• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Slippery lowered pegs

mrinnocent

I bought the lowered pegs recently and found them to be very slippery for me. Any tips on making them more grippy? This is with grippy boot soles in dry conditions. There are a bunch of things I could do but I’m wondering if anyone has had this problem and solved it.

Which ones did you buy? My AST brackets use the OEM pegs. Same, just lower and they're ok. I had the Murph's pegs on my C-10 but didn't like the ones for the C-14.

I had them on my C-10 and liked them. I bought a similar set for the C-14 and did NOT like them.

I have the Murph’s lowering pegs in my c14 and have not noticed mine being slippery, i do wish they were made with a rubber top on the peg though.

Ive never had this brought up before...I've got something in mind but it will take awhile to investigate

Maybe I am just spoiled by spiky adv pegs. But the lugs of my boots don't engage with pegs' central, textured surface. They mostly interface with the edges, which are flat and painted.

Ive never had this brought up before...I've got something in mind but it will take awhile to investigate
Just rcvd my set of footpegs for the C14 today. Hvnt installed them yet but I see you're still lightening fast with the shipping. Some things never change. LOL And that's a good thing.