• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Signal Light shut off reminder

Dakota001

Tricycle
Has anyone thought about wiring in a small buzzer into the signal relay so that it will sound off on every flash as a reminder to shut them off. My last bike had auto shutoff and I keep forgetting to manually shut off the signal lights. You can buy 3v-12v buzzers on EBay cheap.

If you attend a National you may have seen Speed I Pus Rex.
Now that's a fun way to be reminded.

I had something rigged up to buzz unless the brake was held.  It was SUPER annoying, so I removed it.  I upgraded the signal indicator bulbs to be more visible in the day.  No issues since. 

Bill said:
Has anyone thought about wiring in a small buzzer into the signal relay so that it will sound off on every flash as a reminder to shut them off. My last bike had auto shutoff and I keep forgetting to manually shut off the signal lights. You can buy 3v-12v buzzers on EBay cheap.

Yes, just about everybody has thought about it.  ;D

Somebody makes a buzzer for the seat that lets you know your turn signal is on. didn't see it but a young lady at the 2013 Nats sat on a buzzer equipped bike and she didn't stay in the seat very long from what I understand.

TimR said:
Somebody makes a buzzer for the seat that lets you know your turn signal is on. didn't see it but a young lady at the 2013 Nats sat on a buzzer equipped bike and she didn't stay in the seat very long from what I understand.

I know the feeling!! When you get a vibration in the seat  :) you know your turn signal is still on. Got the idea from RWulf.

Than you Richard!!!!! :great: :great:

Shoodaben has one. SISF installed it, and I haven't chased down the wiring yet to be able to post a circuit diagram or parts list. Perhaps he can.

Truth be told, this was the feature that convinced me to buy the bike.  :043:

Nosmo said:
Bill said:

Yes, just about everybody has thought about it.  ;D
I was also thinking about this: https://kisantech.com/mag/signalminder/10apf.html
Seems like it might work, but the switch needs to be reset after use back to center.

My  1984 ZN 1100 has self canceling turn signals. Not sure if they were discontinued due to safety concerns, but they work great for me.

I simply use my friend Doug who nags the hell out of me via the scala rider unit.  Drives him crazy, which is why I do it.

So there.

Cheaper than $150 add-on which wont last me 3 months - no accessories do.

do not use kissantech... it is only a minder for 110 dollars...

Go check Smart turn system. (www.safer-turn.com)

I installed it on my bike and i must say i am really impressed on how this device works. The only downside is that you have to cut wires to plug it in, but you also have to do that with kissantech...

ok,
Riding a MC takes ATTENTION! If you can't remember to turn off your signals then you are definitely NOT paying enough attention. Now you install a device to further remove paying attention? Doesn't make sense to me. I do forget once in a while to cancel my signal. Not very often but it does happen. When I see I forgot it it is a reminder I need to PAY MORE ATTENTION!
BTW: This is NO DIFFERENT than looking at your instrument cluster in your car to be constantly monitoring conditions/ engine stats etc.

Rant mode: OFF

Matt

mattchewn said:
ok,
Riding a MC takes ATTENTION! If you can't remember to turn off your signals then you are definitely NOT paying enough attention. Now you install a device to further remove paying attention? Doesn't make sense to me. I do forget once in a while to cancel my signal. Not very often but it does happen. When I see I forgot it it is a reminder I need to PAY MORE ATTENTION!
BTW: This is NO DIFFERENT than looking at your instrument cluster in your car to be constantly monitoring conditions/ engine stats etc.

Matt

+1

harrykaw said:
mattchewn said:
ok,

Matt

+1

+10
If you are that unobservant as to the already existant warning lights, speedo, tach, etc on your dash panel, along with paying attention to everything going on around you, you might want to park the bike in the garage...
Just extending Matts rant... ..

Now, that said, even if there were remotely (as in mounted along the top edge of the fairing) warnings that flashed with the signal lights, someone would still say they need self cancelling signals...

And then they would turn up the music on their helmet mounted speakers, while talking on their voice activated helmet radio, telling someone they just found a great deal on some gadget they found on ebay on their smart phone, while texting about wanting to find a good restaurant that serves Albanian quisine...

But in reality it won't matter, because they probably will run out of gas... because there was no low fuel warning ....

Rant off... :rotflmao: :great:
:motonoises: ride the bike and pay attention.