• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

side spoilers

I've never come across the Bakers before. Wonder how effective they are. I was actually looking for the Kawasaki product.
Dave

It would be really helpful if you could tell us where we can see the OEM product you're talking about.  Kawasaki made extensions for the C10 that went on the lower fairings.  I have those and love'm, but curious as to what you're talking about.

I'm going to ask my Kawasaki shop to see if they can get them. I'm in Winnipeg and like to ride from the beginning of the season till the snow comes to stay and a little more protection would be welcome.

I have a set in my garage that Hans-ove bought and had shipped to my home.
    I'm supposed to hold them till he comes over for the National. {He lives in Sweden}

I can look at them again and give info about them if it would help in some way?
  When they arrived, it took me a bit to figure out where they fit.

Ride safe, Ted

I have had these on my bike for several years now and does increase the pocket of still air around the rider.

It would have been nice if they were a little bit larger...... as the one's that BMW offer on the Police RT's do stick out further in which offers the rider a larger pocket of still air.

I did get the lower ones from Kawasaki Canada and am pleased with them. Move the airflow just outside my knees. Was a cool spring here on the Cdn prairie and these were worth the money. Plus I’ve had the ones from ProjectD that take your hands and arms out of the airflow.... had them for years. The combo works well. Almost has the C14 in the same league as the bmw rt at about 10+k$ less.

Here is what I posted about them back in August of 2017

I have them, I bought them from my local dealer but that was a few years ago so maybe they are EU only now ?. I use them in the winter & they make the air pocket you sit in wider keeping the cooler air off the outsides of your arm's & leg's. They definitely work but you would not want to have them on in hot weather !!

I'm hoping we get some hot weather here someday! Next day I'm riding is Friday and temps are forecast to reach mid 50s which for me is a great riding temp. My other half doesn't agree though, lol.

Seriously, these, in the big picture, inexpensive mods really round out weather protection for our C14. I've demoed the RT in 30 & 40s degrees and other than the heated seat it's really not worth $10+k more.