• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Slimey Crud Run - Spring 2016

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
One of the few group rides that I really like to attend each year, I've been a big fan of the SCR since I did my first one probably 6 years ago. The Runs occur on the first Sunday of May and October, and have been going on since the 70's.

Why do I like it so much?

First, it's one of the few rides in my area that's not dominated by HD. It offers an near-even mix of ADVs, vintage, UJMs, sport-tourers, cruisers, etc.

Next, there's no set ride route or times. Show up sometime in the morning in tiny Pine Bluff, WI, for a cup of coffee and bike-ogling, then leave when you want by whatever route you want for as long as you want. At some point in the afternoon, stop by the wide-spot-in-the-road community of Leland, WI, for some more bike viewing.

Finally, the mix of riders suits my temperment a bit better than most other organized rides. I even like it when the weather's not perfect, as you'll see a higher percentage of the more 'serious' riders involved.

Maybe I'll see you there.  :motonoises: