long total to make it easier to locate the pull tab does the trick.

One thing I have adopted is having a jacket for each season.  I just don't care for a single covering that may work for different seasonal changes.  Rather, I have a hot summer mesh jacket, a leather unlined for temps in the 80s down to the low 50s, a lined leather for the low 50s to mid 40s and now this Sand 3 for the truly cold and wet days.  Seems like overkill, and maybe it is. I want to be either warm and dry, or cool and dry without worrying about it too much.

Cheers!
Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Attachments

• revit_sand3_jacket_silver_anthracite_1800x1800.jpg
    revit_sand3_jacket_silver_anthracite_1800x1800.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 127
I also had 4 different jackets for every season since no jacket was adequate enough.
I have spent a lot of time searching for a truly all season jacket. However most jackets are not suitable for hot weather and the truth is, vents don't do the job.
Another thing i noticed is that a hydration bladder really makes a difference since i can drink lemonade or cold water anytime and this keeps me from getting too hot and uncomfortable.
Right know i am wearing a Siima Sibirsky suit. I found that this is the best of all worlds when it comes to dealing with weather changes. The jacket has a rain layer that goes on top and a removable layer that transforms the jacket into a summer mesh. It also has a hydration bladder which i personally find very useful.

That's my two cents i guess.

Cheers!